Is it really immoral to withhold consent of the governed?

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
What if I told the government that I don't want to participate in this law and I just sit there and not participate in it. Now, of course, I would be violating the law but would violating that law be an immoral act if I still conduct my life in a moral way as my own conscience dictates and do not harm anyone else such as an act of theft or murder. Would my non-participation in the law be immoral if I am not harming anyone else.

Why should I be governed when my interaction with anyone else around me is not harmful in any way? What have I done to someone else?

What if I told the government that I don't want to participate in this law and I just sit there and not participate in it. Now, of course, I would be violating the law but would violating that law be an immoral act if I still conduct my life in a moral way as my own conscience dictates and do not harm anyone else such as an act of theft or murder. Would my non-participation in the law be immoral if I am not harming anyone else.

Why should I be governed when my interaction with anyone else around me is not harmful in any way? What have I done to someone else?

refused to keep them healthy and alive

Are you serious?

• Banned

Are you serious?

I am serious. Why does anyone deserve to be restrained when no one else around them complained about their actions? When a person goes to work and does no harm to no one else he does not need any restraint because society is chugging along fine. No rapes, murders, theft, or anything else like that.

Are you serious?

I am serious. Why does anyone deserve to be restrained when no one else around them complained about their actions? When a person goes to work and does no harm to no one else he does not need any restraint because society is chugging along fine. No rapes, murders, theft, or anything else like that.

Didn't you listen to Jesus? You are your brother's keeper.

Are you serious?

And how would you consider yourself restrained if you were doing nothing wrong nor were going to do anything wrong?
I think you need to contemplate some on that.

• Banned
Are you serious?

And how would you consider yourself restrained if you were doing nothing wrong nor were going to do anything wrong?
I think you need to contemplate some on that.

I was talking about restraint the government provides not self-restraint that your own free-will provides. If you do nothing to harm others then why do you need government restraint?

• Banned
Are you serious?

Didn't you listen to Jesus? You are your brother's keeper.

The freedom of religion means the freedom to practice your religion as you see fit. It also means you have the choice not to practice it at all but regardless you have the choice to participate in its beliefs like 'you are your brother's keeper'. In other words, that is a choice you make for yourself and no one else can make for you.

Do you have health insurance?

Put it to music and we have a protest song from the 60's.

No but how does me not having insurance endanger anyone else. How does it endganger any element of their freedom?

No but how does me not having insurance endanger anyone else. How does it endganger any element of their freedom?

Because if you don't pay your medical bill, they are going to have to pay for your medical care anyways.
And go right head and protest the bill, the only one you are hurting is yourself.

Cave Man

You don't "Participate" or "Not Participate" in a law. A law just is. If you violate the law and get caught, there are consequences.

I think it's funny that they are going to have Washington government employees hiring IRS people to check to see who doesn't have health insurance and then have the IRS fine them for not buying insurance. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get those same IRS people to gather in all the government employees in Washington that don't pay their taxes too? Which would be the worst crime? Not having insurance or not paying your taxes? If you are a Democrat I suppose it would be the crime of not buying insurance that would be the most severe slap in the face of the "law".

If I told the government that I don't want to participate in this law and I just sit there and not participate in it then I would be violating the law. I could be violating that law with an immoral act when I still conduct my life in a moral way as my own conscience dictates and do not harm anyone else such as an act of theft or murder. My non-participation in the law could be immoral if I am not harming anyone else.

:razz:

If I told the government that I don't want to participate in this law and I just sit there and not participate in it then I would be violating the law. I could be violating that law be with an immoral act when I still conduct my life in a moral way as my own conscience dictates and do not harm anyone else such as an act of theft or murder. My non-participation in the law could be immoral if I am not harming anyone else.

Oh, God . . . I LOVE it. You DO have it down!

If I told the government that I don't want to participate in this law and I just sit there and not participate in it then I would be violating the law. I could be violating that law be with an immoral act when I still conduct my life in a moral way as my own conscience dictates and do not harm anyone else such as an act of theft or murder. My non-participation in the law could be immoral if I am not harming anyone else.

Oh, God . . . I LOVE it. You DO have it down!

;)

You don't "Participate" or "Not Participate" in a law. A law just is. If you violate the law and get caught, there are consequences.

i see. SO? You're on board as to the Violation of the Commerce clause? Does Congress have the RIGHT to force commerce? Do they have they have the RIGHT to circumvent the 10th Amendment?

Forum List

Back