Is it really necessary to have a CONCERT during halftime of a Thanksgiving Game?

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
Why not just have football talk in the studio like it's a regular game? I am so done with all this goofy shit

That's entirely because the whole spectacle is about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I love how Tony 'Botched Snap' Romo is an expert on every aspect of the game now.
He sounds like he's been hanging out with Tony Robbins.
Tony Romo, a guy who is infamous for choking in the clutch (aka getting psyched out), tries to lecture the audience in regards to the psychological aspects of the game.

That's excellent entertainment folks.

That's entirely because the whole spectacle is about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That's exactly correct. The NFL wants to make their games a spectacle that even those who don't care for football will ignore.

This strategy really started almost 50 years ago with the introduction of Monday Night Football with Howard Cosell. Putting it on at 9 o'clock at night brought a lot more people viewing the NFL than had previously. Back then, most TV's could only 3 or 4 stations, it drew huge audiences and the NFL was well on its way to outshining college football and baseball.

I don't even watch football anymore. Some years I watch the super bowl maybe. Most years I don't, though. And even then I don't watch the half time shows, they're usually some kind of satanic ritual these days. lol.

Why not just have football talk in the studio like it's a regular game? I am so done with all this goofy shit
FB_IMG_1569771214814.jpg

Forum List

Back