Is it over?

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Did John McCain do well enough to win back some red states? Did Obama do well enough to solidify the swing states? Is it possible for an October surprise to change the election? I want to hear your thoughts.

Reagan was farther ahead at this time in 1980. But I believe that is when the term "October Surprise" was coined.

I really thought tonight was the only debate McCain did well on. This is Obamas ELection and I really think he will win no matter what.

"The shift in advertising resources suggests that the RNC has decided to focus on defending reliably Republican-voting states against Obama's onslaught of advertising. Flush with money, Obama is outspending the joint efforts of the Republican Party and the McCain campaign by more than 2-1."

Yes, it's over.

Without assuming who won or lost the debate, in my opinion, McCain clearly accomplished about all he could and probably did more to help his cause than Obama did to help his.

That being said, this election is over. I'm sure they're already minting the golden crown to fit Obama's head.

The question is .. now what?

Democrats will be in control of the entire government.

"The shift in advertising resources suggests that the RNC has decided to focus on defending reliably Republican-voting states against Obama's onslaught of advertising. Flush with money, Obama is outspending the joint efforts of the Republican Party and the McCain campaign by more than 2-1."

Yes, it's over.

I bet Obama is glad he reneged on that promise to accept public financing if McCain did.

Yes, it's over.

And where do you think all that money is coming from?

Two words

W__l _tree_

Without assuming who won or lost the debate, in my opinion, McCain clearly accomplished about all he could and probably did more to help his cause than Obama did to help his.

That being said, this election is over. I'm sure they're already minting the golden crown to fit Obama's head.

The question is .. now what?

Democrats will be in control of the entire government.

Well, the Republicans had it their way for almost the entire decade. So, now it's the Democrats' turn. The Democrats will be in charge of Congress for at least 4 years... if Obama does poorly the first half of his term, they'll lose some stregnth, but still maintain control.

The Republican party will throw moderate McCain under the bus and look at their neoconservative ways as their savior and will become even more right-wing. Palin vs. Obama in 2012. I think that's a mistake by the Republicans, though, because the country is evolving to be more left than right. So unless Obama bombs his first term, he'll win a second and maybe the Senate will return to the Republicans...

It'll be an interesting 4 years, I know that much.

Democrats will be in control of the entire government, you say?

Okay, let's assume they control the legislature and executive for at least the next 2 years.

They're taking over a government that is bankrupted, two land wars in Asia, and are doing so in the midst of what looks like a worldwide depression.

What do you think they going to do that fightens you?

What would the Rpoeublicans have done that would have pleased you?

Be specific.

Well, the Republicans had it their way for almost the entire decade. So, now it's the Democrats' turn. The Democrats will be in charge of Congress for at least 4 years... if Obama does poorly the first half of his term, they'll lose some stregnth, but still maintain control.

The Republican party will throw moderate McCain under the bus and look at their neoconservative ways as their savior and will become even more right-wing. Palin vs. Obama in 2012. I think that's a mistake by the Republicans, though, because the country is evolving to be more left than right. So unless Obama bombs his first term, he'll win a second and maybe the Senate will return to the Republicans...

I love when dumb shits claim Neo Cons are far right. They are Democrats from the left that did not believe in the far left policies of the party , they had some conservative beliefs and so changed parties. They are not far anything. They are democrats that the far left abandoned.

I don't disagree with you .. however, I'm not looking forward to another 4 years of one party having complete control of the government. I don't think ndemocrats are any better at it than republicans, but it certainly removes excuses for not getting things done.

If Obama creates Iraqistan in Afghanistan and Pakistan, he'll be toast after his first term and I'll be joining those trying to get rid of him.

Republicans are trapped by their own inability to adapt to an evolving society. There feet are planted hundreds of years in the past. Unless they figure out a way to adapt their ideology to something other than a white man's perspective of the world, they doom themselves to becoming the Whigs.

This is an interesting thread!

I admit I am becoming tired of the election. I do NOT think it is over, McCain has a lot of untapped support among people leaning Obama.

No matter who wins, we'll all wake up on Nov 5th with a mess, and months or years ahead of sluggishness.

I am not voting Obama on the economy, it's a mess and neither side will please everybody - I am voting for him on renewables, (environment is a big issue) and that he isn't as entrenched in the system and oil, and money and sme sort of personal family legacy, and those sorts of things. He brings a perspective that is more 'normal' than the bushies or the clintons or even the mccain's. I also like that he is calling people to do for their country, in the same way Kennedy did, and that he is interested in investing in the future (college loans, developing new technologies, etc).

"... a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany ... and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote for Obama" - Barack Obama Lebanon, New Hampshire.
January 7, 2008.

Obama is the chosen one by God Himself!

This is an interesting thread!

I admit I am becoming tired of the election. I do NOT think it is over, McCain has a lot of untapped support among people leaning Obama.

No matter who wins, we'll all wake up on Nov 5th with a mess, and months or years ahead of sluggishness.

I am not voting Obama on the economy, it's a mess and neither side will please everybody - I am voting for him on renewables, (environment is a big issue) and that he isn't as entrenched in the system and oil, and money and sme sort of personal family legacy, and those sorts of things. He brings a perspective that is more 'normal' than the bushies or the clintons or even the mccain's. I also like that he is calling people to do for their country, in the same way Kennedy did, and that he is interested in investing in the future (college loans, developing new technologies, etc).

I'm not voting for either but I'm hoping Obama wins. If he doesn't there will be mass insanity immediately after the election and 4 more years of whining from the liberals. I can't take 4 more years of that and I can't see a nickle's worth of difference between the two as to how they will affect America.
Let's get it over with.

I love when dumb shits claim Neo Cons are far right. They are Democrats from the left that did not believe in the far left policies of the party , they had some conservative beliefs and so changed parties. They are not far anything. They are democrats that the far left abandoned.
Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz and Pearle are ex Democrats? :eusa_clap:

You out did yourself this time!!!!:badgrin:

Forum List

Back