Is it OK for Christians to lie if it means pushing a "moral" agenda

McCain: Repealing DADT will instigate more sexual assaults

Hey, isn’t it against someone’s religion to bear “false witness” or “lie”? I thought it was part of some “commandments” or maybe one of those deities is against it? Jesus, Gawd, the Holy Ghost, or Satan. One of them. There are so many Gawds, I just can’t keep track.

Tony Perkins: Repealing 'don't ask, don't tell' threatens military chaplains – Religion - CNN.com Blogs

The group opened the press conference with prayer, asking for God to bless their efforts and to soften the hearts of senators and congressmen to their position.

The strains - especially right now where you have people in one enlistment doing multiple tours of duty overseas - the strain on the family, the strain on the marriages.

Stop McCain: Tell Your Senators to Repeal ?Don?t Ask Don?t Tell!? | Change.org

John McCain and his friends in radical right-wing groups are putting enormous pressure on your senators to vote against equality. McCain's anti-gay vendetta is so desperate that he's announced he will help block the Senate from repealing "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and the right-wing Family Research Council is making outlandish and bogus claims that that repealing "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" will increase sexual assault in the military and "undermine the religious liberties" of military chaplains.

Could you please point out where anyone, other than the authors of those articles, lied?

Saying that allowing someone to admit they are gay without repercussions will lead to sexual assault is a lie.

Who said that?

Saying that gays coming out puts a "strain on straight marriages" is a lie.

Probably true, but remotely possible that a few marriages will be strained as a result.

Saying that allowing gays to exist will take away the rights of Military Chaplin's is a lie.

Implying that anyone said that is a lie.

These things are lies, NOT opinion.

Your opinion is that they are lies.

Last edited:
By the way, can someone explain to me how anyone could conclude that it's okay to be immoral if it pushes a moral agenda? Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose?

Bill Clinton signed it for the people, because that's what helps the Dems win senate seats or what have you, it has nothing to do with his personal choice. He was a dope smoker too, but he didn't legalize squat...

By the way, can someone explain to me how anyone could conclude that it's okay to be immoral if it pushes a moral agenda? Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose?

That was my original point, but you said it better.

If the right wing is so sure that all these terrible things will happen, then let them happen. THEN they can say, "See, I told you so" and they can make up laws and regulations to make gays lives as miserable as possible and get lots of support in doing it.

But what will really happen is that a year after DADT is repealed, no one will remember why we ever had it.

Who, under 30, could possibly imagine that there was a time that women couldn't vote. Yea, we know it's part of "history", but it's so long ago and so far away, it's unimaginable.

McCain: Repealing DADT will instigate more sexual assaults

Hey, isn’t it against someone’s religion to bear “false witness” or “lie”? I thought it was part of some “commandments” or maybe one of those deities is against it? Jesus, Gawd, the Holy Ghost, or Satan. One of them. There are so many Gawds, I just can’t keep track.

Tony Perkins: Repealing 'don't ask, don't tell' threatens military chaplains – Religion - CNN.com Blogs

The group opened the press conference with prayer, asking for God to bless their efforts and to soften the hearts of senators and congressmen to their position.

The strains - especially right now where you have people in one enlistment doing multiple tours of duty overseas - the strain on the family, the strain on the marriages.

Stop McCain: Tell Your Senators to Repeal ?Don?t Ask Don?t Tell!? | Change.org

John McCain and his friends in radical right-wing groups are putting enormous pressure on your senators to vote against equality. McCain's anti-gay vendetta is so desperate that he's announced he will help block the Senate from repealing "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and the right-wing Family Research Council is making outlandish and bogus claims that that repealing "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" will increase sexual assault in the military and "undermine the religious liberties" of military chaplains.

Did I hear someone say McCain is a Christian?:lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back