CDZ Is it possible for a white man to understand Africans or so called African Americans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreenHornet

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2017
I think the first mistake most whites(usually liberals) make is to believe Africans are just like others except for their Sun tan.

Now white folks who assume this have obviously never been around many Africans or they would know better. That is why so much of our governmental policies regarding race, diversity multi-culturalism, integration etc.etc. and so on and so forth are flawed ....because those with the power....those who make so many stupid policies concernng the above are ignorant of who and what they are dealing with.

Perhaps the following which I lifted from another forum might help them.

Morality and Abstract Thinking : How Africans may differ from Westerners – Gedaliah Braun

I had to room from a guy from Nigeria in college, I worked with an UNESCO black guy from Africa learning how to build houses..The town I live near has a population of black Africans of about two hundred and fifty..

I once had a black doctor from Africa. He blasted black americans. Called them whiny and entitled.

I think the first mistake most whites(usually liberals) make is to believe Africans are just like others except for their Sun tan.

Now white folks who assume this have obviously never been around many Africans or they would know better. That is why so much of our governmental policies regarding race, diversity multi-culturalism, integration etc.etc. and so on and so forth are flawed ....because those with the power....those who make so many stupid policies concernng the above are ignorant of who and what they are dealing with.

Morality and Abstract Thinking : How Africans may differ from Westerners – Gedaliah Braun
Africa is in the Western Hemisphere you know?

Your problem is; we understand all too well.

The solution to a better life is to do what the successful do.

If you claim that degrades your culture, you should be asking yourself why you follow a culture that requires that you be a loser.

If you claim that degrades your culture, you should be asking yourself why you follow a culture that requires that you be a loser.
Like the followers of losers of the American Civil War.

Using the dictionary definition of "understand" I would say its possible unless whites possess a gene that keeps them from learning. However, whites in general lack the discipline and or will to attempt to understand much they dont agree with or want around them.

I once had a black doctor from Africa. He blasted black americans. Called them whiny and entitled.
I know white women that say that about white men. Whats your point?
That black africans make fun of black americans, obviously.
White women make fun of white men all the time. What does that have to do with the OP?
Understanding.
I'm glad you understand that white women make fun of white men all the time. What I am asking is what did your initial post have to do with the OP?

White women make fun of white men all the time. What does that have to do with the OP?
Understanding.
I'm glad you understand that white women make fun of white men all the time. What I am asking is what did your initial post have to do with the OP?
Understanding, Africans and black Americans.

The answer to the thread question is NO.

The current unpleasantness between the (current) majority ethnicity and the minority ethnicity under consideration has nothing to do with skin color.

It boils down to this: There is a huge cultural difference. It is too wide to be bridged -- IMHO.

Don't forget: by the end of this century, the whole matter will be moot.

In the year 3000, some poster at USMB will be asking: Is it possible for Hispanic people to understand their African-American brothers?

P.S. I agree 100%: Africans and African-Americans are two distinct groups.

Understanding.
Understanding, Africans and black Americans.
Are you saying your understanding of Africans comes from Africans and Black americans making fun of each other?

P.S. I agree 100%: Africans and African-Americans are two distinct groups.

Thats not what we say. We know Africa is the mother land and Africans that come here learn pretty quickly just how racist whites are. I have a couple of buddies from Africa and their main message is that white people are crazy and Black Americans waste too much time complaining and waiting on them to not be racist.

Like the followers of losers of the American Civil War.
Are they still alive? F- for distraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back