Is it just me or is the world a lot nuttier lately?

What about all the crazy stuff that doesn't get picked up in the news? We're probably not getting the full-bodied nutty taste, just a sampling.

Well there's always that and Kidd has already decided that the problem is me and not the world in general. :)

But it isn't just squirrly things in America. Here's from the U.K. Telegraph today:\

A meteor shower, an egg in an egg, and sheep in the Hobbits' Shire.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Left-Handers Day: right-handers offered 'conversion'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rome's chariot racers wealthier than today's sport stars
Crane used to rescue obese woman
Pensioner banned from taking pet owls for walks
Google Street View: 'dead girl' sparks panic after photographed lying down
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

see, i thought you were talking about people talking about burning korans, desecrating places of worship, claiming the president isn't born here, defending an oil company for cutting corners and trashing the gulf... that kind of thing.

the other stuff... eh.. it's always nutty... that's how things like drudge and national enquirer stay in business.

Sorry, but you'll see that other quite respectable news sources aren't any different these days. Drudge is NOT the National Enquiror. Every news organization and news room in the nation doesn't check out the National Enquiror every morning to see what the news of the day is going to be. They DO check out Drudge, however, as he is so often way ahead of everybody else in what is going to become 'important' news. You'll find Drudge very balanced in providing multiple sources on his website so that everybody can see the pros and cons of each issue. And you'll find as many links to liberal and moderate commentators as you will find to conservative ones.

So the fact that there were so many wierd headlines on Drudge's page today was significant. At least I thought so.

I can remember when I would be standing in line at the grocery checkout and kibitzing and giggling with others over the ridiculous headlines on the "National Enquiror" and similar tabloids. Some of the bizarre teasers were almost enough to persuade one to buy the newspaper.

So I check in to see what's cooking at Drudge today and see the following links one after the other in rapid succession:

Can Kansas save the American economy?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peru battles rabid vampire bats after 500 people bitten...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psychic finds wrong corpse...
Don't Drink and Drive: You Might Get Life in Prison!
Swede faces world-record $1 million speeding penalty...
Sheryl Crow demands 'recycled toilet paper' at concerts...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You would expect headlines like this on National Enquiror, not on a respectable news collection site like Drudge.

Can it get any more wierd?
Absolutely. Someone could consider Drudge a respectable news collection site.

Forum List

Back