Is it okay to say we lost in Iraq because GWB was the president?

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
You people who claim we lost the war in Iraq as we leave there and they are doing fine with a republic in place better think twice or at best look who is standing around you when you claim we lost that war just because GWB was the president and it was his war

I am not kidding. I know some gung ho marines who do not feel that way and I am clueless as to why any of you would feel that way

ARE U NUTS?

Despite the mistakes, despite pulling out. We clearly won in Iraq. Its now up to the people of Iraq to decide if they want to continue on the path to freedom or resort to being savages. We cant babysit forever.

Your response is welcomed. I still am having a hard time with the term mistake as it relates to how we got there from 9-11
No-one has done any DD on this, if they did I am sure they would not feel the way many do. There is just about no truth in what the press has reported

I think you men are obsessed with who won and who lost that stupid war in Iraq!!! I don't see how that can be defined. We should never have gone there, stayed way too long, and now we are leaving. Thank God!!! Be happy about it and quit the preoccupation of who won. It doesn't matter. And by the time it's decided, if ever, we'll all probably be dead!!!

I think you men are obsessed with who won and who lost that stupid war in Iraq!!! I don't see how that can be defined. We should never have gone there, stayed way too long, and now we are leaving. Thank God!!! Be happy about it and quit the preoccupation of who won. It doesn't matter. And by the time it's decided, if ever, we'll all probably be dead!!!

Obsessed? I simply responded. That does not equate to obsession. I merely tried to reflect on what has happened. Those of you who choose to forget or pretend you got different facts are doomed to repeat it again.

Obsessed? I simply responded. That does not equate to obsession. I merely tried to reflect on what has happened. Those of you who choose to forget or pretend you got different facts are doomed to repeat it again.

Generally when people talk about it, it's usually men!!! My brother and his friends do it all the time and they are still analyzing Viet Nam!!! :confused: What for??? They all served there, I get it, but they need to let go already. Viet Nam and Iraq were wars we never should have been in. I don't see the sense of rehashing them. Sorry if you were offended. Not my intention.

You people who claim we lost the war in Iraq as we leave there and they are doing fine with a republic in place better think twice or at best look who is standing around you when you claim we lost that war just because GWB was the president and it was his war

I am not kidding. I know some gung ho marines who do not feel that way and I am clueless as to why any of you would feel that way

ARE U NUTS?

I know as a conservative you won’t understand the following, but for the edification of others:

The ends never justify the means, the invasion of Iraq was unwarranted and illegal, it is consequently a failure, regardless its outcome.

ARE U NUTS?

I know as a conservative you won’t understand the following, but for the edification of others:

The ends never justify the means, the invasion of Iraq was unwarranted and illegal, it is consequently a failure, regardless its outcome.

If it was illegal why is no one in jail or up on war crime charges?

Mam That was a mess Saddam created, not us. Where would we be today if that mess would have been left alone?
Besides after the first few weeks we were fighting Al Qaeda for the most part

ARE U NUTS?

The attacks on Libya were Illegal. That is not political, it is true

The attack on Iraq was not, this is why for both
Senate approves Iraq war resolution - CNN

Despite the mistakes, despite pulling out. We clearly won in Iraq. Its now up to the people of Iraq to decide if they want to continue on the path to freedom or resort to being savages. We cant babysit forever.

Unsurprisingly, I tend to leave it to those who actually have a better grasp on the situation to make the judgment as to when we should get out. I'm thrilled that we're pulling out... as long as the place doesn't to go hell in a handbasket and become a breeding ground for yet more terrorists. If we had done this right the first time, instead of doing what the UN told us to do, we wouldn't be in this situation.

Unsurprisingly, I tend to leave it to those who actually have a better grasp on the situation to make the judgment as to when we should get out. I'm thrilled that we're pulling out... as long as the place doesn't to go hell in a handbasket and become a breeding ground for yet more terrorists. If we had done this right the first time, instead of doing what the UN told us to do, we wouldn't be in this situation.

You R all over the place some-times
But I agree with you here. This was 12 years past due in 2003

Your response is welcomed. I still am having a hard time with the term mistake as it relates to how we got there from 9-11
No-one has done any DD on this, if they did I am sure they would not feel the way many do. There is just about no truth in what the press has reported

What is DD?

Another day, another JRK Iraq war thread. Someone get this guy his straight jacket, already.

All over the place? Not really. I just tend to think for myself instead of getting my opinions from any media. You follow your leader... I march to my own drum.

All over the place? Not really. I just tend to think for myself instead of getting my opinions from any media. You follow your leader... I march to my own drum.

Never do I follow the leader
I am very simple, my values are simple,
I mean no dis respect, but I am a conservative libertarian. In the world I live in, complicated is to messy and to time consuming

It is strange you would think I do not think for my-self, your skills in assessing people are off 180 degrees here. That's ok

It's not our call when we leave, unless you are advocating that we become occupiers. Iraq is a sovereign nation.

It's not our call when we leave, unless you are advocating that we become occupiers. Iraq is a sovereign nation.

"We?"

Whose "We?"

Do you have a fucking mouse in your pocket?

ARE U NUTS?

He said unwarranted and illegal. I would say legal (owing to the difficulty of proving illegality) but unwarranted.

"We?"

Whose "We?"

Do you have a fucking mouse in your pocket?

The United States. I'm mildly shocked you couldn't figure that out.

Forum List

Back