Is it God’s right to kill us whenever he sees fit?

“And taking life whenever He sees fit, however He sees fit, which is absolutely His right.”

Do you think it odd that your God never acknowledges you? Is that rude?

SweetSue92 gave me this reply but I have heard many Christians echo this thinking which basically says that the law maker does not need to follow the law he dictates for the rest of us. I paraphrase, do as I say and not as I do.

This was in response to our chatting about the many times, as in the genocide of Noah’s day, the murder of Egypt’s first born and the 6 day torture of King David’s baby, all because God was angry with the parents. God kills us when he could just as easily cure us and picks the innocent to kill instead of the guilty.

Is, --- do as I say and not as I do for a law maker or anyone else, --- moral or immoral thinking?

Regards
DL

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/image...899a7c4752d2159028a6b023189ee73889029ab5ebe84
Do you normally read allegorical accounts literally?

“And taking life whenever He sees fit, however He sees fit, which is absolutely His right.”

SweetSue92 gave me this reply but I have heard many Christians echo this thinking which basically says that the law maker does not need to follow the law he dictates for the rest of us. I paraphrase, do as I say and not as I do.

This was in response to our chatting about the many times, as in the genocide of Noah’s day, the murder of Egypt’s first born and the 6 day torture of King David’s baby, all because God was angry with the parents. God kills us when he could just as easily cure us and picks the innocent to kill instead of the guilty.

Is, --- do as I say and not as I do for a law maker or anyone else, --- moral or immoral thinking?

Regards
DL

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/image...899a7c4752d2159028a6b023189ee73889029ab5ebe84
Could not come at a better time.

??

Why is that?

Regards
DL
God gave man free will. You are responsible for your life here, god does not live it for you. Quit blaming god for your woes.

To your first.
Thanks for the lie.

To the rest.
I cannot blame a fantasy for anything.

You might give your message to all the immoral Christians who plan to put the responsibility you speak of on Jesus as they use him as their scapegoat.

Regards
DL
Regards
DL
That sounds very much like something a militant atheist would say.

I just heard on the radio again about the Cali Fires/deaths
it said a family prayed to get safely through the fire--and they did
the radio guy said ''their prayers were answered''......!!
really??!
do you realize the idiocy of this?
Are saying that they should not have prayed? Maybe everyone who died did so because they didn't pee on the flames and extinguish the fire on their own --- now that would be idiotic to imagine. However, for a family to pray for help is not. And the fact that they escaped was a miracle.
so god saved them, but not the ones who died? why?
AND, people who pray never die/god saves some who pray-but not others?
freakin stupid/ridiculous--IDIOTIC/nonsensical
id·i·ot·ic
/ˌidēˈädik/
adjective
INFORMAL
  1. very stupid.
    "I was able to hum its idiotic theme tune"
    synonyms: stupid, silly, foolish, witless, brainless, mindless, thoughtless, unintelligent; More
If GOD saved everyone, how would anyone know that a miracle happened? Say if GOD saved you from a burning building but you hadn't called on GOD, hadn't beseeched HIM for a direction of escape --- had no relationship with Him of any sort, and never acknowledged Him whatsoever! What exactly would you have gained and what would others gain from your experience? Everything happens for a reason. But if you don't like reasoning or GOD --- what would be the point? Hell is full of people who never cared one way or the other.

Frankly, you don't know how many other people were saved by the prayers of others regarding them. The Moore tornado is a case in point. All the children remaining at one public school were saved through a direct hit by a level 5 tornado. And a teacher was praying aloud during the event (in the name of Jesus --- against the laws of the land as presently interpreted --- I might add); however, they all survived while many individuals in the surrounding area didn't. Prayer does work; however, it isn't always a blanket everyone else can unknowingly appreciate.

Last edited:

Regards
DL

To my knowledge, God has never harmed a single soul. Perhaps you are under the false impression that God gives a crap about the clay body you are imprisoned in?

Yes. God holds the keys of life and death. He can call us Home when He chooses. But He has also promised that we will have our life restored in the resurrection

So you prefer to hide behind your supernatural garbage shield than to deal with the moral aspect of God being an Indian giver.

Thanks for showing your hypocrisy and religious focus, which should be but has nothing to do with morality.

Regards
DL

Well, you have well demonstrated your idiot first class status. Not only do you not have the answers, you don't even understand the questions.

It is really sophomoric to insist that God does not exist while, at the same time. accusing him of not being moral.

really??!
Are saying that they should not have prayed? Maybe everyone who died did so because they didn't pee on the flames and extinguish the fire on their own --- now that would be idiotic to imagine. However, for a family to pray for help is not. And the fact that they escaped was a miracle.
id·i·ot·ic
/ˌidēˈädik/
adjective
INFORMAL
  1. very stupid.
    synonyms: stupid, silly, foolish, witless, brainless, mindless, thoughtless, unintelligent; More
If GOD saved everyone, how would anyone know that a miracle happened? Say if GOD saved you from a burning building but you hadn't called on GOD, hadn't beseeched HIM for a direction of escape --- had no relationship with Him of any sort, and never acknowledged Him whatsoever! What exactly would you have gained and what would others gain from your experience? Everything happens for a reason. But if you don't like reasoning or GOD --- what would be the point? Hell is full of people who never cared one way or the other.

Frankly, you don't know how many other people were saved by the prayers of others regarding them. The Moore tornado is a case in point. All the children remaining at one public school were saved through a direct hit by a level 5 tornado. And a teacher was praying aloud during the event (in the name of Jesus --- against the laws of the land as presently interpreted --- I might add); however, they all survived while many individuals in the surrounding area didn't. Prayer does work; however, it isn't always a blanket everyone else can unknowingly appreciate.
there are no miracles or prayer saving
you cannot prove it at all
you cannot prove prayer works

really??!
id·i·ot·ic
/ˌidēˈädik/
adjective
INFORMAL
  1. very stupid.

What is it that you want prayer to do?

really??!
id·i·ot·ic
/ˌidēˈädik/
adjective
INFORMAL
  1. very stupid.

And you cannot prove it wont. Which would you rather believe?

Regards
DL

Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and move along, serf.

I was not talking politics. Thanks for showing your vile character anyway.

You must be a Christian.

Regards
DL

Reminds me of the CNN reporter barging into a news conference with Trump and then hurling insults and being rude and then wondering why he is banned from going there anymore.

Regards
DL

God not only wiped away the entire human population while saving Noah, he also shortened the life span of humans after the event to prevent evil from flourishing as it did before the flood. Men used to live close to a 1000 years but after the even only 120.

The message here, whether you believe it or not, is that the longer evil men live the more harm they can bring everyone else.

Hell, Hitler only lived 50 years and see what he accomplished.

I can only imagine the hellish world that existed during Noah's time.

really??!
id·i·ot·ic
/ˌidēˈädik/
adjective
INFORMAL
  1. very stupid.

And you cannot prove it wont. Which would you rather believe?
??
which what would I'd rather believe?
there are no miracles--plain and simple
you can't prove otherwise
what don't you people understand about claiming --anything!?
if you claim it --ie there are miracles---the claimer has to prove it
it is STUPID/ridiculous/immature/2nd grade/etc to say:
you can't prove there isn't a god
VERY DUMB!!

God never answered for his flood that killed nearly all of humanity, so that would be a "yes".

Forum List

Back