Is it time for Article Five Convention of States?

As I've said before, about 80% of Americans favor such things as term limits for Congress and a balanced budget of some sort.

Do you believe in democracy or don't you? None of these two agendas will go anywhere without the Article V movement. It is either support the movement or watch democracy continue to get crushed.

Congress once cited corruption as the reason for limiting terms for the President. How are they any better? It is truly laughable.
Agreed. And 92% of Republicans favor background checks for all gun buyers. So why don't we have such "common sense" gun laws? Becauses when the laws are actually written, reality sets in.

As for Term Limits, I agree. However, most of those 80% of voters mostly want the other guys to be term limited, not their own.

FWIW, what term limits would you set? One term? Good luck getting anyone but the unemployed to give up their career for two years as a Rep or six years for a Senator. Two terms? Same thing, although more people may look at Senator. Both currently make about $174K/year, but giving up a lucrative career for just a couple years would mostly appeal to those who don't have lucrative careers such as the unemployed, those wearing paper hats and those living in trailer homes, ghetto tenements and the like.

IMHO, I'd set a limit of 5 terms for Reps and 2 terms for Senators.

So what do you have against the unemployed and those who can't find work?

Maybe we need more of those in Washington instead of ivory tower millionaires who don't have a clue or even care about those out of work?

I see no reason why those in the Senate should serve the same number of years now that they are elected directly by the public as those in the House are. The intent by the Founders was to have the House represent the people and the Senate to represent the states, however, Progs destroyed this by amending the Constitution so that the states no longer appoint those in the Senate.

In fact, why even have a Senate?

As for what should be proposed the sky is the limit with the added knowledge that 2/3 of the states must ratify it.

Looking at demographics, most of the country is conservative which is why most Dims are nervous about the movement, but that does not mean they cannot participate and put their 2 cents in.

So what do you have against the unemployed and those who can't find work?....
Nothing. I just wouldn't vote for them anyone who isn't smart enough to get or make a job for themselves. It's a matter of intelligence and gumption.

Because the Constitution says so. Why have a Bill of Rights? Why have a President? A House? Why have a Federal government at all?

So what do you have against the unemployed and those who can't find work?....
Nothing. I just wouldn't vote for them anyone who isn't smart enough to get or make a job for themselves. It's a matter of intelligence and gumption.

Because the Constitution says so. Why have a Bill of Rights? Why have a President? A House? Why have a Federal government at all?

You honestly want me to believe that folks like Pelosi or Waters are the least bit intelligent?

At least maybe they won't be elitist snobs.

Last edited:
Let's face it folks, our corrupt government and biased liberal media has finally managed to kick the proverbial can so far down the road it went over a cliff and rolled into hell.

When states, judges, and the majority of governmental agencies go rogue and break basically every law to over rule the president especially regarding issues people elected him to fix, it's definitely time to vote for Article five convention of states.

For those who don't know, this was a loophole if you will which was put in place by our founding fathers just for a time like this when some in government would become so overwhelmingly corrupt and powerful, that their leadership might for all intents and purposes change the three party system to a one party dictatorship which is what happened recently to Venezuela. Given the power the left has managed to achieve, partnered with states that refuse to abide by the laws of the land to the point of becoming sanctuary cities, it's easy to see if liberals get back into office, they'll ensure they're never ousted again.

Twelve states have already opted into Article five so we're one third of the way there! We need this to happen people because as you can see, this country is never going to get back on tract until it does. And YOU can help make this happen by contacting your congressmen and women to let them know you want your state to join the crusade.

Surely after witnessing the incessant barrage of in your face corruption that's happening which is every day aired by a completely biased left wing media, other conservative state legislators will opt to do the same. But if not and nothing is done, at the current rate thing's are going, the country will continue to decay until it's too late to do anything about it. What's really scary is that even though the GOP have taken all three branches of government this past election, the left still continues to run the country and have the last say which is power of the worst kind. Just think what will happen if they win back those branches!

Anyone unclear what this will mean and what's on the horizon for America, only needs to observe what's happening in Venezuela whose citizens have been calling America radio stations to warn people the U.S. is heading in the same direction. They had a booming economy just like this nation not that long ago but are now living in hell fighting among themselves daily just to survive.

So I'll bet you're wondering what Article 5 convention of states is, right? Well I'm glad you asked because I just happened to enclose a nice link which explains it in detail, please read and afterwards contact your congressmen and women.

Oh and incidentally Mark Levin who is an attorney, conservative radio host, staunch patriot, and a brilliant man in my opinion, brought this to my attention and now I'm passing it on in hopes of saving this once great nation that used to belong to "WE THE PEOPLE"!

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n..._Questions_Printable_3-12-2015.pdf?1426178728

I'm all for it, we cannot rely on the Fed govt to limit their power. It's not going to happen. Trump isn't going to do it, Paul Ryan is definitely not going to do it, and Mitch McConnell with fight limiting federal power with his dying breath. Trump was supposed to drain the swamp...and that swamp is looking muddier than ever.

Let's face it folks, our corrupt government and biased liberal media has finally managed to kick the proverbial can so far down the road it went over a cliff and rolled into hell.

When states, judges, and the majority of governmental agencies go rogue and break basically every law to over rule the president especially regarding issues people elected him to fix, it's definitely time to vote for Article five convention of states.

For those who don't know, this was a loophole if you will which was put in place by our founding fathers just for a time like this when some in government would become so overwhelmingly corrupt and powerful, that their leadership might for all intents and purposes change the three party system to a one party dictatorship which is what happened recently to Venezuela. Given the power the left has managed to achieve, partnered with states that refuse to abide by the laws of the land to the point of becoming sanctuary cities, it's easy to see if liberals get back into office, they'll ensure they're never ousted again.

Twelve states have already opted into Article five so we're one third of the way there! We need this to happen people because as you can see, this country is never going to get back on tract until it does. And YOU can help make this happen by contacting your congressmen and women to let them know you want your state to join the crusade.

Surely after witnessing the incessant barrage of in your face corruption that's happening which is every day aired by a completely biased left wing media, other conservative state legislators will opt to do the same. But if not and nothing is done, at the current rate thing's are going, the country will continue to decay until it's too late to do anything about it. What's really scary is that even though the GOP have taken all three branches of government this past election, the left still continues to run the country and have the last say which is power of the worst kind. Just think what will happen if they win back those branches!

Anyone unclear what this will mean and what's on the horizon for America, only needs to observe what's happening in Venezuela whose citizens have been calling America radio stations to warn people the U.S. is heading in the same direction. They had a booming economy just like this nation not that long ago but are now living in hell fighting among themselves daily just to survive.

So I'll bet you're wondering what Article 5 convention of states is, right? Well I'm glad you asked because I just happened to enclose a nice link which explains it in detail, please read and afterwards contact your congressmen and women.

Oh and incidentally Mark Levin who is an attorney, conservative radio host, staunch patriot, and a brilliant man in my opinion, brought this to my attention and now I'm passing it on in hopes of saving this once great nation that used to belong to "WE THE PEOPLE"!

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n..._Questions_Printable_3-12-2015.pdf?1426178728
What laws did anyone break, dupe? Most of Trump's problems have been with fellow GOP, and his promises were stupid ideas based on bs propaganda anyway...

9th and 10th amendment have pretty much been steamrolled over the past century. The 4th is pretty much out the window. And look at how much the Fed has clout over states, when it comes to withholding funds if state is not doing XY and Z

What laws did anyone break, dupe? Most of Trump's problems have been with fellow GOP, and his promises were stupid ideas based on bs propaganda anyway...

9th and 10th amendment have pretty much been steamrolled over the past century. The 4th is pretty much out the window. And look at how much the Fed has clout over states, when it comes to withholding funds if state is not doing XY and Z

The beautiful thing here is that most voters who are lemmings only show up for Presidential candidates to vote for the one man or woman who has become the head of the collectivist state that runs everything from how their children is educated to what doctor they see, etc. They think all of their hopes and dreams rest on that one individual. Unfortunately, that is what the Republic has come to. More than likely, though, they probably don't vote for anyone else, or if they do, have no idea who or what they are voting for.

IF conservatives then rise up and show up in mass to vote state representatives who favor the Article V movement, it should be no problem getting the job done, even in liberal states. The problem becomes finding representatives who support it that will run.

While I'd like to see it happen just to see what would happen, I doubt we ever will see anything come out of it for two reasons:

1) "Can Congress Block a Convention of States? No. As long as each states applies for a convention that deals with the same issue (i.e., limiting the power and jurisdiction of the federal government), Congress must call the convention. Congress can name the place and the time for the convention. If it fails to exercise this power reasonably, either the courts or the states themselves can override Congressional inaction." 34 states agreeing on a same issue amendment? Hardly.

2) "How are Proposed Amendments Ratified? Thirty-eight states must ratify any proposed amendments. Once states ratify, the amendments become part of the Constitution." Even if 34 states could agree on the same issue, having 38 ratify an amendment would be very unlikely to happen in this present age of a near 50/50 split between Americans.

Just_Saying , what issue do you think the 34 states should come together over which Congress is failing to do?

I understand that a balanced-budget amendment is often cited as a major concern the states wish to address.
That is a debatable point of view.

Example; while it's obvious families shouldn't spend beyond their means, how many can afford to buy a home and a car without a loan? Doesn't taking out a loan violate the principle of a balanced family budget?

No, a wise, balanced family budget would provide for the means to make monthly bill payments within means while still putting money into savings every paycheck. Housing and transportation are standing monthly expenses, and a balanced budget allows for you to pay them without overreaching your income.

The federal government, on the other hand, routinely spends far more than it takes in, and covers the overreach by borrowing even more.

Forum List

Back