Is it me, or will the Dems face a GOP landslide this year??

amrchaos

Pentheus torn apart
Nov 1, 2008
Miami
I was going over some of the polls for the upcoming elections and , well, if you are a lefty, do not pack your bags for D.C.

It Looks as if the GOP/conservatives/Libertarians/Tea Partiers (or whatever the right is calling themselves these days) have regrouped and are making a very enthusiastic and highly energized campaign to rid America of "Progressivism"

I am starting to think that the Democrats are facing a mighty hard fall. How did this happen? Was it UHC?? Was it the cigerette Tax?? Was it Glen Beck??

Will the Republicans capture the entire Congress? What do you think?? I am a little flabbergasted at how a political party that was in the dumpster just a year ago came back with such vigor.

It is as if George W. Bush never occured!! What are your thoughts??

I was going over some of the polls for the upcoming elections and , well, if you are a lefty, do not pack your bags for D.C.

It Looks as if the GOP/conservatives/Libertarians/Tea Partiers (or whatever the right is calling themselves these days) have regrouped and are making a very enthusiastic and highly energized campaign to rid America of "Progressivism"

I am starting to think that the Democrats are facing a mighty hard fall. How did this happen? Was it UHC?? Was it the cigerette Tax?? Was it Glen Beck??

Will the Republicans capture the entire Congress? What do you think?? I am a little flabbergasted at how a political party that was in the dumpster just a year ago came back with such vigor.

They have? They are? Who leads them? What is their message?

In my HUMBLE opinion, any incumbent, regardless of party affiliation is in trouble. The people elected Obama to get things fixed in Washington. The people are now upset with Obama and everyone else in Washington for accomplishing exactly SQUAT in 2009.

If the GOP doesn't pick up at least 30 seats in November, they have failed.

You have it all wrong.

The GOP isn't going to kick the progressives out. America is. It is unfortunate that the GOP with their liberals are going to be the recipient of this good fortune. Unless America rids the GOP of its progressives as well, not much is going to change.

I think that what is going to happen is both houses are going to return to being almost perfectly split, right down the middle. A good thing all things considered.

BTW. George W. Bush has nothing to do with it. He is last decade. This is now.

Bush is less than 10 years ago so he is most of thos past decade.

Of course I can understand many's desire to erase the past and start over after having voted for Bush twice :D

Yes, that will happen, but it's interesting what's going on in the world of politics. I got this email from Blanche Lincoln today:

Earlier today, President Obama released his budget proposal for Fiscal Year 2011. As Chairman of the U.S. Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry, I am opposed to cuts to programs important to agriculture and rural communities.

Throughout my Senate career, I have been a strong, independent voice for Arkansas’s agricultural producers. Now, as Chair of the Senate Agriculture Committee, I am standing up for farmers and ranchers and all of rural America once again by opposing cuts that will harm the hard-working men and women who are the backbone of our rural economy.

Put simply, the President’s proposal picks winners and losers. By targeting policies that rural America relies upon, this proposal places a disproportionate burden on the backs of farmers and rural communities. While I too believe we must reduce the federal deficit, we must all share in this responsibility.

In 2008, I worked hard to pass a five-year farm bill that was fiscally responsible. This bill contained over $4 billion worth of cuts to farm programs, was completely paid for and did not contribute to the deficit. The Farm Bill is a contract with our farmers that they depend on to make business decisions. Changing the rules in the middle of the game would be detrimental to their operations and would cost us even more jobs in rural America.

I thank the President for his recommendations, but Congress writes the budget. I intend to support measures to reduce the deficit but fight many of the President’s proposed cuts that will harm farmers, ranchers and rural communities.

With Arkansas Pride,….

My guess is that the President included these cuts in his proposed budget so that Blanche could write emails to her constituents like the one above. She is bound to get additional support and contributions because of this email. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of Demo politicians are writing similar emails.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Yes, that will happen, but it's interesting what's going on in the world of politics. I got this email from Blanche Lincoln today:

Earlier today, President Obama released his budget proposal for Fiscal Year 2011. As Chairman of the U.S. Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry, I am opposed to cuts to programs important to agriculture and rural communities.

Throughout my Senate career, I have been a strong, independent voice for Arkansas’s agricultural producers. Now, as Chair of the Senate Agriculture Committee, I am standing up for farmers and ranchers and all of rural America once again by opposing cuts that will harm the hard-working men and women who are the backbone of our rural economy.

Put simply, the President’s proposal picks winners and losers. By targeting policies that rural America relies upon, this proposal places a disproportionate burden on the backs of farmers and rural communities. While I too believe we must reduce the federal deficit, we must all share in this responsibility.

In 2008, I worked hard to pass a five-year farm bill that was fiscally responsible. This bill contained over $4 billion worth of cuts to farm programs, was completely paid for and did not contribute to the deficit. The Farm Bill is a contract with our farmers that they depend on to make business decisions. Changing the rules in the middle of the game would be detrimental to their operations and would cost us even more jobs in rural America.

I thank the President for his recommendations, but Congress writes the budget. I intend to support measures to reduce the deficit but fight many of the President’s proposed cuts that will harm farmers, ranchers and rural communities.

With Arkansas Pride,….

My guess is that the President included these cuts in his proposed budget so that Blanche could write emails to her constituents like the one above. She is bound to get additional support and contributions because of this email. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of Demo politicians are writing similar emails.

I'm not sure even that will help her much.

Blanche Lincoln's Prospects for Re-Election Look Dim in Arkansas Senate Race -- Politics Daily

The GOP is going to get another chance to lead in 2010. Let's hope they get it right. They need to stop this crazy deficit spending and balance the budget. Then they need to cut up the credit card forever by passing a law that legally mandates and requires a balanced budget. I'd also like to see a law that limits total Federal expenditures to a maximum of 20% of GDP. Government is too big, they need to get out of the way.

Of course I can understand many's desire to erase the past and start over after having voted for Bush twice :D
Why would anyone be ashamed of voting for Bush? The alternatives were Gore and Kerry.

Voting for Bush twice was a smart and educated vote.

If Scott Brown is an indication of the kind of Republican who will be able to unseat Dems this November y'all are pipe dreaming about getting rid of "progressives."

Why would anyone be ashamed of voting for Bush? The alternatives were Gore and Kerry.

Once is fine but the 2nd time, not so much. Neither of those turds got my vote in 2004.

If Scott Brown is an indication of the kind of Republican who will be able to unseat Dems this November y'all are pipe dreaming about getting rid of "progressives."

And if you think 'all of us think' that candidates like Scott Brown, (what I'd call a Northeastern Republican), is a bad thing, you're wrong.

Once is fine but the 2nd time, not so much. Neither of those turds got my vote in 2004.
Your choice. I don't 'not vote' in Presidential elections. To much at stake.

Good point, as much as Bush sucked, the alternatives were Al "3 Tons Of Fun" Gore, and John "Iron Balls" Kerry and his wife Zsa Zsa.

No thanks, the Chimp was the only choice. I hope the RINOs abandon ship and we get some folks in there with the gonads to clip government and make the harsh decisions the people need.

He's not perfect, but he's far more conservative than John Kerry. He'll be more conservative than Coakley would have been. Hell, He's already stopped Obamacare cold! That is better than anything the morbidly obese dipsomaniac who held the seat before him did in 47 years.

And if you think 'all of us think' that candidates like Scott Brown, (what I'd call a Northeastern Republican), is a bad thing, you're wrong.

Don't you rail on things like cap and trade and national health care?

He's not perfect, but he's far more conservative than John Kerry. He'll be more conservative than Coakley would have been. Hell, He's already stopped Obamacare cold! That is better than anything the morbidly obese dipsomaniac who held the seat before him did in 47 years.

:rolleyes:

kool-aid-man.jpg

1994 is going to look like the Good Ole days

Good chance Dems lose every Senate seat and about 100 House seats

Forum List

Back