Is it possible to have an objective conversation about race?

I on the other hand live in your (white) world on a daily basis. I know about you (whites) because I have to know about you in order to survive. I have to understand your warped philosophies, predictable tendencies, and multiple soul eradicating fears. I have to know what you are thinking to plan my next move. I have to understand the intricacies of your language in order to communicate with you. I have to do these things in addition to educating my children on the truth and maintaining our philosophies.
It took me a long time to understand when my husband would say that black people know white people but white people don't know black people. He said that from day one he has watched all of the TV shows and movies the white man made which told him about the way they think by what came out of their minds to make these shows and movies. They put themselves out there and showed everyone where they were coming from and what they valued.

And he's always said that he has to think two or three steps ahead and plan his every move in order not to be caught up in the negativity and the traps that have been laid for him. He was always working for white men and said they were constantly trying to "steal his mind" and his ideas and set him up to get him in trouble. Fortunately he's retired now and a bit more relaxed. But he still says I'm the only one he really trusts.
What a bunch of crap! Traps that have been laid? Are there monsters under his bed and in his closet?
It was things like someone stealing money or inventory and placing the blame on him, at which time he was supposed to get angry, say f---- it and hit somebody, for which they could fire him, or get angry and walk off.

I was things like making him work overtime, train new guys or clean the bosses house without pay, and expect him to just be happy he had a damn job - again, they wanted him to either quit or get physical so they could say, "I told you so."

Where did your husband work? Anyone who has worked for the government or a large organization during the past 40 years knows that "affirmative action" has placed a premium on hiring, promoting and retaining minorities, especially African-Americans. Every company has a personnel office devoted to this task, and African-Americans are nearly impossible to fire without generating a civil rights complaint. It appears that his problems stem more from mental health issues than racial discrimination.
There can’t be an objective discussion on race on these threads as long as our resident black racists are here. They are neither objective or capable of intelligent discussion.

True, but there are also resident white racists here. Just as incapable and greater in number. As long as all these idiots are around to fling shit there is little hope of reasoned discussion.

It took me a long time to understand when my husband would say that black people know white people but white people don't know black people. He said that from day one he has watched all of the TV shows and movies the white man made which told him about the way they think by what came out of their minds to make these shows and movies. They put themselves out there and showed everyone where they were coming from and what they valued.

And he's always said that he has to think two or three steps ahead and plan his every move in order not to be caught up in the negativity and the traps that have been laid for him. He was always working for white men and said they were constantly trying to "steal his mind" and his ideas and set him up to get him in trouble. Fortunately he's retired now and a bit more relaxed. But he still says I'm the only one he really trusts.
What a bunch of crap! Traps that have been laid? Are there monsters under his bed and in his closet?
It was things like someone stealing money or inventory and placing the blame on him, at which time he was supposed to get angry, say f---- it and hit somebody, for which they could fire him, or get angry and walk off.

I was things like making him work overtime, train new guys or clean the bosses house without pay, and expect him to just be happy he had a damn job - again, they wanted him to either quit or get physical so they could say, "I told you so."

Where did your husband work? Anyone who has worked for the government or a large organization during the past 40 years knows that "affirmative action" has placed a premium on hiring, promoting and retaining minorities, especially African-Americans. Every company has a personnel office devoted to this task, and African-Americans are nearly impossible to fire without generating a civil rights complaint. It appears that his problems stem more from mental health issues than racial discrimination.
There can’t be an objective discussion on race on these threads as long as our resident black racists are here. They are neither objective or capable of intelligent discussion.

True, but there are also resident white racists here. Just as incapable and greater in number. As long as all these idiots are around to fling shit there is little hope of reasoned discussion.
Agreed

I on the other hand live in your (white) world on a daily basis. I know about you (whites) because I have to know about you in order to survive. I have to understand your warped philosophies, predictable tendencies, and multiple soul eradicating fears. I have to know what you are thinking to plan my next move. I have to understand the intricacies of your language in order to communicate with you. I have to do these things in addition to educating my children on the truth and maintaining our philosophies.

He always worked for businesses, not in government. And after living with him for 38 years, I can tell you, his problems did not stem from mental health issues.Now that he's fully retired, he's much more relaxed. And it has always been difficult to prove racial discrimination because the white employer simply has to say something like, "he's always late, or he stole from me," and his word will be taken over an employee.

Forum List

Back