Is it Time to Hide Under the Desk?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Does anybody remember living through a period that holds the potential horror that this one does?

It's one thing to watch the stock market and compare the WH policies to Carter, and the all the rest of the boilerplate of political criticism, but today I heard a radio commercial which suggested buying ammunition, and the company would sell you storable food supplies and gas masks!!!!! efoodsdirect.com

Follow this link today's WSJ article which suggests 1 in 5 chance that we're heading for a depression. Opinion: What Are the Odds of a Depression? - WSJ.com

Any board members ready or preparing for an apocalyse?

Last edited:
Today we're worrying about money disappearing, yesterday we worried about Russian nukes.Whatever. I can tell the young ones by their fascination with money.

Today we're worrying about money disappearing, yesterday we worried about Russian nukes.Whatever. I can tell the young ones by their fascination with money.

Thanks for bringing me back to earth, I think.

If the old ones need something to be fascinated about, consider this from Daschle's book, which seems to be the direction of US healthcare:
"He praises Europeans for being more willing to accept “hopeless diagnoses” and “forgo experimental treatments,” and he chastises Americans for expecting too much from the health-care system."

So, to the elderly; "Just suck it up."

Feel better?

horror of the times...hm no polio....no blood poisioning....no rh factor deaths...no pandemnic flus...
no small pox....yellow fever or malaria...war in iraq...compared to ww2...some of those guys served the entire time..there was no 15 months limits or tour limits...the country had been attacked by an overt enemy...the vietnam war..the tet offensive...the horror of kent state...watergate the pardoning of president nixon....we live in interesting times...always have..always will

Thanks for bringing me back to earth, I think.

If the old ones need something to be fascinated about, consider this from Daschle's book, which seems to be the direction of US healthcare:
"He praises Europeans for being more willing to accept “hopeless diagnoses” and “forgo experimental treatments,” and he chastises Americans for expecting too much from the health-care system."

So, to the elderly; "Just suck it up."

Feel better?

"forgo experimental treatments"??? All current treatments where at one time experimental... How are we to find the next medical brake through if it wasn't for experimental treatment.

oooo watch the young get nasty...but as a baby boomer i understand how the young feel...hell baby boomers have indulged themselves to the max.. and now the cows are coming home to the younger ones...and i dont think the burden of baby boomers hitting the health care system is gonna help

Political Chic, if you think the old ones are fascinated by Daschle, then you are misinformed. I think it's funny that you even brought up Daschle, he's a non-entity at this point

i am not getting on that ice floe....you can just forget about that

I like that allusion.

You know, I must admit that I was always partial to "World Destruction" fiction and sci fi, but I never actually thought that I would have to stock up on army rations and ammo.

Just don't be thinkin' you'll drop in for a snack.

i am not getting on that ice floe....you can just forget about that

I like that allusion.

You know, I must admit that I was always partial to "World Destruction" fiction and sci fi, but I never actually thought that I would have to stock up on army rations and ammo.

Just don't be thinkin' you'll drop in for a snack.

You've said nothing that led me to believe that you would ever feel the need to.

Does anybody remember living through a period that holds the potential horror that this one does?

It's one thing to watch the stock market and compare the WH policies to Carter, and the all the rest of the boilerplate of political criticism, but today I heard a radio commercial which suggested buying ammunition, and the company would sell you storable food supplies and gas masks!!!!! efoodsdirect.com

Follow this link today's WSJ article which suggests 1 in 5 chance that we're heading for a depression. Opinion: What Are the Odds of a Depression? - WSJ.com

Well your girl An Coulter sure knows a thing or 2 about hiding under the desk:razz:

i remember doing this, and checking bldgs to see if they had a fallout shelter in them. pretty stupid when you look back on it, but i was six.

08.jpg

duck-and-cover-poster.jpg

Political Chic, if you think the old ones are fascinated by Daschle, then you are misinformed. I think it's funny that you even brought up Daschle, he's a non-entity at this point

nosirreeee he is not, he is working behind the scenes,, he is very much still the baton leading the orchestra!

Well, I guess I'll volunteer to be the first alarmist. I've been stocking up on ammunition for months (see my thread in Outdoors on dwindling ammunition supplies)

My pantry is full, and my wood stove has been serviced.

For the record, I don't expect a second American depression but I am a firm believer in 'Hope for the best but prepare for the worst'.

I'm going to start storing up immediately. Those foods look so appetizing. I like their layaway plan.

Really? How about if his healthcare intentions remain part of the Simulus Bull?

"While Republicans and Democrats dance around and debate whether or not the "economic stimulus" bill will actually stimulate the economy, the most important things that have been slipped into the bill are not even being discussed. The reality is that Democrats have inserted provisions into the bill that will give the federal government COMPLETE control over your health care under a nationalized health care plan."

Of The Future: "Stimulus" Bill = Tom Daschle's Nationalized Health Care Plan!

Well your girl An Coulter sure knows a thing or 2 about hiding under the desk:razz:

What is the reference.

It's always humorous when the brainless throw in a term that serves as a "laugh-line" for the acumen-challenged, and suppose that they will be considered intelligent, even in the broadest sense. Did you practice saying "ANN COULTER" in the mirror so that you could drop the name and be considered in the know?

Didn't work.

Now here is a challenge: Explain your disagreement with Coulder's view on single mothrers and their raising children.
Too tough? OK, how about her exposing Communist influence in the Roosevelt, Truman, etc. administrations, or her defense of McCarthy. No, I didn't think so.

Forum List

Back