Is It Football Or Baseball?????

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Watching the Yankees-Red Sox game from London.....

Fourth inning, and the score is more like football: 14 to 6

Yanks.

Yanks.

Frickin' MLB won't gimme anything but an audio feed.

Not that that isn't superior but it would be nice to see what the place looks like. Actually I was hoping to catch a British play-by-play announcer but no such luck there either.

Oh well GO SAWX.

Yanks.

Frickin' MLB won't gimme anything but an audio feed.

Not that that isn't superior but it would be nice to see what the place looks like. Actually I was hoping to catch a British play-by-play announcer but no such luck there either.

Oh well GO SAWX.

The stadium is amazing....hugh.....attendance 60,000

Looked like most folks knew what the game is about.

Ended 17-13

What a game for LeMahieu!!!

Cashman paid him $24 mil for two years......it was a steal!!!!!

This guy is the contact hitter the Yanks needed last year.

Definitely not a pitcher's contest. I was pleased to see a very good crowd though I'm not sure the Reds vs. the Padres would pack the house. On the other hand such a game wouldn't fill the stands here either.

As much as I detest the cultural hegemony of the Yankees it's what the Brits want to see and this is a shot in the arm for baseball during the long interminable MLB season. More games in Europe will be forthcoming next season.

Can you imagine a game in Paris or Rome?

Definitely not a pitcher's contest. I was pleased to see a very good crowd though I'm not sure the Reds vs. the Padres would pack the house. On the other hand such a game wouldn't fill the stands here either.

As much as I detest the cultural hegemony of the Yankees it's what the Brits want to see and this is a shot in the arm for baseball during the long interminable MLB season. More games in Europe will be forthcoming next season.

Can you imagine a game in Paris or Rome?

While I'm in full accord with the hegemony phrase, whence are we pulling the idea that "it's what the Brits want to see"? Doesn't speak well of the Brits, does it.

Second game in the London series.....

Seventh inning began with Sox ahead, 4-2

Inning ended with the score 11-4.......YANKEES!!!!!!

Second game in the London series.....

Seventh inning began with Sox ahead, 4-2

Inning ended with the score 11-4.......YANKEES!!!!!!

Brits are gonna get the complete wrong idea of how baseball rolls.

Once AGAIN the game is blacked out. How the FUCK can I be blacked out five thousand miles away?? I could watch a game from Washington or Cleveland without blackout.

Sorry PC. I don't watch the DH league. It is not real baseball. NL only.

Oh, yeah?????

"Let’s Stop Pretending That Pitchers Can Hit
Sadly, not everyone is Shohei Ohtani: Pitcher hitting has never been worse, and it’s time to evolve beyond MLB’s vestigial limb and bring the DH to the National League"

By Ben Lindbergh Jun 7, 2018, 8:17am EDT
Let’s Stop Pretending That Pitchers Can Hit

Relatively, yeah.

Course, MLB is doing what it can to destroy the game in both leagues. I don't mind replays but this intentional walk without actually throwing a pitch is just bullshit. So is this bogus "defensive indifference". But yes, damn right; a pitcher is part of the defense and therefore should be up to bat just as a light-hitting 2B or RF or catcher should. DH isn't baseball; it's selective-proxy-baseball. Why is it so bogus? Because it's based on ASS-SUMPTION, i.e. that "pitchers can't hit". And that's just insulting both to players and spectators. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy by rule. Baseball fascism if you like.

Fun fact: Babe Ruth came up as a pitcher. Good one too.

Oh, yeah?????

Sadly, not everyone is Shohei Ohtani: Pitcher hitting has never been worse, and it’s time to evolve beyond MLB’s vestigial limb and bring the DH to the National League"

PC, it is not the "pitchers hitting" that is the big deal. It is the different strategy the manager must apply. Both teams, using all players, every game situation, pitch count, injuries, weakness, knowledge becomes a weapon. When to change pitchers becomes a game within a game much of the time. Too complicated to explain.

Oh, yeah?????

PC, it is not the "pitchers hitting" that is the big deal. It is the different strategy the manager must apply. Both teams, using all players, every game situation, pitch count, injuries, weakness, knowledge becomes a weapon. When to change pitchers becomes a game within a game much of the time. Too complicated to explain.

Pitchers hitting......BOOOOOOORING!

I just watched a pitcher, Chance Adam, give up hit after hit.....strategy in the AL, too.

Forum List

Back