Is it the 'National Day of Pray Our Way Only' now?

R

rdean

God doesn't answer the prayers of folks who don't approach him in the explicitly Christian way.

They're not tiptoeing around about this. The mission statement is clear:

The National Day of Prayer Task Force's mission is to communicate with every individual the need for personal repentance and prayer, mobilizing the Christian community to intercede for America and its leadership in the seven centers of power: Government, Military, Media, Business, Education, Church and Family.

And the No. 1 item on their list of visions and values is to "Foster unity within the Christian Church."

Is it the 'National Day of Pray Our Way Only' now? - Faith & Reason

DENVER (AP) — Evangelist Franklin Graham's invitation to speak at a Pentagon prayer service has been rescinded because his comments about Islam were inappropriate, the Army said Thursday.

"We're an all-inclusive military," Collins said. "We honor all faiths. ... Our message to our service and civilian work force is about the need for diversity and appreciation of all faiths."

Army pulls Billy Graham's son's Prayer Day invite - USATODAY.com

Evangelist Franklin Graham was whining this morning on Morning Joe. He was angry his "invitation" had been rescinded.

Listening to him on Morning Joe, I can certainly understand why. Not only did he go on and on about the loving inclusiveness of the Christian Religion, except of course, for the gays, but he said terrible things about Islam and he said he only wanted to spread the word of Jesus because you can only go to "heaven" through Jesus who died for our sins.

This is "respect" for others religion? "I'm sorry, but you are all going to hell for all eternity, but I say it with "love"."

I suspect, like other Republicans, including "you know who", they don't understand why referring to the Iraq War as a "Crusade" has made us enemies with Iraq.

Muslims will never be "saved". They don't want Jesus as a "deity". What is it with these right wingers and their religion? Are they racing the Muslims for the title of "Wackiest Right Wingers"?

Considering that "Jesus" came from the Middle East and is an "Islamic" prophet, Muslims probably know more about him than American Christians who would never bow down before a "Middle Easterner". They may kiss one on the lips, swap spit and hold hands, but bow? NEVER!

Forum List

Back