Is it okay to say we lost in Iraq because GWB was the president?

He said this in December of 2008.

Bush Admits No Al-Qaeda in Pre-Occupation Iraq - Hal_M - Open Salon

That site has a link to the interview.

I have not tried to deny it
In the defense of this country I would suspect there have been many lies told

So he lied to a reporter about Al-Qaeda not being in Iraq, when he "knew" they were, all out of defense for the United States?

Okie dokie :cuckoo:

Drock you are so far off of the reservation I dont know where to start. You trying to make something out of nothing 7 days a week 24 hours a day
I ask you again, if you where trying to blow up, never mind, your just being a dick-head

You know what amazes me the most?
you have failed for weeks on these threads about Iraq, and know you have gotten so desperate this is where you have gone to, and you call me cuckoo

Drock every-time I let you back in, you go stupid

why is that?

would you let some-one know you want to bomb into 1000 pieces you know where is?

Let me get this straight.....

The most sacred trust a President has in the commitment of our troops to a military conflict where young men and women will give their lives to support and defend the constitution.

And you are claiming that it's okay to lie about that in the interest of "defense of this country".

Aside from the peculiar notion that such an act aides in the defense of our country, you are okay with Bush lying about Iraq?

What the hell is the matter with you?

So he lied to a reporter about Al-Qaeda not being in Iraq, when he "knew" they were, all out of defense for the United States?

Drock you are so far off of the reservation I dont know where to start. You trying to make something out of nothing 7 days a week 24 hours a day
I ask you again, if you where trying to blow up, never mind, your just being a dick-head

you have failed for weeks on these threads about Iraq, and know you have gotten so desperate this is where you have gone to, and you call me cuckoo

why is that?

Here's JRK again, the man who throws a fit everytime someone calls him a name or calls a fellow party line voting republican a name but since he's the biggest hypocrite on the board he feels it's perfectly fine if he stoops to name-calling as often as he wants to.

I asked you why you were accusing your hero Bush of lying, and you gave me a ludicrous response. Why is it a-ok to you that Bush lies about Iraq? Why aren't you creating threads about Bush lying about whether or not Al-Qaeda is in Iraq?

Hypocrite.

The most sacred trust a President has in the commitment of our troops to a military conflict where young men and women will give their lives to support and defend the constitution.

And you are claiming that it's okay to lie about that in the interest of "defense of this country".

Aside from the peculiar notion that such an act aides in the defense of our country, you are okay with Bush lying about Iraq?

Is that what I said
what the hell is a matter with you?

why is that?

Here's JRK again, the man who throws a fit everytime someone calls him a name or calls a fellow party line voting republican a name but since he's the biggest hypocrite on the board he feels it's perfectly fine if he stoops to name-calling as often as he wants to.

I asked you why you were accusing your hero Bush of lying, and you gave me a ludicrous response. Why is it a-ok to you that Bush lies about Iraq? Why aren't you creating threads about Bush lying about whether or not Al-Qaeda is in Iraq?

Hypocrite.

Drock I am not throwing a fit, I hate stupid Drock
here, I got you at stupid again drock
GWB statements did not state there was no ties, find and post it bud if the word NONE was used

President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney insisted on Thursday that Saddam Hussein's deposed regime had a long history of ties to al Qaeda despite a report by the commission investigating the Sept. 11 attacks that found no "collaborative relationship" between Iraq and the terrorist network.

Bush, responding to a reporter's question about the report after a White House Cabinet meeting, said: "The reason I keep insisting that there was a relationship between Iraq and Saddam and al Qaeda" is "because there was a relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda."

He said: "This administration never said that the 9/11 attacks were orchestrated between Saddam and al Qaeda. We did say there were numerous contacts between Saddam Hussein and al Qaeda. For example, Iraqi intelligence officers met with Osama bin Laden, the head of al Qaeda, in the Sudan. There's numerous contacts between the two."

heney added: "The press wants to run out and say there's a fundamental split here now between what the president said and what the commission said."

He said the media had confused the question of whether there was evidence of Iraqi participation in Sept. 11 with the issue of whether a relationship existed between al Qaeda and Hussein's regime.

Speaking of the commission, he said, "They did not address the broader question of a relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda in other areas, in other ways."

Saying "the evidence is overwhelming," Cheney described the ties and cited numerous links back to the 1990s, including contacts between bin Laden and Iraqi intelligence officials.

Bush insists on Iraq-al Qaeda link - SFGate

9/11 Hijackers Passed Through Iran - TIME
I have not read your link, you know why?
i
The staff's sweeping conclusion is found in its Statement No. 15 ("Overview of the Enemy"), which states:
Bin Laden also explored possible cooperation with Iraq during his time in Sudan, despite his opposition to Hussein's secular regime. Bin Laden had in fact at one time sponsored anti-Saddam Islamists in Iraqi Kurdistan. The Sudanese, to protect their own ties with Iraq, reportedly persuaded Bin Laden to cease this support and arranged for contacts between Iraq and al Qaeda. A senior Iraqi intelligence officer reportedly made three visits to Sudan, finally meeting Bin Laden in 1994. Bin Laden is said to have requested space to establish training camps, as well as assistance in procuring weapons, but Iraq apparently never responded. There have been reports that contacts between Iraq and al Qaeda also occurred after Bin Laden returned to Afghanistan, but they do not appear to have resulted in a collaborative relationship. Two senior Bin Laden associates have adamantly denied that any ties existed between al Qaeda and Iraq. We have no credible evidence that Iraq and al Qaeda cooperated on attacks against the United States.
Just taken on its own terms, this paragraph is both internally inconsistent and ambiguously worded. First, it cannot be true both that the Sudanese arranged contacts between Iraq and bin Laden and that no "ties existed between al Qaeda and Iraq." If the first proposition is so, then the "[t]wo senior Bin Laden associates" who are the sources of the second are either lying or misinformed.

Andrew C. McCarthy on 9/11 Commission & Iraq & al Qaeda on National Review Online

when you get tired of getting your ass handed to you, let me know Drock

why is that?

Hypocrite.

GWB statements did not state there was no ties, find and post it bud if the word NONE was used

President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney insisted on Thursday that Saddam Hussein's deposed regime had a long history of ties to al Qaeda despite a report by the commission investigating the Sept. 11 attacks that found no "collaborative relationship" between Iraq and the terrorist network.

Bush, responding to a reporter's question about the report after a White House Cabinet meeting, said: "The reason I keep insisting that there was a relationship between Iraq and Saddam and al Qaeda" is "because there was a relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda."

He said: "This administration never said that the 9/11 attacks were orchestrated between Saddam and al Qaeda. We did say there were numerous contacts between Saddam Hussein and al Qaeda. For example, Iraqi intelligence officers met with Osama bin Laden, the head of al Qaeda, in the Sudan. There's numerous contacts between the two."

heney added: "The press wants to run out and say there's a fundamental split here now between what the president said and what the commission said."

He said the media had confused the question of whether there was evidence of Iraqi participation in Sept. 11 with the issue of whether a relationship existed between al Qaeda and Hussein's regime.

Speaking of the commission, he said, "They did not address the broader question of a relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda in other areas, in other ways."

Saying "the evidence is overwhelming," Cheney described the ties and cited numerous links back to the 1990s, including contacts between bin Laden and Iraqi intelligence officials.

i
The staff's sweeping conclusion is found in its Statement No. 15 ("Overview of the Enemy"), which states:
Bin Laden also explored possible cooperation with Iraq during his time in Sudan, despite his opposition to Hussein's secular regime. Bin Laden had in fact at one time sponsored anti-Saddam Islamists in Iraqi Kurdistan. The Sudanese, to protect their own ties with Iraq, reportedly persuaded Bin Laden to cease this support and arranged for contacts between Iraq and al Qaeda. A senior Iraqi intelligence officer reportedly made three visits to Sudan, finally meeting Bin Laden in 1994. Bin Laden is said to have requested space to establish training camps, as well as assistance in procuring weapons, but Iraq apparently never responded. There have been reports that contacts between Iraq and al Qaeda also occurred after Bin Laden returned to Afghanistan, but they do not appear to have resulted in a collaborative relationship. Two senior Bin Laden associates have adamantly denied that any ties existed between al Qaeda and Iraq. We have no credible evidence that Iraq and al Qaeda cooperated on attacks against the United States.
Just taken on its own terms, this paragraph is both internally inconsistent and ambiguously worded. First, it cannot be true both that the Sudanese arranged contacts between Iraq and bin Laden and that no "ties existed between al Qaeda and Iraq." If the first proposition is so, then the "[t]wo senior Bin Laden associates" who are the sources of the second are either lying or misinformed.

Andrew C. McCarthy on 9/11 Commission & Iraq & al Qaeda on National Review Online

Lol you can't really be THIS stupid.

The interview in which he stated there was no Al Qaeda threat prior to 2003 in Iraq was from 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You providing quotes from an interview in 2004 are meaningless.

I already provided the link for the 2008 Bush interview, obviously you didn't take the 5 minutes to watch it. Once you have, you can respond, heck you can even throw in your typical childish rhetoric and tantrum throwing just please at least watch video before you respond.

Then you can try to piece together a better excuse for why you think Bush is lying. Or maybe you can admit Bush is telling the truth, and accept the fact that there was no Al-Qaeda threat to the U.S. prior to 2003.

Last edited:

Hypocrite.

i

The interview in which he stated there was no Al Qaeda threat prior to 2003 in Iraq was from 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You providing quotes from an interview in 2004 are meaningless.

I already provided the link for the 2008 Bush interview, obviously you didn't take the 5 minutes to watch it. Once you have, you can respond, heck you can even throw in your typical childish rhetoric and tantrum throwing just please at least watch video before you respond.

Then you can try to piece together a better excuse for why you think Bush is lying. Or maybe you can admit Bush is telling the truth, and accept the fact that there was no Al-Qaeda threat to the U.S. prior to 2003.

Drock, you got a point to make
copy it
paste it
this is why I do that every time, it stares you in the face and you and there it is. If you have as snippet taken out of context on U tube, that would the 1000th one that I will not watch, and to be honest cannot with the server I use
it will not allow me too

Is that what I said

People like you are what is the matter with me.

It's not wonder we got into a fucking mess in Iraq with knuckleheads like you pulling the levers on voting machines.

i

Drock, you got a point to make
copy it
paste it
this is why I do that every time, it stares you in the face and you and there it is. If you have as snippet taken out of context on U tube, that would the 1000th one that I will not watch, and to be honest cannot with the server I use
it will not allow me too

BUSH: One of the major theaters against al Qaeda turns out to have been Iraq. This is where al Qaeda said they were going to take their stand. This is where al Qaeda was hoping to take–

RADDATZ: But not until after the U.S. invaded.

BUSH: Yeah, that’s right. So what?

Is that what I said

It's not wonder we got into a fucking mess in Iraq with knuckleheads like you pulling the levers on voting machines.

you can take that avatar you have and shove it where the son does not shine
and as far as who I voted for?
thats none of your business. but I can tell you this, he did one hell of allot better job that Obama has
back on ignore, you avatar represents an angry 12 year old, please grow up

Is that what I said

thats none of your business. but I can tell you this, he did one hell of allot better job that Obama has

If you can't take the heat, pull your head out of the oven.

You supported a stupid fucking war that was prefaced on lies and got a lot of people killed and you have the nerve to bitch about Lenny Bruce flying the bird? You don't know what obscene is.

So run away, little man.

We'll all still remember that you are okay with the president spinning lies to lead us into a war.

Last edited:
Is it okay to say we lost in Iraq because GWB was the president?
Something like that.......​

"As we salute the final American soldiers leaving Iraq, we also remember the enormous costs paid not only by our soldiers and our nation but also denizens of the region, millions of whom were turned into refugees and injured, hundreds of thousands of whom were killed, and countless who were tortured or otherwise abused. But it behooves us to recall the underhanded manner in which President Bush and Vice President Cheney manipulated a quiescent press corps into making it appear as if an American invasion of a nation that had no intention of harming us was warranted."

LIES BU$HCO Told Us!!

hatetogether.jpg

If you can't take the heat, pull your head out of the oven.

You supported a stupid fucking war that was prefaced on lies and got a lot of people killed and you have the nerve to bitch about Lenny Bruce flying the bird? You don't know what obscene is.

So run away, little man.

We'll all still remember that you are okay with the president spinning lies to lead us into a war.

I agree that it was the wrong war. But, it wasn't because of lies, it was because of bad information that the US had to rely on from foreign sources. The previous administration had splintered our intel.

why is that?

Hypocrite.

Was that the FLIP.....or, the FLOP?

301.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejph4LBdmmc]WMD LIES - Bush Cheney Rumsfeld etc. - THE ULTIMATE CLIP - YouTube[/ame]​

Cheney added: "The press wants to run out and say there's a fundamental split here now between what the president said and what the commission said."

.....At least, that's what....

Last edited:
You people who claim we lost the war in Iraq as we leave there and they are doing fine with a republic in place better think twice or at best look who is standing around you when you claim we lost that war just because GWB was the president and it was his war

I am not kidding. I know some gung ho marines who do not feel that way and I am clueless as to why any of you would feel that way

ARE U NUTS?

I know as a conservative you won’t understand the following, but for the edification of others:

The ends never justify the means, the invasion of Iraq was unwarranted and illegal, it is consequently a failure, regardless its outcome.

Absolutely correct. It was never a war. It was always an illegal invasion and the cost was way too high for what we supposedly gained from it.

George W. Bush should have been brought up on charges as well as his cronies.

Yes, I understand that he wanted to get Saddam Hussein as a trophy for daddy but if you want to see how that should have been done, you don't have to go any further than what we did in Libya. And, it will always be Bush's shame that President Obama led the assault that got bin Laden.

Deny it all you want but the facts are plain - President Obama did the job and he got it done without the loss of even on American life.

I don't know that I'd blame Bush for the "fact" (if it is one) that we "lost" the war in Iraq (if we did).

I do know, however, that Bush is to blame for the fact (and it is one) that we FOUGHT the war in Iraq -- which we should never have done.

Forum List

Back