Is it just me

For whatever reason I can't get it to download to this iPad.
FireFox 54 is running well. I do use adblocker but no script blocker. If people have loaded too many videos or gifs I just bail out.

BTW -- I do believe when Chrome updates, it messes with a lot of your settings that it doesn't like. No other reason why I constantly have to redo preferences..
I blocked updates...

Generally I do also. UNLESS I know they are honest security patches. Don't want all these companies changing my tools on the 10 computers that I use for work..

This morning I noticed there was a malware on USMB which redirected to a bogus website called ingmatic.com. This appeared on my iPhone. It's a phishing site that offers free Amazon, Walmart, and Visa gift cards. Don't go there. Doing some searching around I found that the best way to shut it off is to shut off Javascript Go to Settings-->Safari-->Advanced-->Javascript and shut off Javascript.

Also found that this is not unique to USMB and if you do some looking around you will find there are also sites that seem to have something similar that targets Android phones.

Yep, that's what I've had to do, but it is usmb only. It is a JavaScript booger.
Hope they find it and get rid of it.
This morning I noticed there was a malware on USMB which redirected to a bogus website called ingmatic.com. This appeared on my iPhone. It's a phishing site that offers free Amazon, Walmart, and Visa gift cards. Don't go there. Doing some searching around I found that the best way to shut it off is to shut off Javascript Go to Settings-->Safari-->Advanced-->Javascript and shut off Javascript.

Also found that this is not unique to USMB and if you do some looking around you will find there are also sites that seem to have something similar that targets Android phones.

Here's what I know. It's a systemic "ad serving" problem all over the net right now. Sites like USMB have their ads "bundled" by Google and the other "majors". It's their primary responsibility to vet and certify the dozens of moving parts that decide which ads you are served and what modules are used to serve them..

So, the best tact is to do searches on keywords like "malware", "gift cards" "ad service" and the type of Operation system that is affected. You'll see that this is NOT unique to USMB. And they'll be tips for avoiding and "fixing" the issues.

The ad bundlers literally have THOUSANDS of potential advertisers that are customized to the cookies and your browsing history. You can't attack this without having SOME TYPE of malware software on your device. Because only those guys know the "good cookies" from the "bad cookies" and the BAD ad service components from the good ones.

USMB Admin doesn't have the resources to screen the loaded modules for every one of thousands of potential ads that don't come down the same way for everybody. That's my take on the issue.

And I understand your frustration. I keep 10 computers for Biz and a couple for Play. So this is the ANARCHY and CHAOS that results when YOU don't OWN the computing resource and lots of other big companies THINK they own your machine..

Last edited:
Every so often I have to go back and remember how to definitively stop vids from auto-running. It's more difficult than you would think under Google. And that's when the sluggishness happens. Because now these vids are triggered by just rolling over them. Or editing on page.

Even with Adblocker, when you're attacked by looping vids, it takes Adblocker time to work the page.

If you've got your speakers off -- turn them on. See how many vids may be trying to run.

That never happens to me. Sometimes this site is just slow, I think. Maybe it gets overloaded or something. I don't know, but have you tried Chrome ad blocker? I have it and it works really well. No lag time at all unless the site is acting up.

General slowness does occur at times. Particularly in the late night hours. If you have malware -- it will manifest in actual interventions in your page loads. Eventually. They may TRACK you for awhile to determine what to "bribe you with" --- but eventually something more sinister than just stalking you will happen..

Every so often I have to go back and remember how to definitively stop vids from auto-running. It's more difficult than you would think under Google. And that's when the sluggishness happens. Because now these vids are triggered by just rolling over them. Or editing on page.

Even with Adblocker, when you're attacked by looping vids, it takes Adblocker time to work the page.

If you've got your speakers off -- turn them on. See how many vids may be trying to run.

That never happens to me. Sometimes this site is just slow, I think. Maybe it gets overloaded or something. I don't know, but have you tried Chrome ad blocker? I have it and it works really well. No lag time at all unless the site is acting up.

General slowness does occur at times. Particularly in the late night hours. If you have malware -- it will manifest in actual interventions in your page loads. Eventually. They may TRACK you for awhile to determine what to "bribe you with" --- but eventually something more sinister than just stalking you will happen..

I saw on Fox News banner a few minutes ago that Google will stop the practice of monitoring personal E-mail of subscribers to G-Mail, a practice that started when G-Mail made it's debut in 2004. They would determine by the content what they thought which ads would appeal to the writer and sell information to advertisers. I think by signing up for free G-mail would give Google permission to do this. Sorta like the "Free Sample" ruse.

I saw on Fox News banner a few minutes ago that Google will stop the practice of monitoring personal E-mail of subscribers to G-Mail, a practice that started when G-Mail made it's debut in 2004. They would determine by the content what they thought which ads would appeal to the writer and sell information to advertisers. I think by signing up for free G-mail would give Google permission to do this. Sorta like the "Free Sample" ruse.

They are starting to feel the blowback. From general users to the hardware/software community that's tired of being cuffed by Googles rules and restrictions for developers. They are tyrannical at this point. And they know more then the NSA about you.. If that doesn't cause you to ditch their crap -- you're on your own...

I saw on Fox News banner a few minutes ago that Google will stop the practice of monitoring personal E-mail of subscribers to G-Mail, a practice that started when G-Mail made it's debut in 2004. .

Great news!

Is it time to revisit our earlier conversations regarding taking over the world under the Zionist yoke of tyranny?

ZOG rules!!

I had malware once, but I did a malware scan and deleted it or quarantined it or something. Anyways, I wasn't really talking about malware but just when ads slow down the loading of a page. Those animated ads (and especially when there is more than one) take a while to load sometimes and it slows you down. I would never ever click on one of those because that is probably where the malware would come from!

or is this site jacked up? Desktop tablet and phone are constantly reloading, lagging and now I am even being redirected to spam!
i have made more room, cleaned cache on all devices.. Wtf
Whatever you did, they should ban you. ;)

Gremlins keep telling me I've won a $1000 gift card here. Cleared my cookies, cache, etc., but keeps happening periodically when I visit different random threads. Anyone else?
Same here.

I have a Gmail that I never use. I don't like emails but if I have to, I use my Comcast (my cable provider) email account.

how come you look like michael jackson in your avatar?

or is this site jacked up? Desktop tablet and phone are constantly reloading, lagging and now I am even being redirected to spam!
i have made more room, cleaned cache on all devices.. Wtf

I don't know what the problem is TN :(

However for people who use Google Chrome, you'll often get the whole thing freezing up with an Aw Snap message and/or a Page Unresponsive message, both will say to either Kill the page or Wait for it to become responsive.

kill_pages__by_smosh_4evrr-d51xins.png

To fix this freeze up and the Aw Snap messages and/or Page Unresponsive messages.

Go to Google Chrome, right click, go to Properties.

Go to Target, in the box after \chrome.exe do a Space and then type -no-sandbox

Then click Apply and then click OK.

This will fix Google Chrome freezing up webpages and stop the Aw Snap messages and/or Page Unresponsive messages.

upload_2017-6-24_15-42-9.png

I hope whatever your problem is TN that someone can help you with it, until then darling to make you feel better, here's twelve adorable Golden Retriever puppies :smile:

golden-retriever-puppies_4.jpg

Forum List

Back