Is it moral to have this much of the world's resources?

some ignorant fucks would argue that beyond $200k, rich people shouldn't pay any additional taxes because they don't get any extra use out of our roads or schools than the rest of us so why should they pay anymore?
because they do benefit more. and the system will just fall apart if they don't pay. that's why we need the death tax.

now if politicians would stop blowing so much money, maybe we can fix what is wrong. then everyones taxes can be lowered. not before.

we all agree all politicians spend too much. i'll agree dems are too liberal with our money if republicans will admit they are not fiscally responsible.

they bankrupted us thru defense spending and pork and liberals like all social programs.

Lmao....Beat the hell out of that strawman...

Some people think that over half of their earnings shouldn't go to taxes, they think government should stop spending on inefficient programs.

Anyone who thinks it's a good idea to get chintzy with defense has got a screw loose.

Yup. Since Bush's presidency I have seen tax returns of around $7000 per year on a pittance of a salary.

Don't tell me the only people who have benefited are the rich. It's complete hogwash.

hao nuch did your house lose in value?

your stocks?

how nuch is your share of the debt now that bush doubled it?

and if you lose your job? you do know you will make less if you find another job in your field?
smple supply and demand. less jobs and more people looking means lower wages.

and what is the dollar worth? if its worth less and things cost more, that means you lost stupid.

and you are one of the lucky ones.

don't try to tell me shit is chocolate icecream. I wonder if you realize how dumb you really are.

Yup. Since Bush's presidency I have seen tax returns of around $7000 per year on a pittance of a salary.

Don't tell me the only people who have benefited are the rich. It's complete hogwash.

hao nuch did your house lose in value?

your stocks?

how nuch is your share of the debt now that bush doubled it?

and if you lose your job? you do know you will make less if you find another job in your field?
smple supply and demand. less jobs and more people looking means lower wages.

and what is the dollar worth? if its worth less and things cost more, that means you lost stupid.

and you are one of the lucky ones.

don't try to tell me shit is chocolate icecream. I wonder if you realize how dumb you really are.

My debt hasn't doubled. I don't own a house, so it hasn't devalued, and I'm looking forward to being able to actually purchase a home now.

My mother's house hasn't devalued. My sister's house devalued a while back, but it's a huge home with an in-ground swimming pool...and it's paid for. So they'll just hang onto it until the market recovers. Which it will.

I have family members who have lost $$ in the market...but that's a cyclical thing and none of them have lost their marbles yet.

And I keep an eye on the job market. While I make a good living wage for this part of the country (since the libs decimated the logging industry) if I were to quit tomorrow, I could pick up another job making the same amount. Or I could go back to school. My choices are endless and the world is not coming to an end.

What decline??
What sorry state?
Who is going broke?
The all time record high for wages was reached in June 2008, $18.04 per hour.
If you want to help the middle-class, cut taxes.

factor in ceo, haloburton, blackwater, executive pay and all the government jobs bush created and wages are not up. this is a fairytale the gop told us for 8 yrs now. you still swallowing it? are your wages up? liar.

and again, dollar aint what it used to be and cost of everything up.

wow, you are clueless.

:omg:What did we do before this new social agenda started in the 60's?

We had tariffs to keep cheap crap from the third world out of the market among other things. We had unions and the unions had solidarity and respect, too. Most mothers stayed home, and giving your teachers shit could get you face slapped both in school and at home, too.

Just aabout anyone with half a brain and a willingness to work could find a living wage job in a factory or shop.

Cigarettes were still health food, and drinking and driving was optional.

Seriously younger people can't imagine what America was like when I was a teen.

Plenty of chums of mine dropped out of high school, got a job in the mill, got their own apartments, bought a GTO and life was their oyster.

There was poverty, of course. The unlucky, the old,and minorities, mostly

But it was something that few people ready willing and able to work ever worried about. Lose you job today, have a new one, probably as good maybe better in a week.

Life was easier back then, folks, believe me.

UNLESS you were black, of course.

Then you were pretty much fucked.

I'd mark the economic decline as starting the early 70s.

factor in ceo, haloburton, blackwater, executive pay and all the government jobs bush created and wages are not up. this is a fairytale the gop told us for 8 yrs now. you still swallowing it? are your wages up? liar.

and again, dollar aint what it used to be and cost of everything up.

wow, you are clueless.

Your the clueless one. I have debated with many people on here, Ravi, Jillian, Editec et. el and even though we may not agree on almost all things. We haven't levied the kinda delusional BS you have. You should really reconsider your debate tatics, your making liberals look like blabbering idiots.....Oh never mind continue!

We had tariffs to keep cheap crap from the third world out of the market among other things. We had unions and the unions had solidarity and respect, too. Most mothers stayed home, and giving your teachers shit could get you face slapped both in school and at home, too.

Just aabout anyone with half a brain and a willingness to work could find a living wage job in a factory or shop.

Cigarettes were still health food, and drinking and driving was optional.

Seriously younger people can't imagine what America was like when I was a teen.

Plenty of chums of mine dropped out of high school, got a job in the mill, got their own apartments, bought a GTO and life was their oyster.

There was poverty, of course. The unlucky, the old,and minorities, mostly

But it was something that few people ready willing and able to work ever worried about. Lose you job today, have a new one, probably as good maybe better in a week.

Life was easier back then, folks, believe me.

UNLESS you were black, of course.

Then you were pretty much fucked.

I'd mark the economic decline as starting the early 70s.

Lmao....I'm sure all of the people in the Great Depression, lost their job and found a new one right away huh? Since I was referring to before the 60's....

Your the clueless one. I have debated with many people on here, Ravi, Jillian, Editec et. el and even though we may not agree on almost all things. We haven't levied the kinda delusional BS you have. You should really reconsider your debate tatics, your making liberals look like blabbering idiots.....Oh never mind continue!

I must be the best if you hate me the most. I wear your insults like a badge o honor. Nothing any of us say will change your mind so fuck it.

You aren't being intellectually honest so fuck you.

The rich are getting richer and the middle class is going further into debt. Our homes worth less, things cost more, 401's in the shitter, dollar not what it used to be. You aren't benefitting stupid. You will never retire with dignity.

Unless you are rich or stand to enherit a fortune. If that's the case, then we aren't operating on an even playing field.

Now I'll be ok, but I don't like how the gop made it harder for us and easier for the rich. You aren't rich, so that makes you dumb.

Was Leona Helmsley lying when she said the rich don't pay taxes? I say she slipped and said the truth. Just like McCain & Bush have slipped and said things. And you want to believe they were just joking when its no laughing matter.

If you are rich, you are in the minority, just like the religious right speaks for a very small percentage of Americans.

Either way, you are either greedy or dumb. Both are reprehensible to me.

I must be the best if you hate me the most. I wear your insults like a badge o honor. Nothing any of us say will change your mind so fuck it.

You aren't being intellectually honest so fuck you.

The rich are getting richer and the middle class is going further into debt. Our homes worth less, things cost more, 401's in the shitter, dollar not what it used to be. You aren't benefitting stupid. You will never retire with dignity.

Unless you are rich or stand to enherit a fortune. If that's the case, then we aren't operating on an even playing field.

Now I'll be ok, but I don't like how the gop made it harder for us and easier for the rich. You aren't rich, so that makes you dumb.

Was Leona Helmsley lying when she said the rich don't pay taxes? I say she slipped and said the truth. Just like McCain & Bush have slipped and said things. And you want to believe they were just joking when its no laughing matter.

If you are rich, you are in the minority, just like the religious right speaks for a very small percentage of Americans.

Either way, you are either greedy or dumb. Both are reprehensible to me.

I won't take the time to show every instance of your ignorance only a couple....

You claimed MN governor Pawlenty was responsible for the MN bridge collapse through his law of transportation funding.....I showed you where he proposed the largest transportation bill in MN state history....

For godsake you stated you didn't know anything about global warming but you proceeded to speak from your ass....

TROLL

We aren't this bad yet but the republicans are trying.

"The Human Development Report of UNDP warns us of the widening income gap between rich and poor. In 1960, the ratio between the earnings of the top 20% and the bottom 20% was 30:1. By 1990 this had risen to 61:1, and by 1997 to 74:1.

FFTC, as an international organization serving the region's small-scale farmers, is deeply concerned about this issue.

New Technology Expands the Wealth Gap

The word "technology" has a pleasant sound to it, especially for scientists. It seems to promise infinite benefits for mankind. It is true that technology has contributed significantly to the economic development of the world. But we must always remember that it has a dark side. The development of new technology always expands the gap between rich and poor.

This is because technology needs strong economic power to develop it, and highly trained people who are the product of an expensive education. A shoot apex with the potential for active growth keeps growing, and accumulates the potential again for the next new growth.

This vicious circle, vicious in view of the balanced growth of the world as a whole, is the driving force which expands the wealth gap. How to slow down or compensate for this vicious circle may be the most important and urgent issue facing mankind."

Closing the Gap between Rich and Poor

We aren't this bad yet but the republicans are trying.

"The Human Development Report of UNDP warns us of the widening income gap between rich and poor. In 1960, the ratio between the earnings of the top 20% and the bottom 20% was 30:1. By 1990 this had risen to 61:1, and by 1997 to 74:1.

FFTC, as an international organization serving the region's small-scale farmers, is deeply concerned about this issue.

New Technology Expands the Wealth Gap

The word "technology" has a pleasant sound to it, especially for scientists. It seems to promise infinite benefits for mankind. It is true that technology has contributed significantly to the economic development of the world. But we must always remember that it has a dark side. The development of new technology always expands the gap between rich and poor.

This is because technology needs strong economic power to develop it, and highly trained people who are the product of an expensive education. A shoot apex with the potential for active growth keeps growing, and accumulates the potential again for the next new growth.

This vicious circle, vicious in view of the balanced growth of the world as a whole, is the driving force which expands the wealth gap. How to slow down or compensate for this vicious circle may be the most important and urgent issue facing mankind."

Closing the Gap between Rich and Poor

the conclusion from the same link.

In view of the close relationship between economic development and technical development, I am afraid the gap between rich and poor will keep growing. We must take care not to get used to the wealth gap. We should continue to feel anger, sadness and shame that it exists.

:eusa_sick:

Forum List

Back