Is it ok for Google to contribute to any politican?

/——-/ Yes. They have the same rights.
I suggest that you read the below post
They can support whatever candidate they want but when they limit access to conservative ideas through shadow banning or outright cancelling accounts, then they need to be regulated. Their product has too much power and influence so we must be extra careful to not let what happened to the FBI and DOJ to happen to social media. Those Google jokers talk about not being evil but their bias and manipulation of social media is as evil and destructive as anything in this country today.
/—-/ As a Conservative, I believe in equal access for all, not just for those who agree with me. And that makes me different from the Liberals.
But when leftist control the vehicle for the internet there is no equal access.
/----/ That's on them, not us. Just because the Leftards are intolerant of opposing views, doesn't mean we should be the same way.
Playing fair with leftist will only see your voice restricted and your rights gone. You aren't going to win any points with these people
/----/ Letting them have their say, is not trying to win points. Besides, the world needs to be reminded of how deranged and intolerant the libtards are.

Yes or no.
I would in the interest of public safety. They go dirty we get dirtier hit them hard and often
Under the current laws, corporations cannot directly contribute to a candidate however individuals in the corporation can contribute to the candidate they like.

It is a free speech issue that allows individuals to make a choice. Whether one contributes to a candidate or not, doesn’t mean they are not without bias.
But would you want me a Trump supporter controlling a search engine on the internet?
/----/ "But would you want me a Trump supporter controlling a search engine on the internet?"
If we did, then we wouldn't censor them, in fact, there are conservative websites that allow opposing viewpoints. That doesn't mean profanity and threats of bodily harm are allowed. Sadly, those are the main debate tactics of the Left.

Even if the people who work for Google control the content you view on the internet?
They can support whatever candidate they want but when they limit access to conservative ideas through shadow banning or outright cancelling accounts, then they need to be regulated. Their product has too much power and influence so we must be extra careful to not let what happened to the FBI and DOJ to happen to social media. Those Google jokers talk about not being evil but their bias and manipulation of social media is as evil and destructive as anything in this country today.
/—-/ As a Conservative, I believe in equal access for all, not just for those who agree with me. And that makes me different from the Liberals.
/----/ That's on them, not us. Just because the Leftards are intolerant of opposing views, doesn't mean we should be the same way.
Because Trump drafted an executive order to censor the internet, it would appear that he is intolerant of opposing views.

And a democrat has tried to censor something?

Because Trump drafted an executive order to censor the internet, it would appear that he is intolerant of opposing views.

/----/ You're confused, little Buddy. Trumps EO would remove censorship from the intolerant websites that block Conservative points of view. But we understand your confusion.

Who the hell needs to censor anything when ya got Google, Fakebook and Twitter in your back pocket...or better yet when they have Democrats in their back pocket.

Who the hell needs to censor anything when ya got Google, Fakebook and Twitter in your back pocket...or better yet when they have Democrats in their back pocket.
conservative outlets thrive on platforms like Facebook: Fox News — a presidential favorite — has 17 million followers on its Facebook page, and consistently enjoys higher engagement than CNN. Fox News got 80% more reactions, comments, and shares than CNN, which has almost double the amount of followers at 31 million. The engagement rate on Fox's posts is higher than every other major news organization on the platform, hitting five-times higher the level of engagement of the New York Times' posts over the past three years.

Appears like social media favors conservatives already.
But thats not enough. They want to squash any criticism.

conservative outlets thrive on platforms like Facebook: Fox News — a presidential favorite — has 17 million followers on its Facebook page, and consistently enjoys higher engagement than CNN. Fox News got 80% more reactions, comments, and shares than CNN, which has almost double the amount of followers at 31 million. The engagement rate on Fox's posts is higher than every other major news organization on the platform, hitting five-times higher the level of engagement of the New York Times' posts over the past three years.

Prime example of leftist manipulation of the internet.^^^^^^^^^°

They can't donate to the GOP. That would be just plain wrong.

That must be true....

upload_2019-8-12_7-59-7.png

Yes or no.

Under the current laws, corporations cannot directly contribute to a candidate however individuals in the corporation can contribute to the candidate they like.

It is a free speech issue that allows individuals to make a choice. Whether one contributes to a candidate or not, doesn’t mean they are not without bias.
But would you want me a Trump supporter controlling a search engine on the internet?

It is a private organization, how do you control what bias it takes? Whether they contribute to a campaign or not, they will have a bias, just like everyone else.

As far as the Trump supporter stuff, I'd have the same opinion whether it was a Democrat or Republican.

Yes or no.

It is a private organization, how do you control what bias it takes? Whether they contribute to a campaign or not, they will have a bias, just like everyone else.

As far as the Trump supporter stuff, I'd have the same opinion whether it was a Democrat or Republican.
Two post back was an example I was talking about

Yes or no.

It is free speech, freedom of expression, do you want the government controlling what and how people express themselves? We got rid of the fairness doctrine for the same reason, do we want the fairness doctrine back?

Why do Trump and his followers' hate our First Amendment?

The extremes hate the other side so much they are willing to abolish our rights.

The extreme left wants to monitor hate speech, the right wants to monitor who controls the web. It is all dangerous territory.

/----/ Just wondering who has more users/viewers FB or Fox. Ummm let's see here:
Facebook users worldwide 2019 | Statista
www.statista.com/statistics/264810
As of the second quarter of 2018, Facebook had 2.23 billion monthly active users. In the third quarter of 2012, the number of active Facebook users had surpassed one billion, making it the first social network ever to do so. Active users are those which have logged in to Facebook during the last 30 days.

U.S. cable news network viewership 2019 | Statista
www.statista.com/statistics/373814/cable-news...
As of June 2019, Fox News was the most-watched network for the third consecutive year and continues to do well in terms of its prime time audience, with almost 2.57 million primetime viewers in ...

Yes or no.

It is free speech, freedom of expression, do you want the government controlling what and how people express themselves? We got rid of the fairness doctrine for the same reason, do we want the fairness doctrine back?
No such thing as free speech when you can be shut down by those who control the internet.

No such thing as free speech when you can be shut down by those who control the internet.

The government cannot take your free speech away. The internet is not run by the government, as you have pointed out it is operated by private entities. duckduckgo.com is a popular considered conservative search engine try that one. The idea to limit free speech is something we don't the government getting involved in.

The Supreme Court says Corporations participating in the political process is patriotism

The Supreme Court says Corporations participating in the political process is patriotism

thats so Trump can spend $105 million dollars at his country clubs playing golf and have TAXPAYERS foot the bill .

Corporations are people too.
Actually, I believe no one should be allowed to contribute to any campaign that works for any entity that controls the flow of information.

since the victory of 'citizen's united' , corporations have done exactly that- whether they are actually part of 'the information highway' or in the biz of producing oil ,fire arms, or prescription drugs... they control the flow of info via getting their candidates' (& thereby their own) ideologies that shape policies enacted into law thru their PACs.

like SHELL, REMINGTON, & PFIZER...

As long as we're going to allow money to pollute & distort politics, and as long as we refuse to require term limits, this is going to happen.

We can bitch and moan about it all we want, but we're ignoring the bigger picture. We're certainly good at that.
What about Microsoft? or any internet entity that has control of the information on the internet?
I didn't realize Microsoft had control of all the information on the internet.
Bing is maintained by Microsoft.

& duckduckgo isn't, but whether i use google, bing, or them - results are usually the same & in the same order they pop up.

Forum List

Back