Is it racist to ask black teens to be quiet in a movie theater?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
It was to be the most expensive “shhhhhhhh” in history.

Delaware's Supreme Court, however, ruled that when a movie theater manager asked an audience to stay quiet during Tyler Perry’s “Why Did I Get Married,” the manager was not acting on a racial impulse, reported the Hollywood Reporter.

The ruling overturned a judgment that would have awarded 23 black theatergoers $1,500 for being told to be quiet in a way seen by some to be racially charged, according to the report.

Carmike 14 Theater was told to pay nearly $80,000 for insulting, humiliating and demeaning patrons in the "minority-themed" movie, reported Delaware Online.

Read more: Court Clears Delaware Cinema of Racial Bias in Telling Black Patrons to Stay Quiet - FoxNews.com

Wow.

Delaware's Supreme Court, however, ruled that when a movie theater manager asked an audience to stay quiet during Tyler Perry’s “Why Did I Get Married,” the manager was not acting on a racial impulse, reported the Hollywood Reporter.

The ruling overturned a judgment that would have awarded 23 black theatergoers $1,500 for being told to be quiet in a way seen by some to be racially charged, according to the report.

Carmike 14 Theater was told to pay nearly $80,000 for insulting, humiliating and demeaning patrons in the "minority-themed" movie, reported Delaware Online.

Read more: Court Clears Delaware Cinema of Racial Bias in Telling Black Patrons to Stay Quiet - FoxNews.com

Wow.

I wonder if it's racist to bust a cap in their dumb-asses????

Holy fuck! What the fuck!

Jesus Christ! I can't fucking believe that shit!

This is a perfect example of why this country's civil litigation system needs to be changed.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
I've been in countries where they allowed their kids to run wild. Somalia turned into mess because they never disciplined their kids.

Political Correctness and lawyers are two of the reasons this country is headed for the garbage pile of history.

If you haven't figured it out yet, let me give you the Cliff Notes:

1. Anyone who asks blacks/hispanics/muslims to do anything they don't want to is racist.

There is no #2.

Is it racist to ask white teens to be quiet in a movie theater? If the answer to that question is no then why are we having this discussion. Why should we feel contrite, or be subjected to legal action because we expect others to behave in a socially acceptable manner? Our countries core values (honor, integrity, morality) are being slowly eroded. That doesn't bode well for the future of this country. If our society allows this to continue we'll deserve what we get.

Is it racist to ask black teens to be quiet in a movie theater?

Folks who don't live in the South don't know just how loud blacks get in a group setting. Just go to a High School graduation and you'll see (and hear) what I mean. Some schools will even withhold a diploma for excessive cheering. I guess they're being racist.

Wow.

I snipe the teens with gum drops. It does not shut them up but it is fun.

If you want to watch a movie in peace, wait until the cd comes out and watch it at home. There, you can even tell the wife to stfu while you're trying to watch a movie. You might not get lucky for a long long time but you can see the movie in peace and quiet.

Wow.

Why does it matter what color the people were who disrupted everyones paid for movie viewing?

I dont get why it has to be about race.

If you want to watch a movie in peace, wait until the cd comes out and watch it at home. There, you can even tell the wife to stfu while you're trying to watch a movie. You might not get lucky for a long long time but you can see the movie in peace and quiet.

Maybe Stevie Wonder could watch a movie on a cd but I prefer Blue Ray or DVD

Last edited:

Yes that's it. Don't expect common courtesy at a movie theatre especially from blacks when they start behaving like *******.

New Topics

Forum List

Back