Is it safe to open mail from China?

Hell no. I wouldn't even touch it. Who knows how that virus is spread and despite what China claims they have a mess on their hands.

Use some nitrile gloves if you're worried about it. You can get a pack of them at Walmart for a couple bucks.

But then, the nitrile gloves came from China too. :04:

Open the envelope up. If you see something like this inside, run like hell...

a2779bf6-3835-45c2-9fa4-3804637a566d_750x422.jpg

But seriously, The CDC doesn’t know exactly how long this coronavirus can survive in the environment. Past coronaviruses have survived in the environment in a range between a few hours to several days.

You should stuff some posies in your pocket and wear a mask so Death can't recognize you.

Is it safe to open mail from China? Would you open it?

How long do coronaviruses persist?

The first section of the new paper focuses on how long coronaviruses can survive on inanimate surfaces, such as tables and door handles. The authors show that, depending on the material and the conditions, human coronaviruses can remain infectious from 2 hours to 9 days.

At temperatures of around 4°C or 39.2oF, certain versions of the coronavirus could remain viable for up to 28 days. At temperatures of 30–40°C (86–104°F), coronaviruses tended to persist for a shorter time.

At room temperature, a coronavirus responsible for the common cold (HCoV-229E) persisted significantly longer in 50% humidity than 30% humidity. Overall, the authors conclude:

“Human coronaviruses can remain infectious on inanimate surfaces at room temperature for up to 9 days. At a temperature of 30°C [86°F] or more, the duration of persistence is shorter. Veterinary coronaviruses have been shown to persist even longer for 28 d[ays].”​

Open the envelope up. If you see something like this inside, run like hell...

a2779bf6-3835-45c2-9fa4-3804637a566d_750x422.jpg

But seriously, The CDC doesn’t know exactly how long this coronavirus can survive in the environment. Past coronaviruses have survived in the environment in a range between a few hours to several days.
Several years ago scientists exhumed the remains of individuals that died as a result from the flu pandemic that ravaged the world in 1918 and found that the virus was still active; disturbing thought.

First, I would have to actually get something from the place.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. On the 13th of last month a CD that I ordered finally got to me and it just happened to be sent to me from somewhere in Japan. I ordered it on November 30th. A month and a half I had to wait for it and so instead of it being a Christmas gift, I turned it into a Valentine's Day gift.

Forum List

Back