Is it just me

or is this site jacked up? Desktop tablet and phone are constantly reloading, lagging and now I am even being redirected to spam!
i have made more room, cleaned cache on all devices.. Wtf
My ad blocker prevents most of the crap from coming through.

Google "ad blockers" and install your pick of the lot.

This morning I noticed there was a malware on USMB which redirected to a bogus website called ingmatic.com. This appeared on my iPhone. It's a phishing site that offers free Amazon, Walmart, and Visa gift cards. Don't go there. Doing some searching around I found that the best way to shut it off is to shut off Javascript Go to Settings-->Safari-->Advanced-->Javascript and shut off Javascript.

Also found that this is not unique to USMB and if you do some looking around you will find there are also sites that seem to have something similar that targets Android phones.

i've been having the same problem and it makes navigating this site unbearable. I tried your recommendation and when I turned of javascript I could no longer click on active topics.

This morning I noticed there was a malware on USMB which redirected to a bogus website called ingmatic.com. This appeared on my iPhone. It's a phishing site that offers free Amazon, Walmart, and Visa gift cards. Don't go there. Doing some searching around I found that the best way to shut it off is to shut off Javascript Go to Settings-->Safari-->Advanced-->Javascript and shut off Javascript.

Also found that this is not unique to USMB and if you do some looking around you will find there are also sites that seem to have something similar that targets Android phones.

i've been having the same problem and it makes navigating this site unbearable. I tried your recommendation and when I turned of javascript I could no longer click on active topics.

Me, too. It sucks.

I just installed something called VPN defender, it's supposed to protect against hacking and whatnot, and I haven't been redirected since. It's only been about 2 hours, but before, I had trouble looking at one thread without being redirected 3-5 times.

Last edited:
IMG_0068.PNG
Anyone else having this periodic problem?

Sure enough, without my script-blocker on, this site has turned into an avalanche of ads and freeze-ups. If you use Firefox, add the extension "YesScript"....it's non-intrusive but effective.

I could be wrong, but most of the problems seem to have started after that insticator ad was added.

Every so often I have to go back and remember how to definitively stop vids from auto-running. It's more difficult than you would think under Google. And that's when the sluggishness happens. Because now these vids are triggered by just rolling over them. Or editing on page.

Even with Adblocker, when you're attacked by looping vids, it takes Adblocker time to work the page.

If you've got your speakers off -- turn them on. See how many vids may be trying to run.

I know frisbeeing your tablet across the room don't work at all. I've tried that more than once

Every so often I have to go back and remember how to definitively stop vids from auto-running. It's more difficult than you would think under Google. And that's when the sluggishness happens. Because now these vids are triggered by just rolling over them. Or editing on page.

Even with Adblocker, when you're attacked by looping vids, it takes Adblocker time to work the page.

If you've got your speakers off -- turn them on. See how many vids may be trying to run.

That never happens to me. Sometimes this site is just slow, I think. Maybe it gets overloaded or something. I don't know, but have you tried Chrome ad blocker? I have it and it works really well. No lag time at all unless the site is acting up.

General slowness does occur at times. Particularly in the late night hours. If you have malware -- it will manifest in actual interventions in your page loads. Eventually. They may TRACK you for awhile to determine what to "bribe you with" --- but eventually something more sinister than just stalking you will happen..

Criminy!
I'm getting my gun!!

or is this site jacked up? Desktop tablet and phone are constantly reloading, lagging and now I am even being redirected to spam!

I don't know what the problem is TN :(

However for people who use Google Chrome, you'll often get the whole thing freezing up with an Aw Snap message and/or a Page Unresponsive message, both will say to either Kill the page or Wait for it to become responsive.

kill_pages__by_smosh_4evrr-d51xins.png

To fix this freeze up and the Aw Snap messages and/or Page Unresponsive messages.

Go to Google Chrome, right click, go to Properties.

Go to Target, in the box after \chrome.exe do a Space and then type -no-sandbox

Then click Apply and then click OK.

This will fix Google Chrome freezing up webpages and stop the Aw Snap messages and/or Page Unresponsive messages.

View attachment 135215

I hope whatever your problem is TN that someone can help you with it, until then darling to make you feel better, here's twelve adorable Golden Retriever puppies :smile:

golden-retriever-puppies_4.jpg

Oooo!
I shall try that, though it sounds far more tricky than my usual remedy of tablet Frisbee.
If y'all never see me again cuz it exploded in my stupid face, blame her

Candycorn is trying to hack into USMB using your account! Beware!

To block ad's on your iPhone or any phone and/or tablet you can download AdBlockBrowser.

Adblock Browser

Forum List

Back