Is It Safe to Express Your Opinions?

CulTiv8R

Rookie
Mar 22, 2010
Doesn’t matter what the opinion is, it just matters that its yours and not somebody else’s. Whether its about religion, or politics or science makes no difference.

Is our society currently mature enough to have a meaningful discussion concerning the most mundane of issues? I think not.

Anybody who strays away from the accepted norm towards objective individuality is quickly lambasted with ridicule; with others quickly joining in to prove there social worthiness through conformity.

When things operate in such a way, how are we ever going to solve any of our petty little problems?

Anybody who strays away from the accepted norm towards objective individuality is quickly lambasted with ridicule

RIDICULE???

GASP!!! :eek:

How can we ever survive the tyranny of RIDICULE??? The end is nigh!!!:lol:

Unfortunately the ridicule is a determining factor in the way people behave. For most it is like a whip they would do anything to avoid; so they do by becoming what they think people want them to be.

Dogs operate in a similar manner. If only we could be above that level.

Doesn’t matter what the opinion is, it just matters that its yours and not somebody else’s. Whether its about religion, or politics or science makes no difference.

Is our society currently mature enough to have a meaningful discussion concerning the most mundane of issues? I think not.

Anybody who strays away from the accepted norm towards objective individuality is quickly lambasted with ridicule; with others quickly joining in to prove there social worthiness through conformity.

When things operate in such a way, how are we ever going to solve any of our petty little problems?

I see what you are saying and I find that indvidualism itself is not in danger but the liberty revolving around your individual pursuits is. I've been around enough people on the left to know and experience this myself. The people on the left are not genuine liberals and conservatism has been watered down as progressive light which is just as bad. I consider myself a liberal in the classical sense which included the freedom to pusue your own economics as you see fit.

Last edited:

I see what you are saying and I find that indvidualism itself is not in danger but the liberty revolving around your individual pursuits is. I've been around enough people on the left to know and experience this myself. The people on the left are not genuine liberals and conservatism has been watered down as progressive light which is just as bad. I consider myself a liberal in the classical sense which included the freedom to pusue your own economics as you see fit.

shocked.jpg

What problems do you think I need to solve with you?

Unfortunately the ridicule is a determining factor in the way people behave. For most it is like a whip they would do anything to avoid; so they do by becoming what they think people want them to be.

Dogs operate in a similar manner. If only we could be above that level.

If you don't want to be ridiculed, then follow Sparkplugs advice and "Stop saying stupid s***, Spike."

YouTube - DRSMOOV's Channel

shocked.jpg
The kitty that shocked the post.

Q3JcX.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FAuJod1XmY]YouTube - Leave Britney Alone - TRANCE REMIX! - now on iTunes![/ame]

Is our society currently mature enough to have a meaningful discussion concerning the most mundane of issues?
mr-fitnah-albums-forum-pics-picture1414t-e5cyippee.gif

I think not.

You are not good @ this interweb thing.

If you truly believe this, then the status quo has already won your heart or arrested your soul.

You have my pity.

If you truly believe this, then the status quo has already won your heart or arrested your soul.

You have my pity.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc&feature=related]YouTube - LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE![/ame]

It takes a particularly thick skin to express opinions counter to the current zietgeist, without doubt.

Forum List

Back