Is it the small hands?

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
The Seattle Storm had 39 turnovers in a recent WNBA game.

But then again - the play wiith a smaller size ball.

More likely: women can't play hoops.

In these difficult economic times - I have other places to spend my money other than watching a team that commits 39 turnovers.............................

Women can play hoops much better than even 20 years ago. But they should have to play via their own merit. I'm tired of the NBA subsidizing the WNBA. I'm tired of Article X subsidizing women's sports. They need to stand on their own two feet or accept the differences between men and women or both. I ain't a hater either. I'm just a realist.

I don't think the WNBA champs could beat an average boys HS team.

It's not the number of steals but the impact of each individual steal. One of the more memorable steals I can think of is when Oklahoma City - a smaller and less glamorous market, stole the entire team from Seattle, leaving them with no basketball team despite the fact that their lesser little sibling to the South, Portland, continues to hang onto a team.

This seems to have left the entire city of Seattle interested in how their women's basketball team is doing. I don't suppose anyone in Oklahoma City is really thinking much about the WNBA right now, but then again not only do they have Seattle's team, but they made Seattle's team a much, much better team than Seattle could ever have managed.

This shows you what can be done with a supportive fan base.

The lesson from this is that more cities should be poaching pro teams from Seattle. Somebody should take the Storm from them. I can't see why a supportive market like Buffalo should have to worry about losing their team to LA. Take Seattle's football team away from them. They only gripe about the tax dollars they spent on the stadium and the game day traffic anyway.

Let a more deserving town, like Salt Lake City have a baseball team. Give them the Mariners. Let a more deserving state have U.W.

Seattle is far too cool and alternative to be interested in sports. I think it's best they just not have any professional team at all, since they can't manage to get their city to support one.

It's not the number of steals but the impact of each individual steal. One of the more memorable steals I can think of is when Oklahoma City - a smaller and less glamorous market, stole the entire team from Seattle, leaving them with no basketball team despite the fact that their lesser little sibling to the South, Portland, continues to hang onto a team.

This seems to have left the entire city of Seattle interested in how their women's basketball team is doing. I don't suppose anyone in Oklahoma City is really thinking much about the WNBA right now, but then again not only do they have Seattle's team, but they made Seattle's team a much, much better team than Seattle could ever have managed.

This shows you what can be done with a supportive fan base.

The lesson from this is that more cities should be poaching pro teams from Seattle. Somebody should take the Storm from them. I can't see why a supportive market like Buffalo should have to worry about losing their team to LA. Take Seattle's football team away from them. They only gripe about the tax dollars they spent on the stadium and the game day traffic anyway.

Let a more deserving town, like Salt Lake City have a baseball team. Give them the Mariners. Let a more deserving state have U.W.

Seattle is far too cool and alternative to be interested in sports. I think it's best they just not have any professional team at all, since they can't manage to get their city to support one.

Seattle still has the 2 major league sports that matter most - the NFL and MLB.

And they do support the Seahawks. Their stadium is one of the noisiest home fields in the NFL.

NBA back would be nice - but not the same as an original team.

Hockey has sort of growed on me ever since the Canucks fans riots.

Screw the Sounders and Storm.

Forum List

Back