Is it time to do the mature thing?

Said1 said:
Sure,sure flamming Blabberella is fun and all, but I think it's ignore time.

Been my feeling for a long time now-----gotta wake up folks and see what she is doing. She set herself up for rejection and wasn't banned. Why?

jimnyc said:
Hmmm..... I forgot about that option. Yes, I have received a bunch of complaints about her. But I also received hundreds of complaints in the past about being to judgemental about liberals and that it would ultimately be back slapping neo-cons here! LOL

I'm just trying to keep it equal all the way around. I guess I should have advised a few of the other users to use the ignore option!

Do you find she contributes anything significant in comparision to other left leaning posters? I'm not rooting to ban her, I'm just curious as to what makes her equal to spilly, or ne.

jimnyc said:
She really hasn't broken any of the written rules we set forth. Yes, she whines, she offers unsubstantiated opinion and rarely, if ever, debates or deals in fact. But, she does somewhat stay on topic.

Example... New user 'nucular' wanting to know all about how the 'prez' pronounces this word. There are varying degrees of trolls. I'd rather deal with the slightly more intelligent yet stubborn, deluded liberals than have to deal with the 12 year olds.

NP--better get someone in here who knows how to deal with her then. She's taking over.

Maybe I'm strange but I get a kick out of her stupidity. There are plenty of people on the board to have intelligent, meaningful conversations with; sometimes it's fun just to have a fool to play with.

I have said from the beginning - Gabby = comic relief.

And what is so great is that we all tell her how stupid she is, or how idiotic her opinions and thought are and she keeps coming back for more.

I mean, think about it. If you were on a board that obviously nobody wanted you there, wouldn't you leave? She keeps coming back for more abuse.

Yeah..sometimes she doesn't answer valid points, or provide links, or any number of things that we wish she would do, but that's ok for me..as long as she keeps spouting her lunacy so I can laugh at her.

jimnyc said:
I think she contributes complete garbage, but I think that about almost every liberal that comes here. What makes her equal is that she registered to the USMB under the belief that we encourage and believe in free speech. Believe me, with the headaches I'm getting from this issue it would be so much easier to ban her and be done with it. For once I'm trying to be an innocent outsider looking in, and based on that I don't see her doing anything to warrant a ban.

Bending over backwards to prove a point to a sociopath will cost ya everytime HOWEVER---if the board is gonna be a shooting gallery for liberals or something to laugh at---- :huh:

G84 is either extremely stupid, extremely disturbed, extremely immature or playing games.... (here's a quote "perhaps we should kill all Catholic priests?").... if you want to talk about being out in the deep end!!!!

My guess is that even if she is ignored, she'll continue with her games....

This is just my opinion, but I wouldn't be surprised to see her banned before the end of the month ... she's going to eventually go too far...

jimnyc said:
What exactly is she taking over? She has no permissions to the SQL database and my password to critical sections are changed weekly. She cannot moderate any forums and has no more rights than the average joe who registers here.

Why do you suggest we get someone in here who knows how to deal with her? Do you think my standing by the rules and encouraging free speech is the wrong way to move the board? Do you honestly believe this board would be better if we banned all those with liberal opinions, those that are rude, those that deal in delusions and not reality? I think this board would be less interesting if we only left those here that we agreed with and got along with.

She has taken over by causing so much animosity that her name pops up in threads that are not even about her. The long threads are about HER. She's has found the loophole and is playing it like a fiddle. Keep her---I'm just making an observation. Do I think the board could survive her sitting on the sidelines from time to time?? Swimmingly.

Here we go.. This outta get me dinged a few times...

While Gabby's a disgusting bitch (for lack of a better term), she really hasn't done anything to warrant being banned. Not one single rule (as I've read them) has been broken.

What I see is this:

People are starting to ignore the people they DO like to debate with, and ignore people they like, just to get a piece of her. That's wrong. She really shouldn't be anything more than entertainment value... We shouldn't be stooping to the level of insults we have been over the last week or so (I'm guilty as hell).

From this point forward, I'm going to make a legitimate attempt at following Said's initial post.. Probably not totally ignoring her, but I'm not going to just jump into a thread to leave an insult and nothing more, either.. She's just another user, and really shouldn't be worth all the effort people are putting in to her..

Cheers!

jimnyc said:
I can assure you - if she pushes the envelope and steps over the line (the written rules), I will personally be the one to ban her and link her to DU.

I'm not saying ban her at all. I'm saying let her continue, but ignore her. I will be the first to admit it's been fun flamming her and, I find her funny also. On the other hand, my point is, I think it's time to ignore her and move on to more interesting discussion.

Just my two cents.

Shattered said:
Here we go.. This outta get me dinged a few times...

While Gabby's a disgusting bitch (for lack of a better term), she really hasn't done anything to warrant being banned. Not one single rule (as I've read them) has been broken.

What I see is this:

People are starting to ignore the people they DO like to debate with, and ignore people they like, just to get a piece of her. That's wrong. She really shouldn't be anything more than entertainment value... We shouldn't be stooping to the level of insults we have been over the last week or so (I'm guilty as hell).

From this point forward, I'm going to make a legitimate attempt at following Said's initial post.. Probably not totally ignoring her, but I'm not going to just jump into a thread to leave an insult and nothing more, either.. She's just another user, and really shouldn't be worth all the effort people are putting in to her..

Cheers!
:thup:

jimnyc said:
Honestly, the only thing I find humorous is those that refuse to use the ignore option, refuse to contact me if they have an issue and think the board is going down the tubes because UNLIKE DU, we don't immediately ban users that arent Democrats, we allow those to stay that often have idiotic views and opinion.

I'm at a loss. For 2 years I hear complaints about 'free speech', 'backslapping neo-cons', 'too quick with the trigger', 'favoritism'.... When I try to apply the rules 100% equally across the board to promote the free speech and openness of the members I get chastised for bending over backwards?

Do you guys really want me to allow this to turn into a board that bans users simply because we disagree with them and think they're idiotic?

So far as I'm concerned Jim your handling things just fine. She pushes the envelope but she doesn't step over the line. Everyone should just ignore her if they don't want to read what she has to say. The only time I bother is when I'm bored and not much going on. She's just stupid. There are worst people here, like williamjoyce and david2004 with their racist crap. I rarely read anything they have to say. They are hate mongers while blabby is just an "ignorant slut". (from SNL)

Keep up the good work

This person isn't as dumb as we all think she is. She understands the rules very well and operates within those perameters. She's like an arsonist; she sets fires and then sits back and watches all the flaming. This is HOW she gets her kicks. I'm just surprised at all the attention that has been given her.

shes doing what trolls do. sits back and finds your buttons, then pushes them. classic troll.

as far as where the this board is heading, hell its jsut fine the way it is. Jim is right. if like the DU, then we do nothing but sit and agree with each other. ya gotta have some opposition around to debate with.

gabby is jsut a toy to play with, nothing more.

For whatever it's worth, Jim, I think that whoever is complaining to you about USMB being some kind of back-slapping "amen corner" is full of shit. Look at the people - who could be called, to some degree, liberals - who manage to stay on here. Right off the top of my head, I can name Bullypulpit, acludem, Missle Man, and deaddude - that's a combined five years of membership, easily, right there. And, even members who agree on 80% of things manage somehow to find that 20% sometimes, and disagree - hotly. It's not the content of the posts so much as it is the attitude of the member. I think, for example, that Bullypulpit has gotta be from Mars or something. But, he never fails to conduct himself like a gentleman. I've never seen anything even close to rudeness from WJ. Intelligent, well-mannered people seem to be able to stay on, regardless of their views. I'm convinced that a member who behaves like an acceptable human being will find, by and large, that he or she is welcome here.

USMB is a human enterprise, Jim, and - as such - it will always find that perfection eludes its grasp. But I think y'all have done a pretty damn good job here. Maybe you should ask yourself if the naysayers have the best interests of the USMB at heart.

musicman said:
For whatever it's worth, Jim, I think that whoever is complaining to you about USMB being some kind of back-slapping "amen corner" is full of shit. Look at the people - who could be called, to some degree, liberals - who manage to stay on here. Right off the top of my head, I can name Bullypulpit, acludem, Missle Man, and deaddude - that's a combined five years of membership, easily, right there. And, even members who agree on 80% of things manage somehow to find that 20% sometimes, and disagree - hotly. It's not the content of the posts so much as it is the attitude of the member. I think, for example, that Bullypulpit has gotta be from Mars or something. But, he never fails to conduct himself like a gentleman. I've never seen anything even close to rudeness from WJ. Intelligent, well-mannered people seem to be able to stay on, regardless of their views. I'm convinced that a member who behaves like an acceptable human being will find, by and large, that he or she is welcome here.

USMB is a human enterprise, Jim, and - as such - it will always find that perfection eludes its grasp. But I think y'all have done a pretty damn good job here. Maybe you should ask yourself if the naysayers have the best interests of the USMB at heart.

WHO in the hell let you in here? :poke:

Good post, I agree *pats MM on back* :D

musicman said:

AMEN
(slaps Musicman on the back)

Forum List

Back