IS IT STRANGE TO HATE YOUR FATHER FOR KILLING YOUR DOG?

This is a bizarre thread. The OP reads like lunacy.

Yep. I am assuming that it is supposed to be death by Purina and all dad's fault he did not feed his dog steaks and green beans every day. I have a 17 year old dog that has eaten KFC and people food every chance she has gotten in 17 years.
Better off with KFC than Purina, by a long shot.

Purina is crap but so is KFC.

I hate driving by a KFC and smelling that rancid grease. Don't they ever change it?

Its not good enough for me and its not good enough for my animals.

I don't typically eat any kind of chicken. They are vile creatures, but my doggies love chicken and KFC. I can't smell KFC when I drive by it, so it must be something local to yours.

If there's one thing we can count on in this world is that all fat food places are the same. They have the same non-food and the same polices. Before I stopped eating meat, I never noticed it either. I never noticed the disgusting smell of blood when you first walk into a grocery store or how disgusting the stench of a grill really is. I can remember when the smell of a grill made me look forward to eating. Now, its just repulsive.

And, if you ever got to actually know chickens, you would find they are anything but vile. They're very smart, very clean and each has his/her own very distinct personality.

Yep. I am assuming that it is supposed to be death by Purina and all dad's fault he did not feed his dog steaks and green beans every day. I have a 17 year old dog that has eaten KFC and people food every chance she has gotten in 17 years.

Purina is crap but so is KFC.

I hate driving by a KFC and smelling that rancid grease. Don't they ever change it?

Its not good enough for me and its not good enough for my animals.

I don't typically eat any kind of chicken. They are vile creatures, but my doggies love chicken and KFC. I can't smell KFC when I drive by it, so it must be something local to yours.

If there's one thing we can count on in this world is that all fat food places are the same. They have the same non-food and the same polices. Before I stopped eating meat, I never noticed it either. I never noticed the disgusting smell of blood when you first walk into a grocery store or how disgusting the stench of a grill really is. I can remember when the smell of a grill made me look forward to eating. Now, its just repulsive.

And, if you ever got to actually know chickens, you would find they are anything but vile. They're very smart, very clean and each has his/her own very distinct personality.

I am sure chickens have their own personalities--most animals do in my experience--and I think KFC uses pressure cookers, not grills. While I agree that grills stink, if you are overwhelmed with the smell of blood when you go into a grocery, you must have sinus issues or something or shop at some really odd stores.

Ruh roh. I made sense out of it.

:lol:

From what I gather, the "killing" was accidental due to feeding the dog processed dog food, and it sounds like the asshole holds resentment for something that could not have been anticipated. Having said that, we feed our dog real food. Every two weeks we make a big pot of chicken stew with veggies and rice, freeze half, put half in the fridge for the week. We stopped buying commercial made slop about two years ago and our dog has never been healthier.

I've been blessedly owned by a number of beasties in my lifetime. My story is a long one and will not kill you with it. :) I only brought up my ridgeback when I didn't understand what the topic was about (Russian Prince today).

I knew the Hagens and I can attest that they have tried to their best ability to come up with an excellent dry. From what I have known ditto Old Roy.

But real is the deal if one can afford to do so. I threw two litters of most awesomeness catahoulas and I believe in a blend of live and dry. Gee that doesn't sound right.

:lol: Quality live food with back up of dry just in case the live runs out you have to have a back up.

My breeder days are done and I'm just bunked in with a black and tan girl Raven. I do combo. More live than dry whenever possible.

Catahoulas. Our state dog.

I have 2 male weimaraners..father and son.."Baron and "Duke".
I've owned 10 weims in my life.
Always feed/fed them quality dry kibble ...21% protein... with water mixed in, sometimes with canned dog food mixed in..
They always get leftover people food mixed with their dry food when we clean out the refrigerator every few of days.

What I DON'T particularly like is that the main ingredient in almost all multi protein dry foods is "corn".
"Corn" is never in any canine's natural diet.
It can cause/aggravate allergies sometimes. Luckily I've never dealt with that.
Allergies are a PITA I understand..and expen$ive.
Genetic diseases/cancers etc...happen, though, regardless of diet.

And even for a moment. A few years back when China pulled the melamine. I think Jimdandy's years were shortened. Used to give him a "treat" by giving him a coating of Pyewackets left over cat food.

Shit man. I still wonder to this day if that treat cost me my baby. For all I'd ever been thru.

I got seriously hard core after this.

All those recalls were a problem. I had some of the lot of Alpo that was recalled once after I had basically fed my dogs almost the entire case before the recall. I was sweating bullets over that for awhile. The reality is that if you buy wet dogfood and have a few dogs, cooking their food from scratch makes more sense economically too. At one point we had 7 dogs. Feeding them canned food twice a day was costing me a fortune. we are down to 3 now which is a little more tolerable.

canned food is, like, 70% water, too..not high in protein or nutrients, either.

And even for a moment. A few years back when China pulled the melamine. I think Jimdandy's years were shortened. Used to give him a "treat" by giving him a coating of Pyewackets left over cat food.

Shit man. I still wonder to this day if that treat cost me my baby. For all I'd ever been thru.

I got seriously hard core after this.

All those recalls were a problem. I had some of the lot of Alpo that was recalled once after I had basically fed my dogs almost the entire case before the recall. I was sweating bullets over that for awhile. The reality is that if you buy wet dogfood and have a few dogs, cooking their food from scratch makes more sense economically too. At one point we had 7 dogs. Feeding them canned food twice a day was costing me a fortune. we are down to 3 now which is a little more tolerable.

canned food is, like, 70% water, too..not high in protein or nutrients, either.

I never have fed them just canned or just dry. I read somewhere that despite its price, pedigree is the least nutritious of all dogfoods. In addition, there have been some premium dogfoods that have made dogs sick. I have heard plenty of stories about people switching to something like Blue Buffalo and their pets getting pretty ill. I just operate that pets are like humans--they like variety (and need it for a longer life). Most of my dogs have exceeded their breed life expectancies, so whatever I am doing, I see no reason to change it. My current pets will probably be my last pets for awhile though. Kind of hard to do things like travel when you have pets.

Forum List

Back