Is it just me or is the world a lot nuttier lately?

What about all the crazy stuff that doesn't get picked up in the news? We're probably not getting the full-bodied nutty taste, just a sampling.

What about all the crazy stuff that doesn't get picked up in the news? We're probably not getting the full-bodied nutty taste, just a sampling.

Well there's always that and Kidd has already decided that the problem is me and not the world in general. :)

But it isn't just squirrly things in America. Here's from the U.K. Telegraph today:\

A meteor shower, an egg in an egg, and sheep in the Hobbits' Shire.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Left-Handers Day: right-handers offered 'conversion'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rome's chariot racers wealthier than today's sport stars
Crane used to rescue obese woman
Pensioner banned from taking pet owls for walks
Google Street View: 'dead girl' sparks panic after photographed lying down
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

a manhole cover came thru his windshield and decapitated him....kinda like a scene out of exorist...never any explanation for the accident...

It's you. :eek:

Yeah I guess as I have been so informed. :)

But then there was this recent story in the Reno Gazette-Journal:
A microwaved squid emitted such noxious fumes that apartment dwellers became queasy and two wound up at the hospital emergency room.

And in the India Express (India)-tragic but bizarre:
Six workers drowned after falling into a giant vat of tomato sauce at a factory in India.

And in Fox News this summer:
Graphic sex ed class under fire in Iowa as class shown sex positions with stuffed toys

Maybe THIS kind of stuff is making what our fearless leaders in Washington are doing look normal?

History says, nope, ain't any nuttier than anytime in the past. But 24by7 news talking heads with nothing to do have made media more incomprehensible. The National Enquirer is no longer the only nonsense in town.

"I am coming to understand that as Americans, we were born into a powerfully induced mass illusion. An infantile consciousness of "I-want-I want," which drives the machinery of war, waste and profits, and which colonizes our minds and souls from birth like a progressive disease." Joe Bageant

Well there's always that and Kidd has already decided that the problem is me and not the world in general. :)

But it isn't just squirrly things in America. Here's from the U.K. Telegraph today:\

A meteor shower, an egg in an egg, and sheep in the Hobbits' Shire.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Left-Handers Day: right-handers offered 'conversion'
Rome's chariot racers wealthier than today's sport stars
Crane used to rescue obese woman
Pensioner banned from taking pet owls for walks
Google Street View: 'dead girl' sparks panic after photographed lying down
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

see, i thought you were talking about people talking about burning korans, desecrating places of worship, claiming the president isn't born here, defending an oil company for cutting corners and trashing the gulf... that kind of thing.

the other stuff... eh.. it's always nutty... that's how things like drudge and national enquirer stay in business.

It's you. :eek:

Yeah I guess as I have been so informed. :)

But then there was this recent story in the Reno Gazette-Journal:
A microwaved squid emitted such noxious fumes that apartment dwellers became queasy and two wound up at the hospital emergency room.

And in the India Express (India)-tragic but bizarre:
Six workers drowned after falling into a giant vat of tomato sauce at a factory in India.

And in Fox News this summer:
Graphic sex ed class under fire in Iowa as class shown sex positions with stuffed toys

Maybe THIS kind of stuff is making what our fearless leaders in Washington are doing look normal?

It was meant as a joke!:lol: But seriously with the web every man bites dog story gets circulated as opposed to before...the same shit happened....you just never heard about it.

History says, nope, ain't any nuttier than anytime in the past. But 24by7 news talking heads with nothing to do have made media more incomprehensible. The National Enquirer is no longer the only nonsense in town.

"I am coming to understand that as Americans, we were born into a powerfully induced mass illusion. An infantile consciousness of "I-want-I want," which drives the machinery of war, waste and profits, and which colonizes our minds and souls from birth like a progressive disease." Joe Bageant

Your best post since I've been hanging around USMB. :clap2:
Above quote explains the dynamics of 'co-dependency' so rampant in our culture for decades.

Forum List

Back