Is it Krauthammer's turn under the Bus?

FYI DIvecon, Social Security is not bankrupt.

The government might be but SS is not.

I personally do not condone Republican's spending like Democrats. It doesn't work for them, it doesn't work for us. When you spend more than you make, going to the Mall and maxing out your credit cards is not the solution to your problems. We cannot spend our way out of this.

Note the tea party supporters running in here to wail about the deficit increase in this one.

NOT

They know Krauthammer's right, for once.

Wrong.
I knew Krauthammer was right when he said control of the Senate was no longer within the reach of the Republican party after Christine O'Donnell won the nomination in Delaware.

Regardless of his opinion on anything, we do not throw our own under the bus like some.

I personally do not condone Republican's spending like Democrats. It doesn't work for them, it doesn't work for us. When you spend more than you make, going to the Mall and maxing out your credit cards is not the solution to your problems. We cannot spend our way out of this.

I dont comprehend how others do not seem to understand this universal truth.

He may have a point with the spending. But Obama didn't offer any tax cuts. Keeping taxes the same are not cuts.

And this isnt factoring inflation in.

I didn't say that Krauthammer did. What I said, last week, is that politically, this might be brilliant.

If the economy picks up, Obama now owns the tax cuts (assuming they pass) and can claim the credit. If the economy goes to shit or stays poor, Obama is screwed anyway.

Back in the post 94 '90's, when Clinton pulled this kind of thing, the right used to bitch about Clinton 'co-opting' the Republican agenda.

Keep in mind, I'm still against this.

There were NO tax cuts moron.... the rates are staying the same.

If Obama is for taxing the "rich"... then why have'nt the Dems brought a bill to do just that?
Tax the millionares and billionares.... go ahead, I dare them to.

Basically, they are full of shit and too cowardly to do it.... they just like playing the class warfare bullshit.

Here is the problem

There arent tax cuts. So we dont have them stimulating the economy.

We are spending more which hurts are credit rating, interest rates, and injects more cash into a system that is inflating already.

I didn't say that Krauthammer did. What I said, last week, is that politically, this might be brilliant.

If the economy picks up, Obama now owns the tax cuts (assuming they pass) and can claim the credit. If the economy goes to shit or stays poor, Obama is screwed anyway.

Back in the post 94 '90's, when Clinton pulled this kind of thing, the right used to bitch about Clinton 'co-opting' the Republican agenda.

Keep in mind, I'm still against this.

There were NO tax cuts moron.... the rates are staying the same.

If Obama is for taxing the "rich"... then why have'nt the Dems brought a bill to do just that?
Tax the millionares and billionares.... go ahead, I dare them to.

Basically, they are full of shit and too cowardly to do it.... they just like playing the class warfare bullshit.

The payroll tax cut isn't a new cut?

The current rates were a temporary Bush tax cut. If they are extended for 2 years, they become an Obama temporary tax cut.

Forum List

Back