Is It Possible To Marginalize A Poster Here @ USMB?

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street

Bullies have tried and it's a non starter. There are too many decent and individualist types on usmb.

I've seen it too many times on every site I've been to. A small group dislikes one poster and group together and after two or three join others will inevitably follow the crowd. I think some people learn that's the way to act (hive-like attacks) when they arrive, and others just bring their pathology of outside life into the psych--cyber-sphere.

I've bullied what I decided were bullies, but not being a joiner of any group that would have me (beware, the poster bites), I've rarely if ever joined in group bullying in order to marginalize an unpopular poster. Doesn't make me a better person, just more of an individualist.

So my question to you all out there is this: Do you think USMB is unusual in this or have you seen it elsewhere? Or maybe you think I am off base here and that what I observe is just plain voodoo?

This board is tame compared to others. Other then Steve' inappropriate avatar.

The Board makes it difficult for A to marginalize B.

The system is marvelous in that it allows a poster to demean and marginaizlaize him or her self in response to others.

RKMBrown, Vigilante, PC, EconChick, Elektra, Ravi, Zoom-Boing, Stephanie, TASB, The Rabbi, Yurt, etc., seem to it every day here.

The system is marvelous in that it allows a poster to demean and marginaizlaize him or her self in response to others.

RKMBrown, Vigilante, PC, EconChick, Elektra, Ravi, Zoom-Boing, Stephanie, TASB, The Rabbi, Yurt, etc., seem to it every day here.
What the hell is marginaizlaize?

What the hell is marginaizlaize?

Unlikely combination of margarine and mayonnaise.

I don't recommend it. :puke:

Biggest bullies I see on most boards are the Mods. It's that will to power thing Nietzsche was all about.

Bullies have tried and it's a non starter. There are too many decent and individualist types on usmb.

I've seen it too many times on every site I've been to. A small group dislikes one poster and group together and after two or three join others will inevitably follow the crowd. I think some people learn that's the way to act (hive-like attacks) when they arrive, and others just bring their pathology of outside life into the psych--cyber-sphere.

I've bullied what I decided were bullies, but not being a joiner of any group that would have me (beware, the poster bites), I've rarely if ever joined in group bullying in order to marginalize an unpopular poster. Doesn't make me a better person, just more of an individualist.

So my question to you all out there is this: Do you think USMB is unusual in this or have you seen it elsewhere? Or maybe you think I am off base here and that what I observe is just plain voodoo?

It might be kinda unique here. I don't think it's possible for outsiders to marginalize a poster here; they marginalize themselves. But I have been on others where one could be ganged up on and banned. That had more to do with mod corruption and complicity than anything they posted on the board though.

Forum List

Back