Is it immoral to have children knowing you can not provide them a decent life?

wh
Its far more moral to send them to bed hungry every night rather than get in line for food stamps?

Because those are the only two choices you can see?
Or you could rob a liquor store I guess.

THAT would be the immorality: acting like a helpless victim in your own life. Why is earning some money to buy food not an option in your worldview, or possibly giving the child to someone who CAN feed him if you're simply unable to muster that much gumption?

What reality do you live in that someone can just give themselves a raise?

why would you have kids knowing that you may be sending them to bed hungry or that you require a raise to cover their costs correctly?

Why wouldn't you put yourself in the position of earning more money and having a stable lifestyle BEFORE having kids?

Kinda hard to figure out if you are going to be a good parent until you do it.

Why?

Why can't someone predict the future?

seriously?

I will never understand people who want to treat everything in their lives as though they're helpless, immobilized bystanders being victimized by out-of-control fate. Being a good parent isn't a matter of "figuring out IF you are", it's a matter of deciding to BE, and then following through.

And what happens when the economy decides you no longer have income?

your lifestyle and livelihood shouldnt depend on the 'economy', you should put yourself in a position to continual earn enough money to support yourself and kids without relying on some business to provide you an income that they can take away at any time.

If a person plans to have a child knowing that the kid(s) will not be provided a reasonable life (talking USA standards here) -- good education, not worrying about housing/food/clothes, access to opportunities to really exceed in life, etc, is that person making an immoral choice and should they be held accountable for it?

If I was unable to have a good paying job, and I knew that by having a kid I would be dooming that person to a life of struggle, pain, and a great likelihood of not accomplishing much (and probably turning criminal, etc), how could I say I really loved that child? What would I tell him when he or she is older and asks why I put them through such struggles?

it is not immoral to have children of you are poor. In my opinion it is selfish and wrong to have children you cannot afford to care for...on your own and by yourself.

It is immoral to have children to secure yourself handouts and a free ride in life.

So you'd rather break the law than get food stamps.
Maybe you shouldn't pretend to be so knowledgable about who other people are and what they would and wouldn't do...

I'm not pretending to know anything. You TOLD me you'd rather whore yourself out. See:

And I'd rather turn tricks on the street corner than 1) let my children go hungry, or 2) become a pathetic professional victim like you.

You are one dumb bitch, You post on a public forum that you'd rather be a whore than " become a pathetic professional victim" and then when people say you'd rather break the law you get pissed. You must have an extremely short memory. Or you're unaware that whoring yourself out on the street corner is illegal almost everywhere. Plan to move to Nevada to be a whore?

I never said you live in a homeless shelter, you ignoramus. I said that if my mother had ascribed to your gormless life philosophy - if such childish ignorance can even be called a "philosophy" - WE would have wound up there

Wow. So if your mother ascribed to my life philosophy - she would have been in a homeless shelter - yet I ascribe to my life philosophy - but I'm not in a homeless shelter. What does that say about your mother?

Last edited:
why would you have kids knowing that you may be sending them to bed hungry or that you require a raise to cover their costs correctly?
How the hell do you know whether or not you'll have steady employment for 18 years out ?!?! Are you on an 18 year contract at your job?

Why wouldn't you put yourself in the position of earning more money and having a stable lifestyle BEFORE having kids?

Biology dumbass

Republicans think "education is for snobs". They believe children are a punishment for having sex. They believe the best form of birth control is starvation. OK, not all Republicans feel that way. I'm guessing about 90% do.

Republicans think "education is for snobs". They believe children are a punishment for having sex. They believe the best form of birth control is starvation. OK, not all Republicans feel that way. I'm guessing about 90% do.

You are such a hack. Or are you taking up the liesmatters slack?

What's immoral is having children and then demanding someone else support them. People have been having children they can't afford since people have been having children.

Its far more moral to send them to bed hungry every night rather than get in line for food stamps?

It's not an either or proposition.

If a person plans to have a child knowing that the kid(s) will not be provided a reasonable life (talking USA standards here) -- good education, not worrying about housing/food/clothes, access to opportunities to really exceed in life, etc, is that person making an immoral choice and should they be held accountable for it?

If I was unable to have a good paying job, and I knew that by having a kid I would be dooming that person to a life of struggle, pain, and a great likelihood of not accomplishing much (and probably turning criminal, etc), how could I say I really loved that child? What would I tell him when he or she is older and asks why I put them through such struggles?

struggles are what makes humans great..many an amazing person has climb up out of the pits and many a born with a silver spoon in their mouth twit has ultimately contributed little to mankind

You make plans before hand and work where ever you can till you make things work.

You really need to stop looking at yourself as a victim and instead exercise some faith, think outside the box and get to work.

Republicans think "education is for snobs".

No. We just arent foolish enough to think that college is the only way to educate oneself.

They believe children are a punishment for having sex.

No. That would be President Obama.

They believe the best form of birth control is starvation.

Just making nonsense up?

OK, not all Republicans feel that way. I'm guessing about 90% do.

You clearly know you're making it up if you need to add this side note. You dont have the integrity to fully admit though.

What's immoral is having children and then demanding someone else support them. People have been having children they can't afford since people have been having children.

Oh, that's right, i forget that if someone wants more money they just have to go get a job.

I guess by that logic the reason unemployment is high is because people just all of a sudden didn't want to work as much.

You make plans before hand and work where ever you can till you make things work.

And when you can't find work, like 8.3% of Americans, what do you do then?

I know exactly what I'd do. I've been paying federal taxes for 20 years now. I'd have no issue with getting some of it back. Of course - the right wing only wants the tax dollars I've paid to come back to me if I strike it rich. If I strike it poor, I shouldn't get any of them back.

You really need to stop looking at yourself as a victim and instead exercise some faith, think outside the box and get to work.

I'm not looking at myself as a victim. Kinda hard to when my salary just more than doubled. You and crazy Cecille have been the only ones suggesting I might be the victim of anything but having to endure you and her stupidity.

Of course now that my salary more than doubled, I'm in a higher tax bracket, so according to the whiny right, I am a victim of oppressive government taxation.

Last edited:

Oh, that's right, i forget that if someone wants more money they just have to go get a job.

I guess by that logic the reason unemployment is high is because people just all of a sudden didn't want to work as much.

Work produces money. You dont need a job, you just need to work at something that produces value to others.

You seem to think that if you don't have a job, you can't work. We can all work whether someone gives us a job or we create our own.

Work produces money. You dont need a job, you just need to work at something that produces value to others.

You seem to think that if you don't have a job, you can't work.

So what you're saying is that the 8.3% unemployed should take their massive savings and start a business?

Because those are the only two choices you can see?
Or you could rob a liquor store I guess.

THAT would be the immorality: acting like a helpless victim in your own life. Why is earning some money to buy food not an option in your worldview, or possibly giving the child to someone who CAN feed him if you're simply unable to muster that much gumption?

What reality do you live in that someone can just give themselves a raise?

Oh, okay. Fucking bum, abusive parent, or violent criminal are the only choices you can see in life. And you wonder why everyone views you with such contempt.

What reality do YOU live in that the only way to decide to make a living is to "give yourself a raise"? You just really can't grasp the idea of independence and personal responsibility, can you?
:lol::clap2::lol::clap2::lol::clap2:

How about we just stick with the idea that it's immoral to have children before you're married, and it's stupid to marry a loser and not have a plan?

Why is the new morality (it's okay to have extramarital sex, but not to have children) better than the old morality (kids are great, but don't have sex before you're married for their sake)?

Forum List

Back