Is It Really That Hard?

OldLady

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2015
Breaking News post by Weatherman (thanks W) on the SC decision to lift injunction on most of the President's travel ban. Odium and Grampa Murked start the same threads in Current Events within five minutes without even checking. It isn't like these were hours apart, guys. How hard would it be to eyeball page 1 of the Breaking News Forum, the Politics Forum and the Current Events Forum plus the Active Topics before starting a new thread on the same thing?

There are like 150 threads in the announcement and feedback forum about duplicate threads :dunno:

images

Please merge this thread with the other ones like it in the Announcement section.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Breaking News post by Weatherman (thanks W) on the SC decision to lift injunction on most of the President's travel ban. Odium and Grampa Murked start the same threads in Current Events within five minutes without even checking. It isn't like these were hours apart, guys. How hard would it be to eyeball page 1 of the Breaking News Forum, the Politics Forum and the Current Events Forum plus the Active Topics before starting a new thread on the same thing?

One can only conclude it's pure narcissism. "I wanna see MY name on the internets, because me me me".

Maybe the site should charge a fine for posting something that's obviously already running. Let them fund that server they're already taxing.

I don't even care.
If it pushes some thread off the page, it was way down there and we were done with that shit anyway.

I think some posters might wish to discuss certain breaking news items in a more 'relaxed' forum such as Current Events, rather than in Breaking News.

They may also want, or plan to, continue to debate the issue after it is no longer considered 'breaking' which is a consideration in 'Breaking News' I believe. They might also want to debate around the subject more.

There are always duplicate threads here and the mods do a good job on this considering they aren't here 24/7. I really don't see why it irritates some people so bigly :)

I think some posters might wish to discuss certain breaking news items in a more 'relaxed' forum such as Current Events, rather than in Breaking News.

They may also want, or plan to, continue to debate the issue after it is no longer considered 'breaking' which is a consideration in 'Breaking News' I believe. They might also want to debate around the subject more.

There are always duplicate threads here and the mods do a good job on this considering they aren't here 24/7. I really don't see why it irritates some people so bigly :)

Simply because it takes all the effort of moving one's eyeballs to the right side of the page to notice the story's already there, which is after all a high probability in something that just happened.

Personally I'm offended by intellectual sloth and by narcissism, either or both of which seem to be a causation here. I *never* start a thread without first doing a comprehensive search to see if somebody else did it already. That's just simple common courtesy.

The only thread I can think of that got merged with an older one was when I reported the Jeremy Christian stabbing -- the one it got merged with had a title that made no reference to the actual event at all and gave no clue as to what it was about.

Simply because it takes all the effort of moving one's eyeballs to the right side of the page to notice the story's already there, which is after all a high probability in something that just happened.

Personally I'm offended by intellectual sloth and by narcissism, either or both of which seem to be a causation here. I *never* start a thread without first doing a comprehensive search to see if somebody else did it already. That's just simple common courtesy.

The only thread I can think of that got merged with an older one was when I reported the Jeremy Christian stabbing -- the one it got merged with had a title that made no reference to the actual event at all and gave no clue as to what it was about.

Offended by intellectual sloth and narcissism!
Holy crap we ain't gonna get along!

Eh. I just can't work up any give a fucks about this subject. I just click on the thread of my choice and voila!

Offended by intellectual sloth and narcissism!
Holy crap we ain't gonna get along!

Eh. I just can't work up any give a fucks about this subject. I just click on the thread of my choice and voila!

Not at all --- I don't notice either of those traits in your posts. :thup:

Actually I like your 'tude. You don't take no shit. :)

One can only conclude it's pure narcissism. "I wanna see MY name on the internets, because me me me".

Maybe the site should charge a fine for posting something that's obviously already running. Let them fund that server they're already taxing.

I agree, ego likely plays a part in OP motivation, but imposing a fine is not the answer. How would they ever collect? The first time this "free" exchange of ideas wants my credit card, I'm gone.

I agree, ego likely plays a part in OP motivation, but imposing a fine is not the answer. How would they ever collect? The first time this "free" exchange of ideas wants my credit card, I'm gone.

Yeah, fair point. OK I'll revise that to execution. :death:

Hey, ya gotta have a deterrent or criminals will disregard the law. Clearly having it in the rules and showing it prominently in a sidebar is not working. The site needs to make it hurt.

How 'bout we build a wall around redundant threads, and make the redundant posters pay for that wall? :eusa_think:

Hey, ya gotta have a deterrent or criminals will disregard the law. Clearly having it in the rules and showing it prominently in a sidebar is not working. The site needs to make it hurt.

How 'bout we build a wall around redundant threads, and make the redundant posters pay for that wall? :eusa_think:

Ok, who gets to carry out the execution, maybe we show love for our fellow man and just torture them.

Ok, who gets to carry out the execution, maybe we show love for our fellow man and just torture them.

I like torture even better. :badgrin:

I'd make 'em read and respond to the entire post output of PoliticalChic, Protectionist and of course, myself.
:whip:

They'd learn to pay attention after that, I guar-on-tee.

Hello, when there is a breaking news in France especially I come to make a subject ... at the beginning I put it in the curent event but after research and more information it is often terrorist attack so I present it in the private Section.
And I reiterate that while I do some research in English to be more certain of what is going on.
The information posted to the forum is already first in the research. Which means that the robots took well the keywords of the forum.

Hello, when there is a breaking news in France especially I come to make a subject ... at the beginning I put it in the curent event but after research and more information it is often terrorist attack so I present it in the private Section.
And I reiterate that while I do some research in English to be more certain of what is going on.
The information posted to the forum is already first in the research. Which means that the robots took well the keywords of the forum.

Hello, I meant the search engines to the forum.

Forum List

Back