Is It Time For Israel To Give Up It's Nukes?

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Maybe I'm missing something but WHY does Israel have nukes again?

Am I naive in thinking that Iran wants nukes only because Israel is constantly threatening them and THEY have nukes?

Wouldn't it be WAY easier to convince Iran to abandon nuclear weapons if Israel abandoned thiers?

Just WHO does Israel think they can nuke without impunity anyway?

Your thoughts?

The most bizarre thing is that Iran signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) in 1968 and ratified it in 1970, making Iran's nuclear program subject to IAEA verification and has in the past allowed inspections.

Yet, Israel jumps up and down about Iran not following the Non-Proliferation Treaty to the letter.

When Israel won't even acknowledge they have nukes; let alone allow inspections of their nuclear sites that everyone knows they have.

huggy, that's retardedly naive.

you surprise me again.

OK. I admit I probably don't have all the facts. It seems that the rest of the world is equally in the dark as to Israels nuclear capabilities.

I have heard from countless sources over the years that it is assumed that Israel has nukes. They refuse to disclose the true nature of these weapons and do not allow inspections or any international supervision. So why is Israel exempt from what the rest of the nuclear family is expected to disclose?

Naive? In what way? Meaning Israel has no obligation to the rest of the world? So mind my own business? If that is thier position then why in the world do we support them?

you surprise me again.

OK. I admit I probably don't have all the facts. It seems that the rest of the world is equally in the dark as to Israels nuclear capabilities.

I have heard from countless sources over the years that it is assumed that Israel has nukes. They refuse to disclose the true nature of these weapons and do not allow inspections or any international supervision. So why is Israel exempt from what the rest of the nuclear family is expected to disclose?

Naive? In what way? Meaning Israel has no obligation to the rest of the world? So mind my own business? If that is thier position then why in the world do we support them?

my thoughts are:

israel has nukes.

and nothing will make them abandon their nukes.

and even if there was a public ceremony of getting rid off nukes, israel's opponents would not buy that.

i have no clue why the US is so linked to Israel.

i think that is to the detriment of both countries.

you surprise me again.

my thoughts are:

israel has nukes.

and nothing will make them abandon their nukes.

and even if there was a public ceremony of getting rid off nukes, israel's opponents would not buy that.

i have no clue why the US is so linked to Israel.

i think that is to the detriment of both countries.

The League of Nations that became NATO.

A wonderful liberal idea, fyi

Created that country out of Jordan. When the jews moved in, the Pals tried into Jordan, but the Arabs forced them back in. They tried to go to other countries. NO ONE wanted them. So the jews kept them and now they live happily ever after. Just the way the arabs knew the would.

The most bizarre thing is that Iran signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) in 1968 and ratified it in 1970, making Iran's nuclear program subject to IAEA verification and has in the past allowed inspections.

Yet, Israel jumps up and down about Iran not following the Non-Proliferation Treaty to the letter.

When Israel won't even acknowledge they have nukes; let alone allow inspections of their nuclear sites that everyone knows they have.

Links to proof plz.

Well whatcha gonna do if you had Muslims surrounding you on all sides of your country, that has a holy book that instructs you to kill Jews and Christians because they are Muslims enemy's?
They have a right to defend themselves.

Maybe I'm missing something but WHY does Israel have nukes again?

Am I naive in thinking that Iran wants nukes only because Israel is constantly threatening them and THEY have nukes?

Wouldn't it be WAY easier to convince Iran to abandon nuclear weapons if Israel abandoned thiers?

Just WHO does Israel think they can nuke without impunity anyway?

Your thoughts?

If you were the person in charge of the security of Isreal?

Would you give up those nukes?

And if you were the head Mullah of Iran?

Would you stop trying to have nukes?

I think in both cases if you are being honest with yourself the answer in both cases would be a resounding NO.

Or let me put it this way.

If you were in charge of the USA's arsenal, would you give up this nation's nukes?

I'm guessing not.

Well whatcha gonna do if you had Muslims surrounding you on all sides of your country, that has a holy book that instructs you to kill Jews and Christians because they are Muslims enemy's?
They have a right to defend themselves.

See??? .... That is what bothers me about the Israeli nuke issue. When confronted about the nukes they deny ....then when it becomes obvious they have them they claim "We are surrounded by enemies".

OK... they are surrounded by enemies. So what? That does not answer the question of ridding the mid east of nuclear weapons does it?

They claim that the Muslims all want to kill them but ya know what? I don't hear that. I don't hear the arab countries constantly saying they have to attack Israel.. I DO hear Israel and it's supporters CONSTANTLY drone on and threaten Iran and arab countries.

Israel CLAIMS they are threatened. From who? When no evidense comes to light other than some wack individuals in one country or another they fall back on the "trusty" "Well it's written in the Koran" or some such nonsense dribble.

I don't know how you folks would react to continuous threats from a neighbor but Me...I would arm myself to the teeth against such an obvious and credible threat.

The biggest driver to Iran's nuke program is Israel always talking about attacking them.

Back to my OP...why doesn't Israel come clean and admit the nukes and offer it's mid east neighbors to destroy IT"S Weapons of Mass Destruction as a tradeoff to get the others to not arm themselve with such terrible weapons?

Israeli Nukes, US Foreign Aid and the Symington Amendment.
The following document case file reveals the slow decline of the policy of "strategic ambiguity" whereby US and Israeli officials deny the existence of the Israeli nuclear weapons arsenal in order to continue unfettered US military aid.
The US passes the Symington Amendment of 1976. Symington Amendment prohibits most U.S. foreign aid to any country found trafficking in nuclear enrichment equipment or technology outside international safeguards. Israel has never signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT).
Israeli Nukes, US Foreign Aid, and the Symington Amendment

Well whatcha gonna do if you had Muslims surrounding you on all sides of your country......

I would consider packing up and moving to another location. :cool:

So every American Revolutionary and every American Indian that fought with the odds against them should have packed up and moved?

:lol:

With a world full of cowards, those willing to kill, will win everytime, as they will expand and expand.

Forum List

Back