Is it racist to laugh on the inside when...

...you witness behavior consistent with a harmless, yet racial stereotype?

True story:

I was just getting some coffee in the kitchen and there was a black woman in there who works here (probably in her early 50's). She's a very nice lady, good at her job and quite friendly, so I have nothing bad to say about her. But as I was getting my coffee I thought I smelled fruit punch. I turned to look and sure enough, she was mixing up a single glass of kool-aid. I almost laughed out loud but managed to contain myself. But I definitely cracked up on the inside. Is that racist?

Didn't you get the memo? Everything is racist these days if you're white. Fortunately, I'm only half white so by definition I can't be racist. :lol:

BTW, emotionally stable people laugh at things that others might call racist. The people who can't laugh deserve our pity.

I think it's about context. If you're laughing in a 'mocking' way, then that would be offensive. If it just strikes you as funny to see an example of racial stereotyping, then no. However, there are people who hide racism behind 'humor' and that ain't funny.

because it isn't just blacks who drink koolaid or fruit punch.

hint:the above applies to fried chicken and watermelon. :thup:

And chitlins'-don't forget the chitlins'...or the pickled pig's feet!:eusa_drool:
P.S. Do you suppose that's what made one Yankee I met say that all us Southern folks were "Nothing but White N******s"? Damn cultural bigot!:lol:

I honestly never knew that drinking koolaid was supposed to be stereotypical of blacks.

The things you learn on the internets.
And if you ever really knew any black folks you would learn more

Forum List

Back