Is it liberal permissiveness? sex ed doesn't work? HIV rates

With alarming HIV numbers, doctors debate mandatory testing - WTOP.com

Anyone care to explain the findings here?

And why is it okay to persecute smokers to reduce their unhealthy behaviors but not other groups like men and women who engage in anal sex? I thought you persecute smokers for their own good?

PS: And the advice about using a condom, while that's great and will reduce HIV if people coudl be bothered to be responsible, it still won't do anything for HPV and the anal cancer it causes.
You have a one-man crusade against HIV, it seems...two threads on it so far.

But its not just sex he's against. He has said it repeatedly - its anal sex he wants punished. And other rabid, anti-freedom, homosexual-hating rw's have jumped on his bandwagon.

If only they could get cameras installed in everyone's bedrooms. But, people have sex in other places so a camera mounted on everyone's butts would work better.

As for trying (and failing) to compare anal sex to smoking, I don't really care if you smoke but I do care if you force me to share your smoke. Go ahead and inhale but if you exhale, you had better not do it where I am inhaling.

And why is it okay to persecute smokers to reduce their unhealthy behaviors but not other groups like men and women who engage in anal sex? I thought you persecute smokers for their own good?

PS: And the advice about using a condom, while that's great and will reduce HIV if people coudl be bothered to be responsible, it still won't do anything for HPV and the anal cancer it causes.

But its not just sex he's against. He has said it repeatedly - its anal sex he wants punished. And other rabid, anti-freedom, homosexual-hating rw's have jumped on his bandwagon.

If only they could get cameras installed in everyone's bedrooms. But, people have sex in other places so a camera mounted on everyone's butts would work better.

As for trying (and failing) to compare anal sex to smoking, I don't really care if you smoke but I do care if you force me to share your smoke. Go ahead and inhale but if you exhale, you had better not do it where I am inhaling.

Given you cant prove anyone has died from second hand smoke, but people have died from second hand aids, care to try again?

ryan white was guilty of getting a transufision from someone who refused to behave responsibly. what do smokers smoking in a bar of other smokers do to harm people?

so you have no problem with hiv rates and anal cancer rates expanding? admitting that fact is bigotry?

from the link:

eventy two percent of the new infections among young people are attributed to male-to-male sexual conduct, and the stigma in society associated with that makes people want to stay below the radar and not go out and get tested."

here's an idea...

stop stigmatizing gay kids so they'll get tested and not spread disease.

you can't say sex ed isn't working b/c you have no information from your link that sex ed is being given in the places where the rates are highest.

hint: it isn't stigmatized in urban areas where kids are more likely to have sex ed.

just saying

Is it liberal permissiveness? sex ed doesn't work? HIV rates

I’d rather ‘liberal permissiveness’ than conservative authoritarianism any day.

So you think it's permissive when liberals ban smoking everywhere, ban incandescent lightbulbs, tell you what you can eat, what you can drink, what toilet you can use, what temperature to set your thermostat to. You do realize the entire nanny state thing you see today is stuff liberals ban beacuse they don't approve of?

So you think so long as women get abortion as birth control and gays get anal sex, the other 99% of people's lives is completely subject to government control, and that's being persmissive?

You liberals are complete control freaks, who want to control every aspect of life, to make people as dependent as possible on government so long as you get ass sex and abortion.

Why do rw's do this? Why do they start out with a list of lies, a list of things that have not happened, but then say they have happened. Steve, liberals have not "banned smoking everywhere, banned incandescent light bulbs, told you what you can eat or drink, tell you what toilet you can use or what temp your thermostat must be set to. All of those things are LIES.

OTOH, it is the rabid rw's who want laws to control people, to stop things they don't approve of - abortion, gay marriage.

Just because you're a homophobic prude, you don't have the right to tell others what sex they can have or not.

This is still the United States and most of us will fight you froot loops' efforts to pass governmental controls on our behaviors.

from the link:

eventy two percent of the new infections among young people are attributed to male-to-male sexual conduct, and the stigma in society associated with that makes people want to stay below the radar and not go out and get tested."

here's an idea...

stop stigmatizing gay kids so they'll get tested and not spread disease.

you can't say sex ed isn't working b/c you have no information from your link that sex ed is being given in the places where the rates are highest.

hint: it isn't stigmatized in urban areas where kids are more likely to have sex ed.

just saying

So a stigma make them behave irresponsibly?

Given you cant prove anyone has died from second hand smoke, but people have died from second hand aids, care to try again?

ryan white was guilty of getting a transufision from someone who refused to behave responsibly. what do smokers smoking in a bar of other smokers do to harm people?

so you have no problem with hiv rates and anal cancer rates expanding? admitting that fact is bigotry?

Second hand has been shown to cause disease BUT, even if it did not, I would still tell you to take your stink elsewhere. I don't care if you want to smoke but your right to lung cancer ends where my lungs begin.

In addition, if you're one of the wacko rw's who refuses to buy your own health insurance and want to get free health care at the emergency room, you are costing me money and you do not have the right to do that.

Your last paragraph is a LIE.

I’d rather ‘liberal permissiveness’ than conservative authoritarianism any day.

So you think it's permissive when liberals ban smoking everywhere, ban incandescent lightbulbs, tell you what you can eat, what you can drink, what toilet you can use, what temperature to set your thermostat to. You do realize the entire nanny state thing you see today is stuff liberals ban beacuse they don't approve of?

So you think so long as women get abortion as birth control and gays get anal sex, the other 99% of people's lives is completely subject to government control, and that's being persmissive?

You liberals are complete control freaks, who want to control every aspect of life, to make people as dependent as possible on government so long as you get ass sex and abortion.

Why do rw's do this? Why do they start out with a list of lies, a list of things that have not happened, but then say they have happened. Steve, liberals have not "banned smoking everywhere, banned incandescent light bulbs, told you what you can eat or drink, tell you what toilet you can use or what temp your thermostat must be set to. All of those things are LIES.

OTOH, it is the rabid rw's who want laws to control people, to stop things they don't approve of - abortion, gay marriage.

Just because you're a homophobic prude, you don't have the right to tell others what sex they can have or not.

This is still the United States and most of us will fight you froot loops' efforts to pass governmental controls on our behaviors.

You'll ban things from the vast majority because you think you know what's best, but then prance around, limp wrists flailing over tiny minorities. in SF you can't even buy a working toilet anymore because some liberal asshole thinks he knows what's best for you. You get arrested for smoking within 15 feet of a building entrance, but so long as you can give public blowjobs at folsom steet, then it's a fair deal.

You'll ban things from the vast majority because you think you know what's best, but then prance around, limp wrists flailing over tiny minorities. in SF you can't even buy a working toilet anymore because some liberal asshole thinks he knows what's best for you. You get arrested for smoking within 15 feet of a building entrance, but so long as you can give public blowjobs at folsom steet, then it's a fair deal.

You don't help your position by LYING or by ignoring the FACTS in my previous post.

Steve, you're just another homophobe who is scared to death of your own sexuality. You really need to take this up with Rick Sictorum.

And, if you live in San Francisco and you don't like San Francisco, you'd be very happy in Kansass or Texass. Move.

Or, if you really hate freedom so much, leave the country. Maybe you could find a country where gays are burned alive. Sounds like that would make you very happy.

But, if you live in the US, most of us will continue to fight nutters like you. And, in case you didn't notice, we won the last election. :)

Fascinating. RWers fight tooth and nail against sex education including the content of what is allowed in the so-called sex education in schools yet have the hubris to complain about the results.

Why is it that teen pregnancy rates are so much higher now than say the 1940s then?

abortion wasn't politicized

and the radical religious right wasn't as numerous

Don't forget to persecute IV drug abusers! And married men on the down low. And all prostitutes and their Johns.

Oh and don't forget Grandpa who passes on the virus to Grandma after visiting a hooker.

I'm sure there's other categories of people to persecute. Perhaps since this is World Aids Day you might find more than the normal amount of HIV infection info today

How's about looking it up and getting back to me on whom I missed, K?

Egads.

Regards from Rosie

It's very difficult for heterosexual men to catch HIV from women. That's a biological reality. It's possible, but very difficult to do.

Also, why do they have needle exchanges? That's like someone opposed to smoking giving smokers lower tar cigarettes.

However, you can deny reality all you'd like, but fact remains that those who engage in anal sex are far morem likely to get HIV from the act due to the nature of it.

How does denying reality help the situation?

Prostitutes never have anal sex for money. Unheard of. Men who have a lot of unprotected sex with HIV+ women have a greater risk of getting the virus than average men.

What is it with you that you are fixated on only one form of transmission?

Oh, ya know just about every heroin junkie runs to the needle exchange before cooking and shooting up. Not. And if you pay for unprotected sex with either a male or female heroin shooter you raised your riisk greatly.

Why not focus on known dangers and safer sex practices rather than merely anal sex?

If anal sex fixation IS your reality that makes me sad. :(

Regards from. Rosie

haven't you noticed rightwingnuts love talking about anal sex?

It's very difficult for heterosexual men to catch HIV from women. That's a biological reality. It's possible, but very difficult to do.

Also, why do they have needle exchanges? That's like someone opposed to smoking giving smokers lower tar cigarettes.

However, you can deny reality all you'd like, but fact remains that those who engage in anal sex are far morem likely to get HIV from the act due to the nature of it.

How does denying reality help the situation?

Prostitutes never have anal sex for money. Unheard of. Men who have a lot of unprotected sex with HIV+ women have a greater risk of getting the virus than average men.

What is it with you that you are fixated on only one form of transmission?

Oh, ya know just about every heroin junkie runs to the needle exchange before cooking and shooting up. Not. And if you pay for unprotected sex with either a male or female heroin shooter you raised your riisk greatly.

Why not focus on known dangers and safer sex practices rather than merely anal sex?

If anal sex fixation IS your reality that makes me sad. :(

Regards from. Rosie

haven't you noticed rightwingnuts love talking about anal sex?

The obsession rw's have with what others do in their bedrooms is downright creepy.

Forum List

Back