Is it hateful to say that homosexuality is a disorder?

Essentially every major religion in the world that takes a position on homosexual sodomy condemns it. The Bible condemns it is various places and in various ways. It is not an exaggeration to say that among people who take the Bible seriously, homosexual sodomy is a moral abomination.
I don't give a rats hind parts about what religion says about anything

OTOH, sodomy between American men is ABNORMAL, as it is only practiced by a tiny fraction of the population (between one and two percent at any given time). Sodomy between American women is in the same range, but somewhat lower. Homosexuals like to claim a much higher percentage, but this changes the numerator from the present tense to "have you ever?" which is not a relevant datum.
You have no business deciding what is normal based on your assessment of how prevalent it is. It is normal for the people who engage in it. Get the fuck over it and get a life .

Up until 1973 homosexuality was a disorder. Then the criteria was changed. Not because there was some breakthrough or discovery but because gays started throwing tantrums. Throwing tantrums should have proved it was a disorder instead of taking it off the list.

I think it is where someone wants to value or devalue what society accepts as "normal".
If I can do something and define it as "normal" for me ... What gives you or society the ability to punish me for it?
No one wants to punish you for what you think, as ignorant as it might be. But you should be, and will be punished for imposing "what you think" on others .

If an individual thinks their behavior is "normal" ... Why would they ever attempt to hide it?
For the same reason that Jews hid from Nazies

Holy smokes dude ... Put the hookah down (figuratively speaking) ... :auiqs.jpg:

You assume too much about what you think I think.
You have driven off the empty rhetoric cliff with your ridiculous responses.

I feel that one is free to call homosexuality anything that one wishes.

A "disorder"? A "sin"? An "abomination"? A "disease"? Maybe even a "gift"?

IMHO, homosexuality should be considered a disability, with which one is born.

Most gay people (especially men) face a life of loneliness and isolation as they age in their youth-oriented culture.

I feel that:

a. Society should treat gay people as humanely as possible.

b. NO child should be coerced into attending "conversion" classes, BUT an adult should be able to get counseling if s/he wants to explore celibacy as an option.

So you deny hateful Christians target gays ... :th_believecrap:
No ... I laughed at the fact you suggested people publically deny their own normal behavior because they are so terrified of Christians ... :21:
Well, Christians are despicable haters who have openly declared war on gays, so yes decent honest hardworking people try to avoid Christian harassment.

NO child should be coerced into attending "conversion" classes, BUT an adult should be able to get counseling if s/he wants to explore celibacy as an option.
Maybe Christians should receive counseling to explore celibacy as an option to destroying other people's lives.

Well, Christians are despicable haters who have openly declared war on gays, so yes decent honest hardworking people try to avoid Christian harassment.

So ... I still think it is funny you suggest a person is so terrified of mean old Christians ...
That they are going to deny and hide what they consider to be normal behavior.

But ... It's quite possible the insecurities associated with that choice on their part ...
Could present a significant social barrier retarding their ability cope with their normality.

So ... I still think it is funny you suggest a person is so terrified of mean old Christians ...
That they are going to deny and hide what they consider to be normal behavior.

But ... It's quite possible the insecurities associated with that choice on their part ...
Could present a significant social barrier retarding their ability cope with their normality.

Peter LaBarbera Is Upset ‘Love, Simon’ Did Not Mention The ‘Judgment Of God’ On Gay People | Right Wing Watch

Anti-LGBTQ activist Peter LaBarbera was, unsurprisingly, not a fan of the new gay teenage romance film “Love, Simon,” complaining to Religious Right radio host Janet Mefferd on Tuesday that the film fails to promote a “religious message” and does not warn audiences that gay people face a life of physical and mental illness “and of course the judgment of God.”

Not assuming anything. The fact that you suggest that gay people have nothing to fear tells me all that I need to know about you.

Well ... Yes and no ... For starters, I didn't suggest anything.
I simply asked you why you thought homosexuals attempted to hide what they think is normal behavior.

As far as any hate or fear is involved ... You and the other poster seem to harbor more hate or fear for someone else than I do.
If you think your insecurities are sufficient reason to determine my disposition ... You are free to make whatever misjudgments suit your disposition.

Not assuming anything. The fact that you suggest that gay people have nothing to fear tells me all that I need to know about you.

Well ... Yes and no ... For starters, I didn't suggest anything.
I simply asked you why you thought homosexuals attempted to hide what they think is normal behavior.

As far as any hate or fear is involved ... You and the other poster seem to harbor more hate or fear for someone else than I do.
If you think your insecurities are sufficient reason to determine my disposition ... You are free to make whatever misjudgments suit your disposition.

My insecurities [emoji75]You don’t know me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well ... You are the one that suggested someone should be so terrified of Christians that they will deny or hide what they believe to be normal behavior.
If you think that is a sign of being secure with one's self ... It isn't.

But ... Perhaps you are completely secure with your normal behavior.
In that case ... You would just be commenting on why you think other people do what they do.

Well ... You are the one that suggested someone should be so terrified of Christians that they will deny or hide what they believe to be normal behavior.
If you think that is a sign of being secure with one's self ... It isn't.

But ... Perhaps you are completely secure with your normal behavior.
In that case ... You would just be commenting on why you think other people do what they do.

What I said was that it is understandable that, even today, some gay people may not feel safe being out. The fact that you keep referring to me and my sense of security is idiotic and presumptuous

Forum List

Back