Is it Time to Hide Under the Desk?

Any board members ready or preparing for an apocalyse?

Yep...

basement39007.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Seriously, it's just my couponing hobby, but it'll come in handy should the worst occur.

You know, you've got more groceries there than Czechoslovakia had in 1982 :lol:

Yikes! I have no guns, although I've been told I probably should to protect my stockpile.

listen to yall....first of all...none of you have the type of storage that is needed for a years worth of rations...and water...you may get by with dehydrated stuff left and right but you must have water...ow how much water are you going to need per person and where are you gonna store it? and remind me again who were are fighting with all this ammo? mexicans, blacks, who? and why have the police and nation guards collapsed to the point that citizens must arm to the hilt...o because yall are a bunch of paranoid fucks who got no clue what you talking about...

Government fails, so does the police and national Guard dumb ass. Which is what they are working to protect themselves from.

All one need do is buy a couple out buildings sold at any Lowes or Home Depot. If you have the money to stock up on water and food, you sure as hell have the money to buy the storage facilities. And you need the ammo to protect those buildings from those that would try and take your water and food after the collapse.

My problem with stockpiling food and water is that I do not think I could ever turn anyone away even if it meant running out myself. Not much point in living if all that matters is yourself. I am armed and well stocked in ammo though, cause that I can use on the thieves and assholes that think they can take what they want from others.

well what happened after Soviet Union collapsed ( while i was living there ) is people started getting killed for their Real Estate.

our own apartment was taken from us by the mayor of the city ... at least we didn't get killed.

of course that was a side effect of "privatization" so in US we will probably not see that.

hyperinflation did take place ( in Ukraine where i lived ) so everybody switched to Dollars. there were currency exchange kiosks on every corner - literally as many of them as bus stations.

i don't know what we will switch to here once dollar implodes.

young people didn't lose much but old people got wiped out because first their savings evaporated then they were literally killed for their apartments. they didn't figure out what was going on fast enough.

there were no problems with food severe enough that anybody would be assaulted for it. there was also no problem with water.

there WERE and STILL ARE problems with heating in winter. don't be surprised if next winter indoor temeperatures around 50 degrees F become common here in US. And you will only get it up to 50F after you seal all the gaps around the windows with duct tape. pipes in some places will freeze and pop.

we had voltage in the outlets drop from 220V to around 150V. i was using an adjustable autotransformer with my reading lamp otherwise it was too dim.

public transporation deteriorated ... but that was because it was truly public ... in US we do pay for your bus or subway so it probably won't happen.

roads deteriorated.

HERE IS THE FUCKED UP PART THOUGH:

my friends here in Brooklyn, NY all go back to Ukraine ( specifically Odessa and Kiev ) every year on vacation and say that it is SO MUCH BETTER over there than here in US that every time they come back they get suicidal depression.

because ultimately happiness is not about having heat in the winter. it's about freedom. and there is more freedom in Ukraine than in USA. in fact the comparison my friends make between Ukraine and USA is a NIGHT CLUB versus PRISON.

you folks don't know that you are living in a prison because you were born here. you don't know any better.

let me tell you, this country ( USA ) is overrun BY COMPLETE FUCKING IDIOTS. god bless Lenin for outlawing religion in USSR. you don't know what you have until you lose it. freedom of religion is the one mistake the founding fathers made. if religion was illegal in USA as it was in USSR then USA would have been a PARADISE !

freedom of religion only sounds good in theory. in practice it is a FREEDOM OF SLAVERY.

Last edited:
I certainly cannot blame people who are preparing for the worst, just in case.

I do wonder about the mental stability of those who are prepared or preparing, and who are therefore hoping for a complete breakdown of society.

I do wonder about the mental stability of those who are prepared or preparing, and who are therefore hoping for a complete breakdown of society.

i have life vests on my boat; it doesn't mean i want it to sink.

what about those who are HOPING for it but NOT PREPARING ?

Forum List

Back