Is it time to repeal the Bush tax cuts?

• Banned
No. But some of the Big Banks seem to have that luxury. You obviously didn't read the link, given the quick reply. Why not do that and consider where the money paid in bonuses by G-S comes from (or from whom)?
Look at the fees the large banks get from the "95%ers", that is most of us. And consider so much wealth goes to so few, and if that is good for our nation.
What's a bankers service worth? More than the first responder who may save your child's life (many times at the risk of his/hers)?

Our small business got a tax refund for the first time in 25 years in 'O7 We applied that to our estimated taxes in 08. The IRS is in for a big suprise in 09. Our sales are down 30 percent. The 5 percenters are dwindling. My guess is they will have to go after the 10 percenters. And then the 50 percenters. That still have jobs.

• Banned
Understood. No one likes to pay taxes. My point is those who earn the most got the greatest benefit from the Bush and Reagan tax cuts, and these same people are receiving enormous bonuses today. At the same time, those layed off and receiving unemployment benefits will soon be further out of luck.
The latter group will not spend money they don't have on goods and services from small business (as you suggest); and the big money boys won't either.

i say we repeal sending 700,000,000,000 to citizens of countires in the middle east and pass it out to citizens of the usa......

The Reagan-Bush tax cuts for the rich created the vast majority of the National Debt.

Reagan's budget director David Stockman called them a "trojan horse" to reduce taxes for the rich.

The Reagan-Bush tax cuts for the rich created the vast majority of the National Debt.

Reagan's budget director David Stockman called them a "trojan horse" to reduce taxes for the rich.

Tax cuts don't cause deficits, you moron, spending more than you have does.
If you got a 25% raise at work and went out and spent 45% more, you'd run a deficit.
If you got a 5% cut in pay and cut your spending by 5% would you run a deficit?
Yer an idiot.

me either, and taxes just take more of what i do have. i want politicians to get their thieving pick pocket paws outa my jeans.

But some of the Big Banks seem to have that luxury. You obviously didn't read the link, given the quick reply. Why not do that and consider where the money paid in bonuses by G-S comes from (or from whom)?

what about the gov, are you as concerned about their tax theft as you are about this?

Look at the fees the large banks get from the "95%ers", that is most of us. And consider so much wealth goes to so few, and if that is good for our nation.
What's a bankers service worth? More than the first responder who may save your child's life (many times at the risk of his/hers)?

right, fees fuck people over as much as taxes do, both need to be cut to the quick

Maybe it's time for the government to start spending less.

That's what gets me, and is the real root cause of the mess.
The only answers anyone comes up with is more tax, but there is no attempts to curb spending, anywhere.

Ronald Reagan ran for president in 1980 on this theme: Cut taxes, cut spending. To see what happened do a little research on federal spending since 1981, look at unemployment figures, revenues and the national debt during the period 1981 - 2008.

Maybe it's time for the government to start spending less.

That's what gets me, and is the real root cause of the mess.
The only answers anyone comes up with is more tax, but there is no attempts to curb spending, anywhere.

Ronald Reagan ran for president in 1980 on this theme: Cut taxes, cut spending. To see what happened do a little research on federal spending since 1981, look at unemployment figures, revenues and the national debt during the period 1981 - 2008.

I don't give a fuck what Reagan said, or any of them for that matter, there's very little difference in any of 'em.

Forum List

Back