Is it just my perception or is Obama obsessed with suing and being sued?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
It just seems like he wants to use the courts to usurp local and national legislatures. Every damn day on the news or in the papers I'm hearing about this lawsuit or that lawsuit and 99% of them seem to revolve around Obama in some fashion or another.

Or has our country come to the point that we can no longer govern ourselves without some courts approval?

Maybe this is normal and I just never noticed because I wasn't paying attention before? Either way it seems like a path that gives the courts too much power. I thought the courts were to balance things out but it seems now they are being used as political pawns and weapons.

I've said it before, I've never seen a administration sue the States and basically the people who live in them like i have with this one.

How do you like it people?

Oh it's not that. Every thing is so partisan now..people are legislating from the bench. Don't like the way a vote turned out? Well..it's going to court.

Ridiculous..really.

• Banned
Oh it's not that. Every thing is so partisan now..people are legislating from the bench. Don't like the way a vote turned out? Well..it's going to court.

Ridiculous..really.

I agree. Thing is I dunno why this administration is sueing so many states. And based on the line of questioning by the justices it sounds like Obama is going to lose in most of the cases. Then democrats vow to write new legislation to effectivly overturn some laws anyhow.

Seems to me they should have done that first rather than waste our tax dollars in court because they were too impatient.

But we agree the courts system is being abused and misused.

It just seems like he wants to use the courts to usurp local and national legislatures. Every damn day on the news or in the papers I'm hearing about this lawsuit or that lawsuit and 99% of them seem to revolve around Obama in some fashion or another.

Or has our country come to the point that we can no longer govern ourselves without some courts approval?

Maybe this is normal and I just never noticed because I wasn't paying attention before? Either way it seems like a path that gives the courts too much power. I thought the courts were to balance things out but it seems now they are being used as political pawns and weapons.
It's what Statists do...usurp the 9th and 10th Amendments.

Do you have some stats on how many cases Obama's Solicitor General has gone to court compared to, ohhhhh, say, Bush's Solicitor General?

I seem to recall Bush going to court frequently during the war on terror, trying to get around this that and the other thing so he could spy on us without warrants, and detain people indefinitely and stuff like that.

Last edited:

That's what it is. Obama can't force others by leadership, so he takes the craven way out--decree and lawsuits.

When he is defeated in November, it will be more of the same, and on and on. We'll never get away from Obama lawsuits for the duration. That's what happens when you allow an interloper to become President. If he lives to be 100, he will be suing some hardworking person's ass off and trying to put a pox on the energy industry so nobody will think it's him who encouraged $5.00 gas prices "for the good of the environment," when all of humanity's influence on world environment is less that .006% (Six one thousandth of one percent).

Its you.

Its you.

Because????

Show me you're capable of a response based on facts.

I'm glad the courts are there to provide a check and balance on Obama.

Republicans have been doing some pretty embarrassing things recently -- so embarrassing that I could be tempted to vote Democratic this time around.

But every time that thought flits across my mind, I'm reminded of the decisions Obama has made which might take years for the courts to finally rule on and undo and I can't reward him for that with my vote.

So basically, I'm glad we have the courts to hopefully reverse the damage to the Constitution.

I'm glad the courts are there to provide a check and balance on Obama.

Republicans have been doing some pretty embarrassing things recently -- so embarrassing that I could be tempted to vote Democratic this time around.

But every time that thought flits across my mind, I'm reminded of the decisions Obama has made which might take years for the courts to finally rule on and undo and I can't reward him for that with my vote.

So basically, I'm glad we have the courts to hopefully reverse the damage to the Constitution.

Indeed...that's thier function...to check the other two branches...

The only reason that the top law enforcement officer in the Country isn't in jail for his part in Fast/Furious is because Barry owns him. Factor in the complete support by what we used to call the media which is now a propaganda arm of the administration and you have a recipe for government by edict rather than law.

how can you be obsessed with being sued?

if you get sued, you have to respond.

i'm not sure what your point is, gramps.

Do you have some stats on how many cases Obama's Solicitor General has gone to court compared to, ohhhhh, say, Bush's Solicitor General?

I seem to recall Bush going to court frequently during the war on terror, trying to get around this that and the other thing so he could spy on us without warrants, and detain people indefinitely and stuff like that.

No they don't have any stats. But stats don't matter to the permanent victim class of white conservatives.

how can you be obsessed with being sued?

if you get sued, you have to respond.

i'm not sure what your point is, gramps.

Too much usurping of local and federal govts. Ignoring our elected officials and peoples voice.

Example: California

What did you expect? He's a lawyer, not an executive.

That's what it is. Obama can't force others by leadership, so he takes the craven way out--decree and lawsuits.

When he is defeated in November, it will be more of the same, and on and on. We'll never get away from Obama lawsuits for the duration. That's what happens when you allow an interloper to become President. If he lives to be 100, he will be suing some hardworking person's ass off and trying to put a pox on the energy industry so nobody will think it's him who encouraged $5.00 gas prices "for the good of the environment," when all of humanity's influence on world environment is less that .006% (Six one thousandth of one percent).

You are a fucking troll....Go away before your stupidity spreads.

Negged. Because Becki is NOT a troll!

Forum List

Back