Is it me, or is it the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else have the same issues? If not, it must be something on your end...?

the internet will run on just about anything ... i have a second computer bought at goodwill $50.00 - if something goes wrong just throw it away and buy anotherone, cheaper than an IT person and solves a low threshold for frustration.

* KVM switch connects the towers using the same mouse and monitor ...

the internet will run on just about anything ... i have a second computer bought at goodwill $50.00 - if something goes wrong just throw it away and buy anotherone, cheaper than an IT person and solves a low threshold for frustration.

* KVM switch connects the towers using the same mouse and monitor ...

Even a low end New computer is cheaper than a tech...or just use you phone

Did anyone else have the same issues? If not, it must be something on your end...?

I don't think it's on my end since it's all USMB's other links, every single time, it doesn't go anywhere else. No other sites are misdirecting links like this.

Actually it's also monstrously slow in here right now in general, although that prolly IS on my end, it's been raining here continuously for days, I suspect my amp box outside is waterlogged again ... anyway I see somebody clicked 'agree' on my OP so it's not just me.

I don't think it's on my end since it's all USMB's other links, every single time, it doesn't go anywhere else. No other sites are misdirecting links like this.

Actually it's also monstrously slow in here right now in general, although that prolly IS on my end, it's been raining here continuously for days, I suspect my amp box outside is waterlogged again ... anyway I see somebody clicked 'agree' on my OP so it's not just me.

I think it's demons. :D

satan_med.jpg

Lately when I click to reply to some post somewhere I occasionally get taken not to the message box with that post quoted, but to the front page of another forum altogether, like "Prepper forum" (and a few others). I'm inclined to think these are other forums run by the same entities, but it's not a case of inadvertently moving the mouse and clicking the wrong thing -- it's happening at random times clicking Reply to a post. If I back up and click the same Reply again it usually works as it should.

It's getting more and more frequent now -- like five out of six attempted post replies went to another site. This is becoming a royal PITA. I will never be the least bit interested in "Prepper forums" or whatever, and if I get interested I'll find it on my own.

Anyone else seeing this?
I have not had this problem.

Now I'm even getting redirects within this site. Both within and without. :dunno:

I'm thinking five days and nights of continuous rain has something to do with this. It just now stopped after literally five days and nights, with five more lined up to go...

Now I'm even getting redirects within this site. Both within and without. :dunno:

I'm thinking five days and nights of continuous rain has something to do with this. It just now stopped after literally five days and nights, with five more lined up to go...

It's just this site you said? Maybe you're on the shiznit list. :D

Dunno...........but I have VIPRE virus protection, and sometimes it comes up and tells me that it blocked a known dangerous program.

Sometimes my screen freezes up, and I have to close it out and come back to USMB to get it to work right again.

It's usually after that has happened that VIPRE virus tells me that it blocked a known bad program.

When I got in trouble once, I kept being redirected to the "rules" section of the forum. Nice hint there. :lol:

I think it must be a computer problem, your computer....something has gone haywire and your links are being changed/messed up. If it was a USMB problem I'm sure more people would be experiencing the same thing.

I know soon after they changed the software I wasn't able to insert a link in my post and then leave to go to the internet to grab another one....when I would return to the Forum my original posted link would have disappeared. I could never post more than one image unless I went off-line and saved them in my computer and then posted them all at the same time. I mentioned it on this Forum (I forgot the thread name - had to do with problems people were encountering with the new software) and anyway, CK told me that I was doing something to cause it. I never changed anything, and eventually the problem went away...but I think the programmers must have read my post and fixed it.

I think it's demons. :D
No...see, sometimes, when a poster has racked up 5 points or more, they go on what is called a 'slow down'...now, there are other moderators who take reports and give infractions, and those points are logged and stored and a slow down is auto-matic-ally activated regardless of the mod who gave the points that caused the slow down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back