Is it okay to say we lost in Iraq because GWB was the president?

It is okay to say that we would be better off if Bush had never abandoned the war on terror to attack Iraq

We would be better off is we did not waste $1 trillion in fighting an unnecessary war

We would be better off if Bush listened to his generals instead of Paul Wolfowitz and put sufficient troops on the ground once he decided to attack

It's not our call when we leave, unless you are advocating that we become occupiers. Iraq is a sovereign nation.

"We?"

Whose "We?"

Do you have a fucking mouse in your pocket?

The United States. I'm mildly shocked you couldn't figure that out.

Sorry, it appeared as if you were trying to include yourself with our brave men and women who are serving this nation.

Carry on with your stupidity.

My bad

We did not lose the legal and unfortunately necessary war in Iraq. The "war" was over in 3 months or so. And it was brilliant.

It was the peace that was lost. We can point out the mistakes made now because we can look back and see them. Hindsight is so easy. For instance we should not have shut down the Iraqi military, but should have used them as a security force. Mark that one down to lessons learned......

But yes it is time we moved on. I can only hope that Iraq doesn't turn into another puppet of Iran.

Which reminds me Afghanistan says that if the USA were to go to war with Pakistan that they would side with Pakistan? Time to burn their poppy fields and leave that place too.....

You wrote" GWB was the president and it was his war"

HOW in the world would you feel as a terrorist in Iraq if you heard the following:

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D) "War is lost",
U.S. Rep. John Murtha(D) "Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,”
Senator Kerry "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."
Senator Obama said "troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"

If I were a terrorist? Ecstatic ! Encouraged! Recruit more Terrorist by showing how even the leaders of the USA are supporting terrorism!

If I were a soldier? Pissed! Disgusted. Betrayed!

Reality is the MSM/Democrats WANTED more troops killed, more Iraqis killed all for political gain.. at the expense of US troops lives!
So tell me how more difficult is victory if you have traitors calling your troops terrorists, murderers killing civilians on purpose!

Democrats (and republicans) authorized the president to use combat troops in Iraq to enforce about a hundred UN sanctions and then democrats either sat back and pretended to be bystanders or purposely undermined the Military effort. The NY Times had a full page ($10,000 a pop) ad calling the US commander "betray-us". Does anyone think republicans paid for the ad? The senate majority leader tried to influence the morale of the Troops and the American public when he said "the war is lost" just as the Troop Surge was underway. Democrats snickered as crazy Sheehan anti-war demonstratios disrupted Military funerals or camped outside Bush's home at Crawford Texas and displayed filthy insulting signs while they pissed in the road. Where are they today?

It is okay to say that we would be better off if Bush had never abandoned the war on terror to attack Iraq

We would be better off is we did not waste $1 trillion in fighting an unnecessary war

We would be better off if Bush listened to his generals instead of Paul Wolfowitz and put sufficient troops on the ground once he decided to attack

Right winger would we be better off if we did not spend this much on entitlement programs each year? every year?
The defense of this country is a constitutional mandate, not sure the rest of it is
By the way this is from 07, we took in $869.6 billion - Social Security and other payroll taxes (34.7%)
There is your deficit, there is your unfunded liability, not the defense of this country
586.1 billion (+7.0%) - Social Security
$394.5 billion (+12.4%) - Medicare
$294.0 billion (+2.0%) - Unemployment and welfare
$276.4 billion (+2.9%) - Medicaid and other health related

Democrats (and republicans) authorized the president to use combat troops in Iraq to enforce about a hundred UN sanctions and then democrats either sat back and pretended to be bystanders or purposely undermined the Military effort. The NY Times had a full page ($10,000 a pop) ad calling the US commander "betray-us". Does anyone think republicans paid for the ad? The senate majority leader tried to influence the morale of the Troops and the American public when he said "the war is lost" just as the Troop Surge was underway. Democrats snickered as crazy Sheehan anti-war demonstratios disrupted Military funerals or camped outside Bush's home at Crawford Texas and displayed filthy insulting signs while they pissed in the road. Where are they today?

Most Democrats voted against authorizing military force in Iraq. It was Bush "The Decider" who made the blunder to attack

Amazing how you keep justifying us going in to enforce UN sanctions but when the UN urged us not to attack we ignored them.

Right winger would we be better off if we did not spend this much on entitlement programs each year? every year?
The defense of this country is a constitutional mandate, not sure the rest of it is
By the way this is from 07, we took in $869.6 billion - Social Security and other payroll taxes (34.7%)
There is your deficit, there is your unfunded liability, not the defense of this country
586.1 billion (+7.0%) - Social Security
$394.5 billion (+12.4%) - Medicare
$294.0 billion (+2.0%) - Unemployment and welfare
$276.4 billion (+2.9%) - Medicaid and other health related

Not sure I get your point...

Are you trying to say that spending $1 trillion in a blunderous decision to attack Iraq is better than spending money to help our own people?

I cannot tell you how good t makes me feel to see there are some who see this war for what it really was
we had no choice after 9-11
And the victory is deathly/insanely trying to be squashed, I cannot believe the left wing media has gotten this far off of track as well as this country

Despite the mistakes, despite pulling out. We clearly won in Iraq. Its now up to the people of Iraq to decide if they want to continue on the path to freedom or resort to being savages. We cant babysit forever.

Your response is welcomed. I still am having a hard time with the term mistake as it relates to how we got there from 9-11
No-one has done any DD on this, if they did I am sure they would not feel the way many do. There is just about no truth in what the press has reported

What is DD?

due diligence

Your response is welcomed. I still am having a hard time with the term mistake as it relates to how we got there from 9-11
No-one has done any DD on this, if they did I am sure they would not feel the way many do. There is just about no truth in what the press has reported

What is DD?

due diligence

He all ways calls me stupid, I thought that in a place I should just leave it there, let him go found out for his self

..., the invasion of Iraq was unwarranted and illegal, it is consequently a failure, regardless its outcome.
This is nothing but unsupportable, bigoted drivel.

It was warranted as Saddam had been given 12 years to provide proof that he had done away with the following
UN information

UNMOVIC, however, has information that conflicts with this account. There are indications that Iraq had worked on the problem of purity and stabilization, and that more had been achieved than has been declared. Indeed, even one of the documents provided by Iraq indicates that the purity of the agent, at least in laboratory production, was higher than declared.

There are also indications that the agent was weaponized. In addition, there are questions to be answered concerning the fate of the VX precursor chemicals, which Iraq states were lost due to bombing in the Gulf War or were unilaterally destroyed by Iraq.

Chemical bombs were being dropped after the Gulf War!
The document indicates that 13,000 chemical bombs were dropped by the Iraqi Air Force between 1983 and 1998, while Iraq has declared that 19,500 bombs were consumed during this period. Thus, there is a discrepancy of 6,500 bombs. The amount of chemical agent in these bombs would be in the order of about 1,000 tons. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, we must assume that these quantities are now unaccounted for.

Rocket delivery systems for WMD were being worked on after the Gulf war – even very recently.
The discovery of a number of 122 mm chemical rocked warheads in a bunker at the storage depot 170 kilometers southwest of Baghdad was much-publicized. This was a relatively new bunker, and therefore the rockets must have been moved here in the past two years, at a time when Iraq should not have had such munitions. Investigation of these rockets is still proceeding. Iraq states that they were overlooked from 1991 from a batch of some 2,000 that were stored there during the Gulf War. This could be the case. They could also be the tip of a submerged iceberg. The discovery of a few rockets does not resolve, but rather points to the issue of several thousand of chemical rockets that are unaccounted for.

What about Bio- WMDs?
I turn to biological weapons. I mentioned the issue of anthrax to the council on previous occasion, and I come back to it, as it is an important one. Iraq has declared that it produced about 8,500 liters of this biological warfare agent, which, it states, it unilaterally destroyed in the summer of 1991. Iraq has provided little evidence for this production and no convincing evidence for its destruction.

There are strong indications that Iraq produced more anthrax than it declared and that at least some of this was retained after the declared destruction date. It might still exist.

Was Iraq falsifying WMD documents?
Iraq did not declare a significant quantity, some 650 kilos, of bacterial growth media, which was acknowledged, as reported, in Iraq's submissions to the Amorim panel in February of 1999. As a part of its 7 December 2002, declaration, Iraq resubmitted the Amorim panel document, but the table showing this particular import of media was not included. The absence of this table would appear to be deliberate, as the pages of the resubmitted document were renumbered….This is not evidence. I note that the quantity of the media involved would suffice to produce, for example, about 5,000 liters of concentrated anthrax.
The Politics of WAR

As far as being legal
Senate approves Iraq war resolution - CNN

Failure?

We are leaving
Saddam is gone
There is a republic in place

Now you may not like this, but you people are going to have to learn to live with this

Has nothing to do with GWB. Our entire foreign policy has been a failure all 26 years of my lifetime, irregardless of which scumbag party has one of their puppets in the oval office.

Sorry, it appeared as if you were trying to include yourself with our brave men and women who are serving this nation.

Carry on with your stupidity.

My bad

Sucking military dick isn't something you should brag about, poser.

Pardon me, asswipe, but you served when/where ?

Army:

Basic at Ft. Dix, AIT at Ft. Gordon, GA (military police training) remainder of time in Pirmasens, Germany in a Nike missile battalion, as an S-2 clerk.

No, I'm not going to prove it, so enjoy calling me a liar.

..., the invasion of Iraq was unwarranted and illegal, it is consequently a failure, regardless its outcome.

It was warranted as Saddam had been given 12 years to provide proof that he had done away with the following
UN information

UNMOVIC, however, has information that conflicts with this account. There are indications that Iraq had worked on the problem of purity and stabilization, and that more had been achieved than has been declared. Indeed, even one of the documents provided by Iraq indicates that the purity of the agent, at least in laboratory production, was higher than declared.

There are also indications that the agent was weaponized. In addition, there are questions to be answered concerning the fate of the VX precursor chemicals, which Iraq states were lost due to bombing in the Gulf War or were unilaterally destroyed by Iraq.

The document indicates that 13,000 chemical bombs were dropped by the Iraqi Air Force between 1983 and 1998, while Iraq has declared that 19,500 bombs were consumed during this period. Thus, there is a discrepancy of 6,500 bombs. The amount of chemical agent in these bombs would be in the order of about 1,000 tons. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, we must assume that these quantities are now unaccounted for.

Rocket delivery systems for WMD were being worked on after the Gulf war – even very recently.
The discovery of a number of 122 mm chemical rocked warheads in a bunker at the storage depot 170 kilometers southwest of Baghdad was much-publicized. This was a relatively new bunker, and therefore the rockets must have been moved here in the past two years, at a time when Iraq should not have had such munitions. Investigation of these rockets is still proceeding. Iraq states that they were overlooked from 1991 from a batch of some 2,000 that were stored there during the Gulf War. This could be the case. They could also be the tip of a submerged iceberg. The discovery of a few rockets does not resolve, but rather points to the issue of several thousand of chemical rockets that are unaccounted for.

What about Bio- WMDs?
I turn to biological weapons. I mentioned the issue of anthrax to the council on previous occasion, and I come back to it, as it is an important one. Iraq has declared that it produced about 8,500 liters of this biological warfare agent, which, it states, it unilaterally destroyed in the summer of 1991. Iraq has provided little evidence for this production and no convincing evidence for its destruction.

There are strong indications that Iraq produced more anthrax than it declared and that at least some of this was retained after the declared destruction date. It might still exist.

Iraq did not declare a significant quantity, some 650 kilos, of bacterial growth media, which was acknowledged, as reported, in Iraq's submissions to the Amorim panel in February of 1999. As a part of its 7 December 2002, declaration, Iraq resubmitted the Amorim panel document, but the table showing this particular import of media was not included. The absence of this table would appear to be deliberate, as the pages of the resubmitted document were renumbered….This is not evidence. I note that the quantity of the media involved would suffice to produce, for example, about 5,000 liters of concentrated anthrax.
The Politics of WAR

As far as being legal

Failure?

We are leaving
Saddam is gone

Now you may not like this, but you people are going to have to learn to live with this

Good lord, he's spamming again with shit that was debunked in five different threads a month ago.

UN information

What about Bio- WMDs?

The Politics of WAR

As far as being legal

Failure?

We are leaving
Saddam is gone

Good lord, he's spamming again with shit that was debunked in five different threads a month ago.

Your accusations of spamming is a lie
if you can debunk what is right in front of your face
GO FOR IT
if not
go away
you dont like the truth, live with it

By the way, I got notified you were accusing me of spamming, I have U on ignore
Now put up, or shut up
IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE TRUTH HERE, DE BUNK IT
AGAIN
SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT
ITS STARING YOU RIGHT IN THE FACE