Is it racist to ask black teens to be quiet in a movie theater?

It would be nice to be able to see what the original filing was, how it was worded and why.
All I see is the court ruled against the people because he didn't use racist words. There must have been a reason why they thought they deserved to have it brought to court, or the what the first court based his/her opinion on.

But really, a lot of you people have got to belong to the KKK, skinheads or should be given applications. I'm all for people being quiet in a movie, so anyone who is out of order should be dealt with, but I have never had anyone in a movie give a speach about what is proper or not. I have seen it on the screen to please refrain from talking, making noise, and I have seen people being told to hold it down. But are we saying that white people don't have cell phones or they don't leave them on in a movie? So why was the crowd appladding with cheer.

Last edited:
It's about how you look at things, Hucklebee slams a young woman for her ethics for getting pregnet even though she is engaged, yet says nothing about a young woman having a child out of wedlock who is living in her mom's home who is a coworker of his, as she is out in the media claiming to be hollier than thou.

The movie theater where I live has actually closed down because it got so bad. Imagine the discomfort when two armed police officers are pacing the isles during the movies. The last time my wife and I saw a movie at our local theater, some teenagers as well as college students (yes they were African-American) were being really rowdy. Within minutes, the Po-Po was patroling inside the actual theater. It really makes the whole movie experience kind of crappy.

This all reminds me of "Scary Movie" when that black girl is hollaring during the movie...lol

Last edited:
The movie theater where I live has actually closed down because it got so bad. Imagine the discomfort when two armed police officers are pacing the isles during the movies. The last time my wife and I saw a movie at our local theater, some teenagers as well as college students (yes they were African-American) were being really rowdy. Within minutes, the Po-Po was patroling inside the actual theater. It really makes the whole movie experience kind of crappy.

This all reminds me of "Scary Movie" when that black girl is hollaring during the movie...lol

Kids will be kids no matte what their race is.

Oh I agree. It wouldn't have mattered what their race was. I was just being racially accurate with my story. The point was that you couldn't enjoy a movie because of the talking and horseplay. Asking them to be quiet is not racist.

Oh I agree. It wouldn't have mattered what their race was. I was just being racially accurate with my story. The point was that you couldn't enjoy a movie because of the talking and horseplay. Asking them to be quiet is not racist.

No asking them to be quite is not racist

Asking black people not to be loud, is like asking a cow not to moo.

"Sir would you please keep it down?" = OK.

"Hey you monkeys shut up!" = Racist.

Thataboutrite?

Yeah it's racist when the word 'Monkeys" came into the equation. I am black and don't look a damn thing like a monkey! My father and mother didn't look like monkeys. My grandparents or anyone else in my family have never looked liked monkeys. In fact, we looked like WHITE PEOPLE! So, which animal would you choose for White people to look like?

Last edited:

Thataboutrite?

Yeah it's racist when the word 'Monkeys" came into the equation. I am black and don't look a damn thing like a monkey! My father and mother didn't look like monkeys. My grandparents or anyone else in my family have never looked liked monkeys. In fact, we looked like WHITE PEOPLE! So, which animal would you choose for White people to look like?
It all depends on how they act. Some people are stupid does not matter what color their skin is.

Thataboutrite?

It all depends on how they act. Some people are stupid does not matter what color their skin is.

I agree. But the word Monkeys came into the conversation here. Why? What was the point?

I agree. But the word Monkeys came into the conversation here. Why? What was the point?

As for the post it was used as an example, and I don't think it was meant for anyone.

Casper,
I have no clue. Actually I like "hyenas" myself; since Hyenas are loud, uncouth, mean, and best of all, spotted, I figure that makes a good catch-all word for people acting like they belong in a zoo, without any racial overtones.

Because some people think blacks look and act like monkeys.

Asking black people not to be loud, is like asking a cow not to moo.

and asking assholes why their such douchebags is what I am doing to you and all those whiteys out there like you who believe, and I really do mean BELIEVE your better than most.

and Yes I am white and I am sure I am richer than you are so yes I can say what I like about idiots of my race like you.

it may or may not be racist to ask blacks to be quiet in a movie theatre but it is definitely dangerous to your wellbeing and your pocketbook

Forum List

Back