Is it time for the Republican party to disconnect itself from the tea party...?

Pasco08

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2012
Florida
Republican Party seems as divided, angry as ever - Yahoo! News

When the GOP decided to become Gods Own Party, they started down the path of self destruction. Today Republicans have to prove themselves to a party base full of zealots and ideologues, but in doing so they disconnect from moderate Americans, even moderate Christians. What we're seeing is the slow implosion from what once was, but is no more, a relevant party. And then when you let the tea party and people like i can see Russia from my house Sarah pailin take over what did you expect would happen over time It seems to be that in order for the Republicans to ever touch the white house again they will need to move away from the extremest and get back the moderates they are losing in droves......

When the GOP decided to become Gods Own Party, they started down the path of self destruction. Today Republicans have to prove themselves to a party base full of zealots and ideologues, but in doing so they disconnect from moderate Americans, even moderate Christians. What we're seeing is the slow implosion from what once was, but is no more, a relevant party. And then when you let the tea party and people like i can see Russia from my house Sarah pailin take over what did you expect would happen over time It seems to be that in order for the Republicans to ever touch the white house again they will need to move away from the extremest and get back the moderates they are losing in droves......

I love it when democrats try to pretend they aren't a bunch of zealots and ideologues. what could possibly be more hilarious?

What amazes me is they don't understand that there are Tea Party members that are democrats as well as the other parties. The ideas of smaller government and lower taxes are shared by most working Americans, well except for the far left.

What amazes me is they don't understand that there are Tea Party members that are democrats as well as the other parties. The ideas of smaller government and lower taxes are shared by most working Americans, well except for the far left.

Like who? I love the way Rs always attempt to portray Democrats as being as dumb as you are.

When the GOP decided to become Gods Own Party, they started down the path of self destruction. Today Republicans have to prove themselves to a party base full of zealots and ideologues, but in doing so they disconnect from moderate Americans, even moderate Christians. What we're seeing is the slow implosion from what once was, but is no more, a relevant party.

Very true.

But the remedy involves more than rejecting the ignorant idiocy advocated by the TPM and others on the radical right, Becoming relevant again will also require the GOP to reject the nonsense of Christian fundamentalism, and embrace the right to privacy with regard to abortion and the right of same-sex couples to have access to marriage in accordance with the 14th Amendment.

First problem is your source is yahoo, liberal caged in animals. Secondly, they neglect there original swore duty of being investigative reporters.

Like who? I love the way Rs always attempt to portray Democrats as being as dumb as you are.

Tell me how many Tea Party meeting have you been to? I've been to national and regional rallies and local meetings and have gotten to know people of every ethnic background and every party. I don't rely on others to provide me information, I gathered it myself.

Tell me how many Tea Party meeting have you been to? I've been to national and regional rallies and local meetings and have gotten to know people of every ethnic background and every party. I don't rely on others to provide me information, I gathered it myself.

Start talking then, which Dem in congress is a teapartier? Certainly nobody at the level R teapartiers like Boehner and Cantor are.

Yours is a false claim. Sorry.

Start talking then, which Dem in congress is a teapartier? Certainly nobody at the level R teapartiers like Boehner and Cantor are.

Please point out where I said anything about a dem politician, but since you bring it up there are moderate dems that also believe in smaller government, they used to be called blue dogs, they are denied a voice by the commiecrats radical leadership. As for you saying my statement is false, all I can say is fuck off, I'm simply relaying personal experience, you don't like it tough shit.

Please point out where I said anything about a dem politician, but since you bring it up there are moderate dems that also believe in smaller government, they used to be called blue dogs, they are denied a voice by the commiecrats radical leadership. As for you saying my statement is false, all I can say is fuck off, I'm simply relaying personal experience, you don't like it tough shit.

Blue dogs do not equal teapartiers. Teapartiers are closer to neocons and these factions belong to Repubs.

So why is that the Tea Party doesn't threaten to run primary candidates against Democratic senators and congressmen percieved to be against their agenda?

nothing new, the TP has never been anything but the same (Iraqi war) Republicans who were ousted from power in 2008.

Blue dogs do not equal teapartiers. Teapartiers are closer to neocons and these factions belong to Repubs.

Just demonstrating how little you know and you didn't answer my question.

So why is that the Tea Party doesn't threaten to run primary candidates against Democratic senators and congressmen percieved to be against their agenda?

What makes you think they haven't in state and local races? You don't build organizations from the top, you have to start at the bottom. Has there been wide success, no, but that doesn't mean the effort isn't there.

There is no Tea Party until they run a fucking candidate under that party name. The "Tea Party" is a manufactured Republican noise machine that attracted the nutcases on the right who were ( are ) freaked out by the election of Barack Hussein Obama as President.

There is no Tea Party until they run a fucking candidate under that party name. The "Tea Party" is a manufactured Republican noise machine that attracted the nutcases on the right who were ( are ) freaked out by the election of Barack Hussein Obama as President.

Exactly.

Where after six years of republican deficit spending and growing the size of government, those things suddenly became ‘bad’ January 20, 2009.

At Noon.

proof it

if they would show leadership and grow a pair, repubs may lose more. The problem is how do you WIN, being on offense? Case in point the denver broncs vs the ravens: broncos played to defensively on offense and lost.

Four in 10 Tea Party members are either Democrats or Independents, according to a new national survey.
The findings provide one of the most detailed portraits to date of the grassroots movement that started last year.

Read more: Survey: Four in 10 Tea Party members are Democrats or independents - The Hill's Ballot Box

Forum List

Back