Is it immoral to vote for a politician who calls Islam a religion of peace?

• Total voters

"Islam is Peace" Says President

These acts of violence against innocents violate the fundamental tenets of the Islamic faith. And it's important for my fellow Americans to understand that.

The face of terror is not the true faith of Islam. That's not what Islam is all about. Islam is peace.

That was...President Bush. September 17, 2001.

Ain't that a BITCH?!?

You can talk about arming and interfering all you want. Osama used quran scripture to justify deaths against the infidel. He lived his religion of terror. No aspersion you cast is going to change that reality.

The problem is, he was talking that same smack when he was killing Russians who were trying to teach Afghan Girls how to read. And we armed him anyway.

I don't see any value in monday morning qb'ing the Bin Laden armament in this thread. If you want to create an OP that shows that we knew Bin Laden was a bad man at that time, I'd be interested. But otherwise, you're just delving into the abstract as far as this thread is concerned. Bin Laden may have had his geo political grudges; but he used Islam's ideal of killing the infidel to recruit his minions.

Is it immoral to hate all people of a group based on the actions of a few in that group?

Yes. Yes it is. That is the definition of a bigot.

It is not immoral to vote for a President who is not a bigot.

End of story.

A soldier envoking God as a motivational tool and a nation fighting for religious supremacy are two different things, guy.

NOt really. I think you are really splitting hairs here.

Hey, let's go back to the three complaint Bin Laden gave for why he picked on America.

1) We support Israel. That has both secular and religious implications.
2) We are occupying Saudi Arabia and the area around Mecca- More religious, but no one like a foreign army on their land.
3) We engaged in a decade long campaign of starving out Iraq.

These are all secular kinds of complaints, and none of them involve trying to impose "supremacy" on the West.

1. Yes because the Muslim Brotherhood is living their religion of killing jews and infidels. By the letter of their religion, we are consigned to death unless we convert.
2. We were in Saudi Arabia at the invitation of their government.
3. Iraq has itself to blame for its problems. When you allow a gangster to run your country, you get what you get.

Now, my question to you is, are you actually trying to justify Osama's actions?

End of story.

Deary dear. Did you gloss over the fact that you just got your partisan ass handed to you in but one line? Take your bitch slap and walk off next time. Nothing sadder than a bitch who comes back for more, after all.

The average American thinks this (that Islam is a religion of peace) is crap...
Argumentum ad populum fallacy.

If the average American believed slavery was moral, that does not make it so.

If the average American believed the moon was made of cheese, that does not make it so.

That was many pages ago...I'm guessing I was refuting a point and not making an outright case based upon what people think. So, don't take me out of context stuff and call it a fallacy, bitch. Again, take your bitch slap and walk on out next time.

Last edited:

End of story.

Deary dear. Did you gloss over the fact that you just got your partisan ass handed to you in but one line? Take your bitch slap and walk off next time. Nothing sadder than a bitch who comes back for more, after all.
Sorry, kid. Your bigoted attempts to paint all Muslims as terrorists is flailing.

Let's go with different more relevant percentages; what percent of terrorists are Muslim? What percent of religionist terrorists are Muslim?

GAME, SET, MATCH.
I've seen a lot of illogic on this board, but this is up there.

Even if 100 percent of terrorists were Muslim (they aren't), that does not prove that 100 percent of Muslims are terrorists.

“Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims.” How many times have you heard that one? Sure, we heard Fox News’s Brian Kilmeade say it, but to me, that was simply part of the Fox News plan to make their viewers dumber, as we saw again this past weekend when its terrorism “expert” Steve Emerson wascaught fabricating the story that Birmingham, England, is closed to non-Muslims.

So here are some statistics for those interested. Let’s start with Europe. Want to guess what percent of the terrorist attacks there were committed by Muslims over the past five years? Wrong. That is, unless you said less than 2 percent.

As Europol, the European Union’s law-enforcement agency, noted in its report released last year, the vast majority of terror attacks in Europe were perpetrated by separatist groups. For example, in 2013, there were 152 terror attacks in Europe. Only two of them were “religiously motivated,” while 84 were predicated upon ethno-nationalist or separatist beliefs.

Are All Terrorists Muslims It s Not Even Close

What we are seeing in the topic starter is a classic case of confirmation bias.

I scoff at your lame moral equivalence. Do you really pretend they're the same? That's deluded even for you.

Actually, from my view, they are both belief in Magic Sky Pixies who demand the death of unbelievers.

Christianity actually has the worse overall track record.

"Kill them all, for God Knows his own!" Said right before the Papal Armies slaughtered Christians and Heretics alike in the city of Beziers in France.

I don't see any value in monday morning qb'ing the Bin Laden armament in this thread. If you want to create an OP that shows that we knew Bin Laden was a bad man at that time, I'd be interested. But otherwise, you're just delving into the abstract as far as this thread is concerned. Bin Laden may have had his geo political grudges; but he used Islam's ideal of killing the infidel to recruit his minions.

Uh, guy, they SHOULD have known this guy was a nut when we armed him.

Instead, we knew these guys were religious fanatics, we armed them anyway, because our thought process probably went no further than, "Now we can get them Russkies back for screwing us in Vietnam!"

1. Yes because the Muslim Brotherhood is living their religion of killing jews and infidels. By the letter of their religion, we are consigned to death unless we convert.
3. Iraq has itself to blame for its problems. When you allow a gangster to run your country, you get what you get.

Justify it, no?

Pointing out that they weren't getting secret brain messages from Mohammed? Uh, yeah.

Again- one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

I scoff at your lame moral equivalence. Do you really pretend they're the same? That's deluded even for you.

Actually, from my view, they are both belief in Magic Sky Pixies who demand the death of unbelievers.

Christianity actually has the worse overall track record.

"Kill them all, for God Knows his own!" Said right before the Papal Armies slaughtered Christians and Heretics alike in the city of Beziers in France.

Really? Go ahead and document this alleged worse track record as it relates to modern times and not some ancient story you've otherwise made up in your head.

Uh, guy, they SHOULD have known this guy was a nut when we armed him.

Instead, we knew these guys were religious fanatics, we armed them anyway, because our thought process probably went no further than, "Now we can get them Russkies back for screwing us in Vietnam!"

I really don't care how shortsighted you think we were in Afghanistan in the 80's. Reality check: We helped Osama and he still went terrorist on us. It was an inevitability; and you're throwing out some talking point smokescreen.

Justify it, no?

Pointing out that they weren't getting secret brain messages from Mohammed? Uh, yeah.

This it's a matter of perspective BS you're doing is trying to have it both ways. I don't care whose freedom fighter you think he is. Osama was a terrorist. That is indisputable to any rational thinking person. Now, what really made him a terrorist? You think it was all these alleged injustices? No. The guy had blood lust; and he had a book that inspired blood lust that helped him to recruit morons to kill the infidels.

Justify it, no?

This it's a matter of perspective BS you're doing is trying to have it both ways. I don't care whose freedom fighter you think he is. Osama was a terrorist. That is indisputable to any rational thinking person. Now, what really made him a terrorist? You think it was all these alleged injustices? No. The guy had blood lust; and he had a book that inspired blood lust that helped him to recruit morons to kill the infidels.
Nonsense.

As with all terrorists and criminals, OBL was alone responsible for his criminal acts, not a religion or its tenets misappropriated by terrorists and criminals who are in no way representative of Islam or all Muslims.

Forum List

Back