CDZ Is it Time to Break Up the FBI and CIA?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by JimBowie1958, Sep 26, 2019.

1. task0778

task0778 Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,931
    Thing is, I for one am scared that a Democrat is going to be back in the WH sooner or later, and this shit that went on under Obama will return to what it once was. Especially if he/she has a Dem-controlled Senate that can approve whoever they want to fill cabinet positions, judges and justices, and many top-level Intel jobs. Not that the Repubs are a bunch of choir boys, of course they ain't but the kind of stuff the Dems have done is way over the top IMHO. As I think we will see when the current investigations release their findings.

What I don't get right now is why those same Intel agencies and others in the Exec Branch are more interested in covering up what was done instead of weeding out all the bad apples and trying to restore the reputation they once had with the American people for Honor and Integrity. And that goes for the Legislative and Judicial Branches too, it's almost all politicized and personal, or seems to be. People at the top levels of gov't should have to follow the same code of conduct as everyone else, and IMHO should be held in even more strict accountability. Maybe it can't be proven in court, that's the way our system of justice is, you gotta have sufficient evidence (unless it's Trump), but we oughta be suspending the bastards and firing them if the appropriate tribunal determines guilt. And BTW, it's not just what did he/she do that can be proven, that should lead to prosecution no matter who you are. But I think if you bring discredit to your organization that that should be grounds for the President to fire your ass without benefits, even if illegal action cannot be proved. We simply cannot allow unethical behavior to exist anywhere in gov't, but especially in those at the top.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. JimBowie1958

JimBowie1958 Old Fogey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41,866
    The Safari Club is post-Church committee.

We need the functionality, but we do not need it all under one tent. That should come at the level of the WH and National Security Council.