Is it president Obama or congress that will get the ax?

BOBO

The Magnificent!
Jun 24, 2011
Spokane area
According to the below polls...

RealClearPolitics - RealClearPolitics Poll Averages

...president Obama is holding his own among the constituency, which is no small miracle considering the state of the union. What is NOT holding their own among the constituency is the house of representatives. Do you see a major change in the house next election? If so & there is a change of seats on a large scale do you see those seats being replaced with more of the same GOP/DNC establishment politicians, or a shift to new faces like independents &/or 3rd party???

WH - yes, prolly Romney

Senate - yes, but close. Too many dems running in a bad year for dems

House - no, repubs maintain control

At this point, I'd bet that Obama stays in the Oval Office but the GOP takes the Senate and hold the House.

So basically a "C" none of the above option.

Don't ever underestimate money. Obama is a POWERFUL fundraiser, and chances are good that he's going to suck up almost all of the available money for Democratic candidates. Thanks to Citizens he has a fairly legal laundering scheme that allows him to spend massive amounts.

On the GOP side, Romney will probably go toe to toe with Obama on fundraising due to his own personal fortune, leaving money for the GOP candidates to spend. However, Romney has made some really unusual gaffes recently and had to run right, things that can hurt him in the General. Plus, it's looking like he'll have a fairly divided base and voter turnout in the early states isn't what the GOP would have hoped for.

Put it all together and I can see Obama winning his re-election but costing the Democrats in the Congress.

hopefully all of the above.

lets blow this up and start from scratch. couldnt be any worse than what we have now

At this point, I'd bet that Obama stays in the Oval Office but the GOP takes the Senate and hold the House.

So basically a "C" none of the above option.

Don't ever underestimate money. Obama is a POWERFUL fundraiser, and chances are good that he's going to suck up almost all of the available money for Democratic candidates. Thanks to Citizens he has a fairly legal laundering scheme that allows him to spend massive amounts.

On the GOP side, Romney will probably go toe to toe with Obama on fundraising due to his own personal fortune, leaving money for the GOP candidates to spend. However, Romney has made some really unusual gaffes recently and had to run right, things that can hurt him in the General. Plus, it's looking like he'll have a fairly divided base and voter turnout in the early states isn't what the GOP would have hoped for.

Put it all together and I can see Obama winning his re-election but costing the Democrats in the Congress.

Well maybe, but it's hard to see Obama winning with the record he's got and the economy the way it is. No amount of money can trump that, no matter how hard he goes after Romney. Who I think will fight back a lot harder than McCain did the last time around.

Forum List

Back