Is it just to fuck honest Americans?

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by JBeukema, Mar 1, 2011.

1. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    So I heard about this recent case from one of the agents involved:

A large bakery had over 100 illegals

Working between 40 and 60 hours per week

For ten bucks an hour (no mention of being denied overtime pay, though I can't say for certain that they received it; not all details were available, since the ADA has yet to open a criminal case)

How are they saving any money by hiring illegals? Evidently they suffering any serious abuse or having any significant amount of pay withheld, since they couldn't get a single worker to turn (cooperation with ICE can earn one legal resident status)

But they're only taking jobs Americans won't do, right? I'm pretty sure you could find plenty of citizens willing do that job- hell, pay $9.50 and hire 150 at 30-35 hours per week and you'll still have people lining up.

What motivation is there? Is it just to fuck honest Americans?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  2. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    Well when my apolitical brother had a rib joint in the Hamptons..put it to me like this..

"You can't find a white guy who wants to bus tables and do dishes.."

Which kinda shocked me..since he doesn't care much about race either.

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    All I can think is that Americans dont need them or don't know about them

4. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    7.3% Unemployment...
    The company doesn't advertise openings in the papers? Evidently they know how to get word out to the illegals

5. American Horse

American Horse AKA "Mustang"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +938
    My last building project, and the last time I hired from the local native population (carpenter heplers, skilled laborers) I had to go through 7-or-8 guys until I could get one I could depend on to show up every day on time and stay on the job for a full 8 hour day. I had guys with all kinds of personal problems which interfered with their being able to show up and stay on the job. Too often being at work and keeping it up is a lower priority than the personal issues that impinge on their daily lives.

After framing, getting on to drywall, I told my DW contractor I wanted only native sons on my job. When the crew showed up to hang DW, five guys get out of a van and jump to, all Mexicans, not a one of them except the van driver could speak English; and he left in the van - presumably to move another crew job to job.

I called my DW contractor, and he tells me: "I can't get white guys to show up and get the job done; you want the job done - right? So I lived with it even though I didn't like it; my recent experience told me he wasn't b/s'n me.

Now to the one guy I'd been able to cultivate into a reliable day-to-day "worker;" when his wife had needed to use his truck for personal "issues" I'd happily go to his trailer to bring him to the job so we could get some work done with minimal interference, on any given day; so on and so on.

When he saw that the project was done and our work was going to be small jobs until something bigger came along, he opted to go back to what he'd been doing when I'd recruited him off the street, scavenging for salvageable trash to sell at the local waste processor. These, it seems, are the new entrepreneurs; any thing to make a buck with maximum personal freedom.

But that's just my own personal anecdotal vignette.

6. American Horse

American Horse AKA "Mustang"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +938
    The illegals have a ready made communications network for finding both living quarters and work. They arrive into a city like my own (100,000 population) and make contact with local high profile establishments owned by Mexicans or the "community."
    A Mexican restaurant would be a good starting point.

They can fit into a crew because the crews in a given trade are closed to local natives, and usually don't even have English speaking components except a driver who makes sure they all get to the work as scheduled by a higher level member of the network hierarchy, who places them with contractors. The contractor delivers all material to the job-site or as you might think of it: "the work place"

This can all be done "casually" since enforcement is lax if not completely mute

7. R.C. Christian

R.C. Christian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,195
    The companies are just trying to survive, granted, it's not right but things are seldom as simple as to simply "just fuck honest americans". In many ways this nation is in it's death throes and morally bankrupt. Things like this are sadly just a sign of the times.

8. blu

blu Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +774
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

9. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761
    You cannot convience me that american are lazy and don't want to bus table, wash dishes and do construction work and get to work on time. Illegal aliens will pay to get a job and work for less. Americans will shovel shit if the pay is right to feed, clothe, provide medical care and provide shelter for their families.

10. Angelhair

Angelhair Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +153
    BS - This is what the open-border, pro-illegal loons want us to think. How did so many americans work themselves through college? THEY bussed tables and did dishes. Nothing has changed - just the brainwashing.