Is it right to force kids to read the Anne Frank Diary?

When we were kids we were forced to read the Anne Frank Diary. It was a dreadful story of a dirt rich Jewish group supposedly hiding in the upper floors of a house in Amsterdam. Page after page we read about the Jewish group fighting each other, spitting, accusing, and abusing each other. Most of us fell asleep, and we wondered why we were forced to read this dreadful story of a Jewish filthy rich group who knew nothing else but abusing each other. It would have been better they had prayed their Kol Nidre, the Kaddish, or gone to a theatre, than all this fighting. The question reminds: Why are kids forced to go through the torture of reading such garbage and of a girl with deep drug problems due to the neglect of love and comprehension from her parents? Are there no laws in existence forbidding kids from being used as suckers to make the father a millionaire?

I like your variation of Newspeak.

If Saudi Arabian Schools can instruct students that Christians and Jews are "apes and pigs" and warns students not to "greet," "befriend" or "respect" non-believers, then Anne Frank's Diary could certainly be taught in schools to be a fact.

Unless you agree that the only the facts are being taught in Saudi schools.

In this case, I'll need to write a non-fiction 4th grade US text about how Muslims are "apes and pigs" and warns students not to "greet," "befriend" or "respect" non-Christians."

I really don't care what is taught in Saudi schools or any other country.

They can teach their kids anything they want.

It has NO effect on me.

I only care about what is taught here in American schools to our kids.

If Saudi Arabian Schools can instruct students that Christians and Jews are "apes and pigs" and warns students not to "greet," "befriend" or "respect" non-believers, then Anne Frank's Diary could certainly be taught in schools to be a fact.

In this case, I'll need to write a non-fiction 4th grade US text about how Muslims are "apes and pigs" and warns students not to "greet," "befriend" or "respect" non-Christians."

It has NO effect on me.

I only care about what is taught here in American schools to our kids.

Obviously you haven't been maimed or had anyone you cared for murdered by Suadi Educated Terrorists.

Yet.

It has NO effect on me.

Are you sure that they're training of bigots couldn't reflect badly on all of Islam and thus you in the minds of err some people?

Sunni, it appears there is some disagreement we probably won't settle about the legitimacy of the diary.

Tools like that and movies "sorta" based on history like JFK or the probably better Schindler's List get folk's attention and at least get them to read some about the topic on Wikipedia. It seems we can agree on that.

Now I'm not likely to believe a source called "Himmler's post mortem reputation fund" concerning the authenticity of the document. One by a source which denies the Holocaust occurred is almost equally suspect.

None the less, and its an odd thing to find on the web, do you have a link to some writing inconsistencies? Like copies of pages where there are obviously two different handwriting styles? I've never even seen the original so I wouldn't have a copy "proving consistency" and am not trying to call you out.

Sunni, he's getting at how what is taught in schools around the world is relevant to us. Like if I was taught the British couldn't build cars well it would hurt them economically because I'd never buy a Triumph or whatever they make anymore.

In 1980, Otto Frank sued two Germans, Ernst Romer and Edgar Geiss, for distributing literature denouncing the diary as a forgery. The trial produced a study by official German handwriting experts that determined everything in the diary was written by the same person. The person that wrote the diaries had used a ballpoint pen throughout. Unfortunately for Herr Frank, the ballpoint pen was not available until 1951 whereas Anne was known to have died of typhus in 1944.

Because of the lawsuit in a German court, the German state forensic bureau, the Bundes Kriminal Amt [BKA] forensically examined the manuscript, which at that point in time consisted of three hardbound notebooks and 324 loose pages bound in a fourth notebook, with special forensic equipment.

The results of tests, performed at the BKA laboratories, showed that “significant” portions of the work, especially the fourth volume, were written with a ballpoint pen. Since ballpoint pens were not available before 1951, the BKA concluded those sections must have been added subsequently.

In the end, BKA clearly determined that none of the diary handwriting matched known examples of Anne's handwriting. The German magazine, Der Spiegel, published an account of this report alleging that (a) some editing postdated 1951; (b) an earlier expert had held that all the writing in the journal was by the same hand; and thus (c) the entire diary was a postwar fake.

www.mathaba.net/0_index.shtml?x=614599

Last edited:
Just like the Ron Paul campaign, I judge folks by the company they choose to keep:

Entries in ballpoint pen - the official Anne Frank House website

It has been said that there are entries in the diary in ballpoint pen. Is that correct?
Question 4 on the authenticity of the diary of Anne Frank

No, that is not correct. All the diary entries are written in various types of ink and (coloured) pencil, not in ballpoint. The document analysis by the Netherlands Forensic Institute showed that the main part of the diary and the loose sheets were written in grey-blue fountain pen ink.

In addition, Anne also used thin red ink, green and red coloured pencils and black pencil for her annotations: not ballpoint. Nevertheless, the allegation can still regularly be seen on extreme right-wing websites and elsewhere that the diary of Anne Frank is written in ballpoint pen. Sneering remarks are made about "A. Frank the ballpoint girl", and it is pointed out that the ballpoint pen only came into common use in Europe after the Second World War. The conclusion forced by this allegation is that the texts in the diary could not have been written by Anne Frank herself...

So the German state forensic bureau, the Bundes Kriminal Amt [BKA] was wrong?

"The results of tests, performed at the BKA laboratories, showed that “significant” portions of the work, especially the fourth volume, were written with a ballpoint pen. Since ballpoint pens were not available before 1951, the BKA concluded those sections must have been added subsequently.

Are you implying that if kids in Saudi Arabia read the Anne Frank myth there would be no terrorism?

No, I'm implying that instead of ANY Anne Frank Diary, American 4th graders should be taught to Hate Saudi Arabians based on non-fictional accounts of Islamic Terrorism.

So the German state forensic bureau, the Bundes Kriminal Amt [BKA] was wrong?

"The results of tests, performed at the BKA laboratories, showed that “significant” portions of the work, especially the fourth volume, were written with a ballpoint pen. Since ballpoint pens were not available before 1951, the BKA concluded those sections must have been added subsequently.

You did read about the annotations? C'mon Sunni, the lie was exposed.

I don't have a problem with kids reading the Diary of Anne Frank any more than I have a problem with them reading Uncle Tom's Cabin. Both, even if not entirely biographical, convey the harsh reality of the product of racism embedded in a dominant culture. I fully expect a similar tale from a Palestinian take eventually. The real question, I think, is how those who demand the reading of Frank's diary will respond to a similar tale from israel. It's easy to act cavalier about this while being of the people who benefit from consideration derived thereof.

When we were kids we were forced to read the Anne Frank Diary. It was a dreadful story of a dirt rich Jewish group supposedly hiding in the upper floors of a house in Amsterdam. Page after page we read about the Jewish group fighting each other, spitting, accusing, and abusing each other. Most of us fell asleep, and we wondered why we were forced to read this dreadful story of a Jewish filthy rich group who knew nothing else but abusing each other. It would have been better they had prayed their Kol Nidre, the Kaddish, or gone to a theatre, than all this fighting. The question reminds: Why are kids forced to go through the torture of reading such garbage and of a girl with deep drug problems due to the neglect of love and comprehension from her parents? Are there no laws in existence forbidding kids from being used as suckers to make the father a millionaire?

If that's all you got out of it then you are right, it was a waste.

Are you implying that if kids in Saudi Arabia read the Anne Frank myth there would be no terrorism?

No, I'm implying that instead of ANY Anne Frank Diary, American 4th graders should be taught to Hate Saudi Arabians based on non-fictional accounts of Islamic Terrorism.

Hey, sounds good to me. Like whatever floats your boat. :eusa_angel:

It would very nicely float my boat.

It would save Islamist Extremists the trouble of teaching Americans to hate Muslims the hard way.

New Topics

Forum List

Back