Is it moral to kill when a cure options is available?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

It is said that God can do whatever he likes. He is after all, God. He created everything and can destroy it at a whim if he chooses to do so. I do not believe this but will grant it as a truth for this O P.

Given that God can kill or cure, and given that we are to emulate, follow and try to be like him; it would seem that we too are to believe that sometimes it is better to kill than cure. I cannot think of any good situation to do this but that is just me. Perhaps you can.

Scriptures show God killing many or having men kill many. Scriptures show God curing on a few occasions but killing seems to be his preferred method.

Life, be it from God or nature, should be venerated. God does not seem to venerate human life even as he claims man to be his most precious and loved creation and even placing us above the angels. This indicates that he should venerate our lives yet it does not seem to.

In our human world, if a doctor who could cure his patient decided to kill him, he would be jailed and considered an evil person. In the believer world, a God who could cure and decides to kill is considered good and praised for his killing. A double standard. I hope that we will all agree that for a human to kill, when a cure option is available, is evil and immoral. If you do not; please do not reply.

Is it moral for God to kill when a cure options is available?

Does your God need to have good morals or does it matter?

Regards
DL

The scriptures testify that God has already made it so that every one who has ever lived with become Immortal. The dead will be restored to life. Every one. Our Spirit will reunite with our Body and every part of our body will be restored.

What exactly could God or any man do that will cure people better than this will?

Doctors are now God?

What a truly stupid OP.

Lotta that going around. Is it just me or are threads getting more ridiculous?

I've been noticing that too lately. You know how much I long for having a real discussion on religion? Most of these discussions are nonsense.

True. I'm spending most of my free time these days working on my Presidential Elections thread in the History forum, but after that I wouldn't mind some serious discussions about religion, morality, and philosophy.

The scriptures testify that God has already made it so that every one who has ever lived with become Immortal. The dead will be restored to life. Every one. Our Spirit will reunite with our Body and every part of our body will be restored.

What exactly could God or any man do that will cure people better than this will?

This has nothing to do with the O P.

Care to speak to it or was that your way of justifying the killing that God is said to have done?

Regards
DL

Lotta that going around. Is it just me or are threads getting more ridiculous?

I've been noticing that too lately. You know how much I long for having a real discussion on religion? Most of these discussions are nonsense.

True. I'm spending most of my free time these days working on my Presidential Elections thread in the History forum, but after that I wouldn't mind some serious discussions about religion, morality, and philosophy.

This one asks moral question and you will note that believers are not even trying to justify their God. That says more to the lurkers than anything I could say.

I wonder if that is why religions are losing respect and support.

Regards
DL

It is said that God can do whatever he likes. He is after all, God. He created everything and can destroy it at a whim if he chooses to do so. I do not believe this but will grant it as a truth for this O P.

Given that God can kill or cure, and given that we are to emulate, follow and try to be like him; it would seem that we too are to believe that sometimes it is better to kill than cure. I cannot think of any good situation to do this but that is just me. Perhaps you can.

Scriptures show God killing many or having men kill many. Scriptures show God curing on a few occasions but killing seems to be his preferred method.

Life, be it from God or nature, should be venerated. God does not seem to venerate human life even as he claims man to be his most precious and loved creation and even placing us above the angels. This indicates that he should venerate our lives yet it does not seem to.

In our human world, if a doctor who could cure his patient decided to kill him, he would be jailed and considered an evil person. In the believer world, a God who could cure and decides to kill is considered good and praised for his killing. A double standard. I hope that we will all agree that for a human to kill, when a cure option is available, is evil and immoral. If you do not; please do not reply.

Is it moral for God to kill when a cure options is available?

Does your God need to have good morals or does it matter?

Regards
DL

Scary stuff and poor grammar too. The question is whether the follower of Islam poster considers himself to be God's tool.

Forum List

Back