Is it time to legalize Marijuana in Washington state?

Natsumi

Aug 8, 2010
Washington State
As Washington state residents know Initiative 1068 will soon be available to vote and decriminalize marijuana for the state of Washington.

It failed to make it on the ballot by the due date of July 2nd for the 300,000 or so signatures needed. I'm sure this gets talked a lot about and it's a never ending story, but always a good debate to hear others opinions on this issue whether you live in Washington or any other state or country.

I live in a really liberal state so I already know what they would say about that lol. but I wanna know what others have to say..

Here is the video and article along with Washington residents comments:

http://www.king5.com/news/up-front/Is-it-time-to-legalize-maijuana-89868212.html

Also, here is an article explaining I-1068:

Read I-1068 | Sensible Washington

Last edited:
im a conservative, and i say its a state issue. if the people vote for it in a state election, then let em have it. no biggy. I dont think legalizing it violates any part of the constitution, anyway. I live in Colorado, a state that practically has pot as legal and people are lining up to walk-in clinics to complain of back pain and get their prescriptions, it is kinda funny. I haven't noticed any statistics to show that anything has really changed as far as crime or anything so i can probably conclude that thus far its really not a big deal.

Last edited:
I think so too..I've signed it already over the weekend and also donated to the cause. I know some people who are helping out otherwise I wouldn't of. There's no reason why it should be prohibited..Job creation being the most important that this could do also.

As Washington state residents know Initiative 1068 will soon be available to vote and decriminalize marijuana for the state of Washington.

It failed to make it on the ballot by the due date of July 2nd for the 300,000 or so signatures needed. I'm sure this gets talked a lot about and it's a never ending story, but always a good debate to hear others opinions on this issue whether you live in Washington or any other state or country.

I live in a really liberal state so I already know what they would say about that lol. but I wanna know what others have to say..

Here is the video and article along with Washington residents comments:

Is it time to legalize marijuana? | KING 5 TV | Seattle News, Local News, Breaking News, Weather | KING 5 News Up Front

Also, here is an article explaining I-1068:

Read I-1068 | Sensible Washington

Leave it up to the states, as many other things should be. Why not?? Everyone could move and live in the state that best suits their lifestyles.

Absolutely yes. More and more states should follow similar initiatives, and one day hopefully Mexico, Central America and more countries and regions will follow. The plain fact is that organized crime benefits from prohibition. A continent-wide effort to decriminalized marijuana and take it out of the hands of the cartels will be a huge blow, and more should follow. And it's not only an issue of economics either, as important as that is (and of course, all its obvious benefits), but at its core, drug addiction is a public health problem, not a police/military problem. This is a small step in the right direction.

Yes, and I would vote for it, as a citizen of Washington State.
Our state could make a lot of money off of it, and with a budget problem, we need the money.
Plus Washington State grows some killer bud.

I dont see the harm in it myself... I have NEVER been high and wanted to hurt anyone.

I can see having restrictions as to where and when (i.e. DUI or around kids), but why ban it? Makes no sense to me.

I dont see the harm in it myself... I have NEVER been high and wanted to hurt anyone.

I can see having restrictions as to where and when (i.e. DUI or around kids), but why ban it? Makes no sense to me.

Exactly! I remember in high school, it was easier to get a dub sack, than a case of beer. Drug dealers do not card.

Yes, and I would vote for it, as a citizen of Washington State.
Our state could make a lot of money off of it, and with a budget problem, we need the money.
Plus Washington State grows some killer bud.

A Zags fan, huh? where in Washington you from? Im in the Wenatchee area. I'm orginally from Shizuoka in Japan though..lived here almost 5 years now. I'm a Dawgs fan since I did attend UW

Forum List

Back