Is it really immoral to withhold consent of the governed?

What if I told the government that I don't want to participate in this law and I just sit there and not participate in it. Now, of course, I would be violating the law but would violating that law be an immoral act if I still conduct my life in a moral way as my own conscience dictates and do not harm anyone else such as an act of theft or murder. Would my non-participation in the law be immoral if I am not harming anyone else.

Why should I be governed when my interaction with anyone else around me is not harmful in any way? What have I done to someone else?

For those not versed in Ihopespeak, allow me to interpret -

IHope is trying to talk about the conservative argument against health care that goes, it is unconstitutional for Congress to penalize citizens for doing nothing. Since the current health care legislation does just that - you will be fined if you do not have health care commencing in 2014 - the cons argue that such a law is unconstitutional.

Ihope suggests that, if she refuses to buy health insurance, but nonetheless lives her life in an otherwise moral way, where's the harm, so long as she is not harming anyone else.

Let's look at her first premise - the argument that it is unconstitutional to penalize citizens for doing nothing. If you think the Federal government can't do that, just try "doing nothing" next April 15th.

And her second argument - that people who don't get health insurance are not hurting others by simply not having health insurance. Wrong. Where do people without health insurance go when they get sick or are injured? Emergency rooms. Been to an emergency room lately? Enjoy the minimum, four-hour visit there no matter what your problem is? Also, if freeloaders could opt out of health insurance, they could wait until they were hurt in an accident or contracted a disease and then demand health insurance for their "preexisting condition" without having paid premiums previously, thereby driving up the costs of health care for everyone else.

That was one of my beefs but it can be about anything involving the law. Why do people deserve to be restrained by the law when their actions harm no one else?

Do you have health insurance?

No but how does me not having insurance endanger anyone else. How does it endganger any element of their freedom?

Because if you don't pay your medical bill, they are going to have to pay for your medical care anyways.
And go right head and protest the bill, the only one you are hurting is yourself.

They make the choice to pay for it when they do business with that doctor's office. They can easily do business at a doctor that does not do pro-bono work and even if the doctor decided to do free work then that is his choice. No one's free will was endangered no one forced you by law to do business with that doctor nor forced that doctor to do free work.

It does NOT require citizens standing idly by applauding while the Constitution is shredded before thier very eyes. While their Liberties are put in jepoardy.

YOU FAIL

What liberty would that be? The liberty to break the law?

Are you really this obtuse? You have eyes, but yet you cannot see what is going on around you. Enjoy the coming Marxist State, and a once proud Republic being relegated into obscurity along with the likes of the inaffectual EU. This is what those YOU vote for are doing. Seriously now? ARE you this stupid, or is this what you really want?

I think it's funny that they are going to have Washington government employees hiring IRS people to check to see who doesn't have health insurance and then have the IRS fine them for not buying insurance. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get those same IRS people to gather in all the government employees in Washington that don't pay their taxes too? Which would be the worst crime? Not having insurance or not paying your taxes? If you are a Democrat I suppose it would be the crime of not buying insurance that would be the most severe slap in the face of the "law".

You never see democrats make the argument that federal employees (Gaitner) that don't pay taxes drives up the tax bill of everyone else so the IRS should work harder to make them pay. Instead, they make the argument that a patient that does not pay drives up the cost for everyone else therefore we all have to sacrifice our freedom to remedy someone else not paying. What if we just sent the IRS to go after deadbeat patients who are supposely losing their home. Wouldn't that solve the problem without me losing my freedom?

It does NOT require citizens standing idly by applauding while the Constitution is shredded before thier very eyes. While their Liberties are put in jepoardy.

YOU FAIL

Yes. The law is just created by other people so I can't understand why there is such a holy reverence to it. Its not like the ten commandments that were chizzled out by Moses and handed God's holy law to the people. It was thought of by people who's sole ambition in life was to get a job to control how other people life and if you can't see how evil of a concept that is then their is something wrong with you.

"By the week Glenn Miller played, Songs that made the Hit Parade, Guys like us, we had it made . . . Those were the days . . . "

I would have to say that those were the days because people had more freedom. Government was barely visible and the people self-governed themselves the way they wanted. It might not have been the way other people wanted them to be governed but that is the nature of freedom. A person can do whatever they want as they decide for themselves.

YOU FAIL

Yes. The law is just created by other people so I can't understand why there is such a holy reverence to it. Its not like the ten commandments that were chizzled out by Moses and handed God's holy law to the people. It was thought of by people who's sole ambition in life was to get a job to control how other people life and if you can't see how evil of a concept that is then their is something wrong with you.
And nevermind that the Congress and POTUS have totally circumvented the basis of all LAW in this nation. The Statists here only love to cite LAW they created by beaking the supreme law of this land in the process. Namely the Constitution.

And then have the fortitude to lecture anyone. In my view? They have NO standing to tell anyone anything. It makes them all hypocrites to the nth degree.

Forum List

Back