Is it time for the Republican party to disconnect itself from the tea party...?

What amazes me is they don't understand that there are Tea Party members that are democrats as well as the other parties. The ideas of smaller government and lower taxes are shared by most working Americans, well except for the far left.

Yup. I've attended a few TP rallies. Met Dems, Reps, Indi's and a few Libertarians.

I'm not a TP member but I see nothing wrong with wanting a smaller Govt and reduced spending.

well we see Yahoo is cranking out the UNBIASED crap
I wonder when they will ask the Democrat party disconnect themselves from the commies?

this country is lost when you have major media cranking out shit like this

On one hand, they whine about how all the RINO's should be run out of the party. On the other, they pretend there's nothing wrong with their party.

Okay, sure.

Personally, I'd love to see the Norquist hardliners split off, because I suspect they'd ultimately find out they're not nearly as popular as they think they are. The remaining Republicans would then draw moderates, independents and fiscally conservative Democrats, and work towards reducing the size, scope and cost of government in a thoughtful, pragmatic way, without all the rootin' tootin' silliness and distractions.

Last edited:

On one hand, they whine about how all the RINO's should be run out of the party. On the other, they pretend there's nothing wrong with their party.

Okay, sure.

Personally, I'd love to see the Norquist hardliners split off, because I suspect they'd ultimately find out they're not nearly as popular as they think they are. The remaining Republicans would then draw moderates, independents and fiscally conservative Democrats, and work towards reducing the size, scope and cost of government without all the rootin' tootin' silliness.

there are no Fiscally conservative Democrats LEFT..why don't we just have ONE PARTY..seems that is what you all want

Okay, sure.

Personally, I'd love to see the Norquist hardliners split off, because I suspect they'd ultimately find out they're not nearly as popular as they think they are. The remaining Republicans would then draw moderates, independents and fiscally conservative Democrats, and work towards reducing the size, scope and cost of government without all the rootin' tootin' silliness.

there are no Fiscally conservative Democrats LEFT..why don't we just have ONE PARTY..seems that is what you all want

Nope, I want two (perhaps three) strong, credible and pragmatic parties that are mature and reasonable enough to cooperate in the best interests of the country. Parties that realize that people from significantly different ideologies can actually work together if they behave as intelligent adults, and understand that our political system is based on spirited debate and thoughtful cooperation.

Crazy huh? What a commie I am!

What amazes me is they don't understand that there are Tea Party members that are democrats as well as the other parties. The ideas of smaller government and lower taxes are shared by most working Americans, well except for the far left.

Like who? I love the way Rs always attempt to portray Democrats as being as dumb as you are.

Four in 10 Tea Party members are either Democrats or Independents, according to a new national survey.
The findings provide one of the most detailed portraits to date of the grassroots movement that started last year.

Read more: Survey: Four in 10 Tea Party members are Democrats or independents - The Hill's Ballot Box

Your source was from early 2010, I doubt it was true back then even. Just stop, I doubt many here believe anything you say anymore if they ever did.

Don't attempt to pass that extreme faction off onto Democrats, we're waaay smarter than to be involved with their bullshit let alone take marching orders from them. The number back then according to your source was 13% Dem. Laughable.

Like who? I love the way Rs always attempt to portray Democrats as being as dumb as you are.

Four in 10 Tea Party members are either Democrats or Independents, according to a new national survey.
The findings provide one of the most detailed portraits to date of the grassroots movement that started last year.

Read more: Survey: Four in 10 Tea Party members are Democrats or independents - The Hill's Ballot Box

Your source was from early 2010, I doubt it was true back then even. Just stop, I doubt many here believe anything you say anymore if they ever did.

Don't attempt to pass that extreme faction off onto Democrats, we're waaay smarter than to be involved with their bullshit let alone take marching orders from them. The number back then according to your source was 13% Dem. Laughable.

LOL, the tea Party are a, extreme faction..I bet you would think the OWS are the norm

how frigging funny

Last edited:
Smaller Govt and less spending by the Clowns in Congress is extreme??

Yup. She's laughable to the max.

Smaller Govt and less spending by the Clowns in Congress is extreme??

Yup. She's laughable to the max.

yeah, all she was worried about is having them "pushed" off as a Democrat

that just CAN'T BE and they are Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay smarter:lol:

LOL, the tea Party are a, extreme faction..I bet you would think the OWS are the norm

how frigging funny

I don't agree with any extreme faction but especially the Teaparty.

Love Samantha Bee:

Occupy Wall Street Divided - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 11/16/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

how frigging funny

Love Samantha Bee:

Occupy Wall Street Divided - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 11/16/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

of course you don't agree with the Tea Party, they call for smaller government and less spending, and you people love your masters on the hill

how frigging funny

Love Samantha Bee:

of course you don't agree with the Tea Party, they call for smaller government and less spending, and you people love your masters on the hill

The teaparty doesn't "stand" for anything but a bought and paid for government that suits their purposes which is lining their own pockets.. They want the rich to rule as if the rich will ever give anything to anyone but themselves, certainly not to you. The teaparty has you poor Repubs snowed. All they do is sit there raking in the money, greed is a definate component in their policies.

they used to be called blue dogs, they are denied a voice by the commiecrats radical leadership. As for you saying my statement is false, all I can say is fuck off, I'm simply relaying personal experience, you don't like it tough shit.

Bovine feces that the Blue Dogs are "denied a voice". Pure unadulterated bovine feces.

Apparently you have short term memory loss and don't remember the Affordable Care Act debate that went on for months and months. It wasn't the GOP that the Democrats were negotiating with since they chose not to come to the table, it was the Blue Dogs.

Why don't we have a Public Option? Blue Dogs.

Love Samantha Bee:

The teaparty doesn't "stand" for anything but a bought and paid for government that suits their purposes which is lining their own pockets.. They want the rich to rule as if the rich will ever give anything to anyone but themselves, certainly not to you. The teaparty has you poor Repubs snowed. All they do is sit there raking in the money, greed is a definate component in their policies.

LOL, they want the rich to rule, and then you Democrats vote for the mega RICH as your Representatives, that always cracks me up...stop being a parrot

Republicans have made a pact with the Devil by embracing the Tea Party

Now they have a faction of their party that does not care whether we have a Government or not, does not care if they bring down the economy in order to save a few dollars in taxes, does not care if others struggle as long as they have theirs.

The TeaTards will provide sound bites to the opposition for a decade until they are purged from the party

Now they have a faction of their party that does not care whether we have a Government or not, does not care if they bring down the economy in order to save a few dollars in taxes, does not care if others struggle as long as they have theirs.

The TeaTards will provide sound bites to the opposition for a decade until they are purged from the party

bring down the economy? we thought the Dear leader had the economy in RECOVERY, or is that another lie and now he needs MORE of our monies even after raising taxes on the people in this country..

And the last we heard the Tea party was dead, but now all of sudden they have been resurrected..

damn that Tea Party is pretty good

Last edited:
It is time for the Tea Party to disassociate itself from the Republican Party and stop being a bought and paid for faux independent group.

Last edited:

bring down the economy? we thought the Dear leader had the economy in RECOVERY, or is that another lie and now he needs MORE of our monies even after raising taxes on the people in this country..

And the last we heard the Tea party was dead, but now all of sudden they have been resurrected..

The Tea Party exists in small rightwing cells. They have imbedded themselves into some solid Republican Congressional districts. They run on a "No taxes ever" platform and the people in those districts eat it up. It will be hard to dislodge them

At the Senate level, Teatards have Rand Paul, Marco Rubio and now Cruz. Rand Paul will always be a nutcase but gets nationwide financial backing. He will be tough to unseat. Rubio and Cruz are different stories. As they get national attention, they will find their TeaTard positions are being used against them. Both will moderate their position

The Tea Party exists in small rightwing cells. They have imbedded themselves into some solid Republican Congressional districts. They run on a "No taxes ever" platform and the people in those districts eat it up. It will be hard to dislodge them

At the Senate level, Teatards have Rand Paul, Marco Rubio and now Cruz. Rand Paul will always be a nutcase but gets nationwide financial backing. He will be tough to unseat. Rubio and Cruz are different stories. As they get national attention, they will find their TeaTard positions are being used against them. Both will moderate their position

TeaTards, no one should take anything you say seriously

So what's it gonna be? Are the "real" Republicans going to keep whining about the RINO's or are they not?

Are they going to finally learn to play well with the other children or are they going to sit in the corner and pout until the others leave?

"Enquiring minds want to know"!

Forum List

Back